Reduced ticket prices next Tuesday (1 Viewer)

SkyBlueHomer

Wouldn't go if they paid me. With the awful gates so far they must really be twitching now looking at those prices.
With the reduction in prices this could now go either way. Either the gates drops to below 1000 or for that price will it encourage Northampton locals to go and watch? Its a league higher than they are and more entertaining football than they have at the minute

DazzleTommyDazzle

Simple really either accept the circumstances and come along to Sixfields and witness and enjoy he best football I've seen for almost 20 years and experience a great atmosphere or 'miss-out'!
At a bargain price to boot, know where I'll be a week tonight. PUSB!

OK, I guess we're all pretty well aware of where you stand, but two things:

For a young side, they're doing really well but are you honestly saying that they're playing better football than "the Entertainers" side of Keane, Hadji, Gary Mac, Chippo etc.

And "great atmosphere"? Lots of us were watching on Sky on Sunday......

C

cw36

If it was free i would go. Not buy a programme or food etc. Then again being there would make it look as though i am supporting the bad. I have to keep pointing out i really, really feel sorry for our players and our great Manager. Get my Club sorted ffs.

davebart

Simple really either accept the circumstances and come along to Sixfields and witness and enjoy he best football I've seen for almost 20 years and experience a great atmosphere or 'miss-out'!

standing on your own?

James Smith

The insistence should be on ACL talking to then. PWKH said the conversation was over on here didn't he?

If my tenants in my flat reach the end of their lease and bugger off - I'm not going to chase them to get them back, I'm going to look for new tenants or a new use for my flat. If they want to come back and rent again then they can always get in touch with the estate agent, but if I've already got someone I'm hardly going to chuck them out to get the old ones back. If they make very public statements saying they're not coming back, then that's hardly going to dissuade me from looking for new tenants or another use for my flat.

sky blue john

Simple really either accept the circumstances and
come along to Sixfields and witness and enjoy he best football I've seen for almost 20 years and experience a great atmosphere or 'miss-out'!

Lol !!!!
There is no atmosphere. I heard that for myself watching on sky Sunday.
Get yourself along to an away match then you will feel the sky blue army !!!

_brian_

If my tenants in my flat reach the end of their lease and bugger off - I'm not going to chase them to get them back, I'm going to look for new tenants or a new use for my flat. If they want to come back and rent again then they can always get in touch with the estate agent, but if I've already got someone I'm hardly going to chuck them out to get the old ones back. If they make very public statements saying they're not coming back, then that's hardly going to dissuade me from looking for new tenants or another use for my flat.

Erm, thanks for the update on your flat, mate! You might want to get on to Rightmove and leave us lot talking about CCFC! LOL!!! Some people!!!

shmmeee

I'd imagine as the first midweek game, they're fearing a VERY low crowd. Sunday we had (according to some reports) about 800 fans, there are no words for how shocking that is. Considering Orient's away following has been as low as 300 and as high as 1000, we could be looking at our lowest gate if nothing is done on our end.

Nick

Administrator
This is where travelling comes into play. On a Sunday more people would have the extra travel time to be able to get to Northampton.

How many people are going to rush home at 5 / 5.30 to get some dinner and then rush over to Northampton? Then it means a later night as the extra half hour / 45 minutes for work the next day.

I can see that putting people off.

shmmeee

TF's statement about moving on came after the 'best and final offer' stuff iirc. Not that I'm really bothered I hold both parties equally accountable.

Why?

Why is it ACL's job to make the best decision for the football club?

It's all a bit chasing after the girl who dumped you isn't it?

SIR ERNIE

This is where travelling comes into play. On a Sunday more people would have the extra travel time to be able to get to Northampton.

How many people are going to rush home at 5 / 5.30 to get some dinner and then rush over to Northampton? Then it means a later night as the extra half hour / 45 minutes for work the next day.

hmmm...for about 10,000 fans it's about more than 'will I have time to eat my bangers n mash before I set off'

thaiskyblue

best football i've ever seen the 77/ 78 season team wallace ferguson hutchison yorath powell etc all out attack missed europe by a point .

Warwickhunt

How low can they go?
Against top of Division Leyton Orient next Tuesday tickets are £11 for adults.

We are a laughing stock.

Not a fan of TF but his head must be very mixed up at present. how on earth can they carry on like this?

The FL should step in and put them out of there misery and insist they talk to ACL.
I bet it would be a different story if they laid on free coaches though

Monners

I may be an issue if logistically impossible. I used to do the trip to the Ricoh and before that Highfield Rd from Northampton to Cov - never really much if a rush. The reduction in price isn't going to change too many peoples way of thinking. I live 3 miles away, and my mate who I used to go with is walking distance to Sixfields, and we haven't been enticed. The 70 mile round trip to Cov can't come soon enough for either us (fingers crossed that it happens), There lieth the issue

Nick

Administrator
I may be an issue if logistically impossible. I used to do the trip to the Ricoh and before that Highfield Rd from Northampton to Cov - never really much if a rush. The reduction in price isn't going to change too many peoples way of thinking. I live 3 miles away, and my mate who I used to go with is walking distance to Sixfields, and we haven't been enticed. The 70 mile round trip to Cov can't come soon enough for either us (fingers crossed that it happens), There lieth the issue

I understand if people don't want to go then they won't, I just meant it is bound to be lower as a few of the low % who do go may be affected by the logistics on a Tuesday which they might not be on a Sunday.

