Reduced ticket prices next Tuesday (1 Viewer)

valiant15

I'm not defending them, I am just saying it isn't a new thing doing special offers on tickets for games nobody is fussed about. :) People moan if they reduce tickets and people would say they needed to make money if they put the tickets up.

I don't approve of them moving to Northampton, I haven't been I just think some people would have a go if they put the prices up or put the prices down.

Would it have been £11 at the Ricoh for this game?

Grendel

One season we played Colchester at the Ricoh not long after we opened. It remains one of the biggest crowds there. I wonder why.

skybluejelly

I am pretty sure last season it was £4 off every midweek match at the Ricoh...£18 instead of £22 .. Not much different to what they are doing now £11 instead of £16

Nick

Administrator
I am pretty sure last season it was £4 off every midweek match at the Ricoh...£18 instead of £22 .. Not much different to what they are doing now £11 instead of £16

That is far too much of a simple explanation, I think it is that Joy Seppalla is sat in an office somewhere rocking back and forth with worry so she has phoned up Tim Fisher who is in hiding in a bunker somewhere in Iraq and ordered that something is done. He has spoken to his pals in MI5 who are currently bugging all people from the hill's home, cars and telephones and they suggested the best way to battle NOPM is to knock a couple of quid off a midweek ticket out of desperation.

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
For many people, price is still a key reason for going/not going to watch their club, regardless of opposition. However for probably over 95% of non Sixfields attendees, it's irrelevant. As someone posted, this reduction is aimed at the 1k of fans who have been previously.

Spionkop

This Orient game could be the first sub 1,000 gate.
Again, a chance for the dwindling Sixfielders to have a think about the wider issue here. Put aside your need to watch your club and envisage the future. If you go you are playing your part in prolonging this farce.

will am i

probably makes financial sense to put the price up as the ones still going wlll probably go at almost any price. Either that or have a proper go at enticing a few more and make it £5. Reducing to £11 makes no real difference.

Spionkop

Browbeating? From the bloke who goes into FFFFFFFSSS hyperdrive when anyone disagrees.
You poor sensitive little lamb.

Spionkop

Still going to be a pathetically low gate when the table toppers come to Sixfields. Keep up the boycott you CCFC fans. Drive them into the mire. Those lovely caring Sisu people.
CCFC in Coventry.

SkyBlueSid

I would say it is standard business practice to reduce prices to try and increase sales if you are struggling to attract customers. So I am not surprised that prices are so low, given the fact that only 10% or so of last season's customers are still turning up.

The difference is that this is not a 'standard business'. The vast majority of the missing 90% are not likely to be attracted by the reduced prices, no matter how cheap they are. So in that respect the club are wasting their time in making it £9. Suppose we draw an insignificant non-league team at home in the FA Cup, as we did last season. How low would the prices be set then? Coventry v Heybridge Swifts at Northampton would probably attract under 1000 even if it was all in for a fiver.

Voice_of_Reason

Thought for Tim and Joy -- 3,400 plus are going to Wolves (over 30 miles away) and paying much more that £11 (or even £16). Work it out Tim, I'll lend you my calculator !

torchomatic

I'm with you on the atmosphere. As for the "better football", it's all relative, isn't it? For me, my most enjoyable time to be a City fan wasn't the Cup Run particularly or the late 90s team but the late 70's with Wally, Fergie, Garry Thompson, Danny Thomas, etc. Probably because it's when I started going home and away regularly. Yours may well be the late 90s but for RFC it's now and the current squad I don't think he should be attacked for thinking so.

Personally, after watching on Sunday I realised how much I'm missing watching Coventry City.

OK, I guess we're all pretty well aware of where you stand, but two things:

For a young side, they're doing really well but are you honestly saying that they're playing better football than "the Entertainers" side of Keane, Hadji, Gary Mac, Chippo etc.

And "great atmosphere"? Lots of us were watching on Sky on Sunday......

DazzleTommyDazzle

I'm with you on the atmosphere. As for the "better football", it's all relative, isn't it? For me, my most enjoyable time to be a City fan wasn't the Cup Run particularly or the late 90s team but the late 70's with Wally, Fergie, Garry Thompson, Danny Thomas, etc. Probably because it's when I started going home and away regularly. Yours may well be the late 90s but for RFC it's now and the current squad I don't think he should be attacked for thinking so.

Personally, after watching on Sunday I realised how much I'm missing watching Coventry City.

No I'm with you - except that you didn't mention Tommy Hutch in the late 70's side!!

I only went for Keano etc because RFC quoted "the last 20 years" and sadly that excludes the 70's.

He can choose whichever team he likes - but the fact he said the last 20 years suggested that he'd been watching for at least that long - and within that period I was surprised that anyone would put today's team ahead of the late 90's team.

skybluefred

The insistence should be on ACL talking to then. PWKH said the conversation was over on here didn't he?

Why on earth do people come out with such ludicrous statements. Sisu DID NOT get kicked out of the Ricoh,They chose
(with the quote) we have moved on to leave.Now they are in desperate for a stadium to play in instead of a cow shed in Northampton they must beg ACL to allow them to return.And I would expect the reply to be WE HAVE MOVED ON.
Although I would hope some agreement could be reached.

Grendel

Why on earth do people come out with such ludicrous statements. Sisu DID NOT get kicked out of the Ricoh,They chose
(with the quote) we have moved on to leave.Now they are in desperate for a stadium to play in instead of a cow shed in Northampton they must beg ACL to allow them to return.And I would expect the reply to be WE HAVE MOVED ON.
Although I would hope some agreement could be reached.

Love it how the immortal words "we have moved on" are quoted as fact - what's your solution then? They hardly seem desperate to me.

shmmeee

I'm not defending them, I am just saying it isn't a new thing doing special offers on tickets for games nobody is fussed about. :) People moan if they reduce tickets and people would say they needed to make money if they put the tickets up.

I don't approve of them moving to Northampton, I haven't been I just think some people would have a go if they put the prices up or put the prices down.

It's about context Nick. A couple of offers now and again to entice new fans is good business. Slashing the price of your product because no one wants it is desperation.

In tech terms, it's the difference between a temporary sale on iPads and the HP Slate being discounted to £99. No one was claiming desperation in Apples part because the product is successful, however everyone knew HP were fucked and trying to get as much cash as possible out of a bad product before it went under.

Nick

Administrator
It's about context Nick. A couple of offers now and again to entice new fans is good business. Slashing the price of your product because no one wants it is desperation.

In tech terms, it's the difference between a temporary sale on iPads and the HP Slate being discounted to £99. No one was claiming desperation in Apples part because the product is successful, however everyone knew HP were fucked and trying to get as much cash as possible out of a bad product before it went under.

We have always had deals for mid week games and so do other clubs? If it was the ricoh it would be great but its now desperation.
In the jpt when it was a fiver was it desperation then?

ajsccfc

You've raised the tech stakes too high for me there, although why them and Vauxhall would name something Adam is bizarre.

shmmeee

We have always had deals for mid week games and so do other clubs? If it was the ricoh it would be great but its now desperation.
In the jpt when it was a fiver was it desperation then?

Again. Context.

We weren't struggling to attract 1k fans to home league games last season. What we did then is kind of irrelevant.

This is not a normal business scenario, unfortunately everything must be looked at through the lens of the ongoing stadium row. It's why freebies matter now and not last season. The attendance is a very important figure politically this season and so people will want to be aware of all factors effecting it.

Users who are viewing this thread