Reduced ticket prices next Tuesday (2 Viewers)

NorthernWisdom

Same here, but there is a real possibility that they won't be able to get planning permission. I

2 posts to answer 1 is overkill, but meh.

And in this instance, if the club ended up with a satisfactory site (I know that's open to debate, but somewhere right on the border is hardly a killer is it?) and permission was refused, shouldn't we as fans actually campaign for permission? If the club were serious about a new ground, wouldn't it be self-defeating for us to be against it, and wouldn;t we be moving the club permanently ourselves?

shmmeee

It is, but it's not as easy to solve as it seems, is it?

Even if in our specific instance you back ACL/CCC's stance 100%, to force a club to rent the one ground in existence at whatever cost because it's in the place that bears its name is blocking people into a corner, isn't it?

How can you tell some club's benefactor that OK, the ground owner's charging you £7mil pa rent, but you must stay there at all costs?

But similarly, can you force a council to accept a planning application?

I don't think it seems easy to solve at all. But a start would be clear rules, off the top of my head:

"No club shall leave it's conurbation for more than 5 years, if they do not return within this timeframe they forfeit the Golden Share and start at the bottom of the pyramid"

I don't think that's unreasonable, businesses have all kinds of legal restrictions put on how/where they do business. If the rental deal is really that bad, then liquidation would happen anyway. Yes it would give landlords power to essentially kill clubs, but I'd be amazed at the local council that refuses to either offer reduced rent or allow a new stadium in the long run.

Something needs to be done to put pressure on for a resolution.

The FL can only regulate clubs, though I wouldn't have a problem with Government stepping in when it comes to the planning/rental agreement side to protect community assets.

shmmeee

And in this instance, if the club ended up with a satisfactory site (I know that's open to debate, but somewhere right on the border is hardly a killer is it?) and permission was refused, shouldn't we as fans actually campaign for permission? If the club were serious about a new ground, wouldn't it be self-defeating for us to be against it, and wouldn;t we be moving the club permanently ourselves?

I've already said, should it come to it (and I hope to god it doesn't) I'd campaign for the Council to approve a site in the city centre.

And by campaign, I mean complain on the Internet.

(of course, in this hypothetical situation, the hypothetical club would be the one refusing to work with the hypothetical council and then I'd still have an issue with the club)

shmmeee

They would just lengthen the temporary move, while the club explored every legal avenue, or threaten the club with the withdrawal of the GS. I honestly can't see another MK dons scenario, they certainly couldn't permanent move to Northampton.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse and spelling or grammar errors :)

This is my problem, basically nothing. I'd like a cast iron timeframe for return before the GS is automatically forfeited.

letsallsingtogether

Yes but what is stopping the locals of that area campaigning against the building of a stadium near there houses.
I would have thought the local council would listen to them first as they would be the ones affected.
I am an avid City supporter but wouldn't want the ground outside my house.. TBF

Users who are viewing this thread