DazzleTommyDazzle

best football i've ever seen the 77/ 78 season team wallace ferguson hutchison yorath powell etc all out attack missed europe by a point .

I agree, but that was outside the 20 year timeframe....

We would have been in Europe that year if Arsenal had beaten Ipswich in the Cup Final.

skybluelee

The 2nd half of the 97/98 is the best football I have ever seen. 2 defeats in the entire second half of the season. Sure it was something like 10 wins, 11 draws, 2 defeats from the win against Man U to the end of the season.

Huckerby and Dublin were the best strikeforce in the COUNTRY, Boateng was like a man possessed in the middle of the park. 6 wins on the bounce including Anfield and Villa Park during Jan and Feb. We were out of this world. Should have got to the Cup final that year too. Its the only season where I stood on the WT and almost expected us to win every time. Bizarre feeling.

skybluejelly

to be fair they reduced them 3 or 4 times a season even at the ricoh ..they may be top of the table but harldy a glamour match by any stretch of the imagination..

bigfatronssba

Great atmosphere!

After Sunday we all know what a lie that is.

I seen a comment on Facebook from someone who goes to Sixfields. "What an atmosphere, on the 30th minute I just heard the Main Stand toilet flush".

Pretty much everyone who's been has said how shocking the atmosphere is.

Ashdown1

How low can they go?
Against top of Division Leyton Orient next Tuesday tickets are £11 for adults.

We are a laughing stock.

Not a fan of TF but his head must be very mixed up at present. how on earth can they carry on like this?

The FL should step in and put them out of there misery and insist they talk to ACL.

It's laughable and desperate. We have a team performing above all expectation, if that wasn't going to attract the stayaways then knocking a few quid off a ticket to travel to Northampton isn't going to work is it !

Nick

Administrator
I don't get why it is desperate or laughable, clubs always do special offers on tickets? Anybody remember £5 JPT tickets at the Ricoh?

James Smith

I think I'll be missing out then....oh and by the way any chance you can answer this?
RFC said:
Sadly this is a distinct possibility! All those experts and people in the know ALL agree that CCFC will not survive in the long term either unless the owners or the club own it's own stadium and have access to all revenue streams FACT!

Since neither the Council or ACL will allow this to happen then the owners had no choice than to move the club (short-term, 3 to 5 years!) away from the Ricoh.

I support NONE of the warring factions just my team & the manager, just back from yet another hugely entertaining 98 minutes with a couple of the new shirts, many congratulations to Steven Pressley & his 'united' squad! Just a great pity that so many supporters can't see the woods from the trees and get behind our very exciting side! PUSB! Leon & Jordan were both great.

Why does the club need to own the stadium? I agree about the revenue streams but still don't see why we have to own the freehold. You said that it is a fact but don't offer any evidence to back it up. Can you explain why an ACL type lease and a low rent say 100k a year isn't preferable to spending tens of millions on the freehold or on a new stadium?

James Smith

I don't get why it is desperate or laughable, clubs always do special offers on tickets? Anybody remember £5 JPT tickets at the Ricoh?

Yeah this is hardly a new feature, and not unsurprising given it's a midweek match.

Ashdown1

You constantly defend them Nick, more and more recently. It is desperate, these prices are a last throw of the dice at holding numbers up. It's Tuesday, it's Orient, It's in Northampton, there is still quite a recession in truth for many people, they know that this could be a 1500 gate and are trying to prevent that. It's all about ego's and brash statements, Fisher stated we'd all follow, we didn't, he's still trying !

letsallsingtogether

They are wrong charging full stop to get into a tin pot ground. If it was free they would still struggle to get a couple of thousand.

Oh but then again in the words of the wise professor

"If we are playing well then the crowds will come flocking back will get gates of 7,000"

That was another lie as the home ends don't even hold that.

What bastards putting the prices down... if they put them up they are wrong and down they are wrong..

italiahorse

The insistence should be on ACL talking to then. PWKH said the conversation was over on here didn't he?

Who knows.

SISU have moved on so ACL say conversations are over...... evidently ?

SISU should make an offer publicly and ACL should respond publicly, or
ACL should publicly name their price and conditions and SSU should publicly respond.

Either way we would then know where it stands.

Come on one of you !!!

Nick

Administrator
You constantly defend them Nick, more and more recently. It is desperate, these prices are a last throw of the dice at holding numbers up. It's Tuesday, it's Orient, It's in Northampton, there is still quite a recession in truth for many people, they know that this could be a 1500 gate and are trying to prevent that. It's all about ego's and brash statements, Fisher stated we'd all follow, we didn't, he's still trying !

I'm not defending them, I am just saying it isn't a new thing doing special offers on tickets for games nobody is fussed about. :) People moan if they reduce tickets and people would say they needed to make money if they put the tickets up.

I don't approve of them moving to Northampton, I haven't been I just think some people would have a go if they put the prices up or put the prices down.

James Smith

I wouldn't call pointing out that there have been reduced ticket prices in the past, supporting SISU. It's more information or a statement of fact than anything else. Yes it is entirely possible that the ticket sales for the game were non existent and in a desperate attempt to attract anyone who might fancy seeing a game they slashed the ticket price. However that's just standard retail practice as the tickets have a use by date that is a bit hard to ignore. ;)

bigfatronssba

I also remember people there.

Users who are viewing this thread