Reduced ticket prices next Tuesday (2 Viewers)

shmmeee

You've raised the tech stakes too high for me there, although why them and Vauxhall would name something Adam is bizarre.

It's Biblical I think.

The Adam tablet was made by some guy from the middle of nowhere with no tech background, promised the world and ended up being utter shite and never heard of again apart from vague plans for a grand return.

Thought it was fairly apt.

ajsccfc

I do like how their site is just 'busy creating, back soon' with no actual information or dates. That would fit quite well with this new stadium site they're announcing soon definitely, promise cross fingers.

Nick

Administrator
Again. Context.

We weren't struggling to attract 1k fans to home league games last season. What we did then is kind of irrelevant.

This is not a normal business scenario, unfortunately everything must be looked at through the lens of the ongoing stadium row. It's why freebies matter now and not last season. The attendance is a very important figure politically this season and so people will want to be aware of all factors effecting it.

So because the attendances are lower they can't do offers for tickets?
I couldn't care if they are a quid as long as we win.

bigfatronssba

That's where we differ.

I would happily lose every game if I felt some progress in getting our club back in Coventry.

The longer the low attendance the better chance we have of that IMO.

shmmeee

No, stop making straw men, bad logic. Because attendances are lower it matters more when we do.

Edit: as an aside, we should never reduce ticket prices for one off games apart from the very rare exception. Football tickets are not a price sensitive item, evidence has shown this time and time again. It just wastes money and attracts no new fans.

Last edited:

ccfcway

if we got promoted and changed the name to Northamptonshire Sky Blues ?

It would only be a name change, whats the problem ?

Nick

Administrator
No, stop making straw men, bad logic. Because attendances are lower it matters more when we do.

Edit: as an aside, we should never reduce ticket prices for one off games apart from the very rare exception. Football tickets are not a price sensitive item, evidence has shown this time and time again. It just wastes money and attracts no new fans.

So no other clubs do special deals on tickets?

I think the clubs marketing and pr has been awful but they can't really be shouted at for ticket deals can they? They did a groupon a couple of seasons ago when it was going to be a quiet game...

Astute

I am pretty sure last season it was £4 off every midweek match at the Ricoh...£18 instead of £22 .. Not much different to what they are doing now £11 instead of £16

But because of joy being pig headed they will be charging a non league price of £11 instead of £22 to watch a game in a ground that is just better than non league standard, and will be watched by a crowd lower than some non league games.

ccfcway

Ahh I see how the name change and a fiver off a ticket are exactly the same?

just seeing where you would draw the line Nick

you dont care if tickets are £1 in NORTHAMPTON as long as we win, but you would draw the line at a name change, that correct ?

Grendel

But because of joy being pig headed they will be charging a non league price of £11 instead of £22 to watch a game in a ground that is just better than non league standard, and will be watched by a crowd lower than some non league games.

At the Ricoh pre SISU for some games they charged £5

Nick

Administrator

So if they were charging 22 you would be going mad saying how it wasn't worth it etc.

Astute

One season we played Colchester at the Ricoh not long after we opened. It remains one of the biggest crowds there. I wonder why.

Because SISU weren't ruining our club then.

Astute

So if they were charging 22 you would be going mad saying how it wasn't worth it etc.

Would I? What makes you say that?

Not bothered what they charge. £22, £18, £11 or even 50p. I am the same as many. I won't go.

I am off work ATM. If we were playing at the Ricoh I would happily pay £22. I have never moaned about the price of a ticket. It is the cheapest part of going to a game for me. You can buy a ST for what each match costs me. There are many like me.

Nick

Administrator
Would I? What makes you say that?

Not bothered what they charge. £22, £18, £11 or even 50p. I am the same as many. I won't go.

I am off work ATM. If we were playing at the Ricoh I would happily pay £22. I have never moaned about the price of a ticket. It is the cheapest part of going to a game for me. You can buy a ST for what each match costs me. There are many like me.

We aren't at the ricoh, my point was if they tried to charge high prices at sixfields people would moan then about it wouldn't they, in general?

They lower them and its desperation.

I agree their pr is shit, but all clubs do ticket offers.

Nick

Administrator
I'd love to be like "all clubs"

most play in their own city / town

I'm not supporting the move, but because we are in Northampton does that suddenly mean the club can't do special offers? Surely it should be all the more reason to do them?

ccfcway

I'm not supporting the move, but because we are in Northampton does that suddenly mean the club can't do special offers? Surely it should be all the more reason to do them?

Sorry, I know its arguementative, but anyone who goes to the game support the move in my eyes

Nick

Administrator
Sorry, I know its arguementative, but anyone who goes to the game support the move in my eyes

Same old twist to a thread?.just need the same people to come on and randomly tell us they will be on the hill in about 50 threads.

James Smith

Love it how the immortal words "we have moved on" are quoted as fact - what's your solution then? They hardly seem desperate to me.

Well both Tim and Joy have said it now so there could be something to it, now whilst some people think Tim is merely acting on instructions Joy is supposed to be the one giving them. So unless she is telling porkies we might have actually moved on, or they could be waiting for the outcome of the judicial review application appeal before doing anything else.

ajsccfc

I always take that 'we have moved on' with a similar pinch of salt as when they say 'the club is not for sale'. It seems more that they're not showing their hand but if the circumstances allowed, a deal would be made. The big problem is the circumstances.

Spionkop

Nick, 'same old twist to a thread.' What do you expect exactly. We all have nice chats about formations, the new kit, Franck Moussa's new haircut, 442?
We are very angry, disappointed people. Our club has been taken from us, placed in another town. With no prospect of coming back. It is the lowest point in the club's history bar nothing.
And you nit pick at people constantly. To be honest I think the fans are remarkably restrained, especially in the face of a tiny group of City fans who are a serious part of our problem.
Little wonder that posters talk nothing but Sisu and Sixfields.
Nothing else matters.
We'll keep on hammering away.
Low ticket prices or not, City fans are showing a 90+ % united front and staying away. Long may it continue. Expect more of the same.
You've heard the responses. 'Wouldn't go if they paid me.' Says it all.

Nick

Administrator
Nick, 'same old twist to a thread.' What do you expect exactly. We all have nice chats about formations, the new kit, Franck Moussa's new haircut, 442?
We are very angry, disappointed people. Our club has been taken from us, placed in another town. With no prospect of coming back. It is the lowest point in the club's history bar nothing.
And you nit pick at people constantly. To be honest I think the fans are remarkably restrained, especially in the face of a tiny group of City fans who are a serious part of our problem.
Little wonder that posters talk nothing but Sisu and Sixfields.
Nothing else matters.
We'll keep on hammering away.
Low ticket prices or not, City fans are showing a 90+ % united front and staying away. Long may it continue. Expect more of the same.
You've heard the responses. 'Wouldn't go if they paid me.' Says it all.

Yes, but it doesn't need to be in every thread does it? It gets a bit tedius...

How many times can you post saying "I wont ever go" and "shitsu" in every thread before it pisses people off? Yes, I know people are angry, I know people are upset but is there any need in every single thread?

ccfcway

just seeing where you would draw the line Nick

you dont care if tickets are £1 in NORTHAMPTON as long as we win, but you would draw the line at a name change, that correct ?

Nick, care to answer so I am not adding to "same on twist on a thread" ?

Users who are viewing this thread