Realistic signings (1 Viewer)

Liquid Gold

Clubs rarely loan to the same division unless it’s to get a player off their books so it’s a no goer really
Apparently they were prepared to sell him to us last year but he opted for Lincoln as he wanted to prove himself and get in to the Forest team. I don't think he had much of an impact after returning in Jan so they could be prepared to offload him and he may be more willing for a perm deal at a Champ club.

superskyblue

Apparently they were prepared to sell him to us last year but he opted for Lincoln as he wanted to prove himself and get in to the Forest team. I don't think he had much of an impact after returning in Jan so they could be prepared to offload him and he may be more willing for a perm deal at a Champ club.
I say this with absolutely no evidence to back it up. But I suspect Robins wouldn't go for him now. Once bitten, twice shy and all that.

Magwitch

Friend who’s a Forest season ticket holder doesn’t think he’s good enough to get in their team. Suppose it depends if we see ourselves competing with the likes of Forest.
Well if he’s not good enough to get in Forests team he definitely won’t be good enough for ours.

SBAndy

Friend who’s a Forest season ticket holder doesn’t think he’s good enough to get in their team. Suppose it depends if we see ourselves competing with the likes of Forest.

I wouldn’t be considering that we’d compete with them in our first season back, no. That said, he’s the right profile of player to develop for a couple more seasons in the hope of challenging up the right end in seasons to come. The kid is clearly a goal scorer.

Liquid Gold

Was it Forest where they released a run down of their players wages and the 20th highest paid player was on 20k?

BornSlippySkyBlue

I wouldn’t be considering that we’d compete with them in our first season back, no. That said, he’s the right profile of player to develop for a couple more seasons in the hope of challenging up the right end in seasons to come. The kid is clearly a goal scorer.
I must confess to not having seen much of him playing, and accept that Forest will have different ambitions to ourselves. However, they’ve had plenty of time to watch him and the fact they’ve decided he’s not good enough for them in the champ makes me feel we should be cautious.

That’s not to say he definitely won’t make it at that level (and in Robins we trust) but there seems to be a belief developing that now we are in the championship we just need to buy some young kids, play them a bit and sell them for megabucks. The only person I know who has watched him play much, thinks he won’t make that level.

So I’m firmly on the fence over this one! Besides, he turned us down once so he can get fucked. ;)

Magwitch

Why this love in on Nottingham Forest good teams don’t squander matches and play off spot as they did. I watched them a few times on tv in they are seventh best in the championship bring them on.

higgs

Tyler Walker seems to know where the back of the net is if we could get him at a reasonable price we sell at a profit if he turns out to be the next Callum Wilson

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

SBAndy

I must confess to not having seen much of him playing, and accept that Forest will have different ambitions to ourselves. However, they’ve had plenty of time to watch him and the fact they’ve decided he’s not good enough for them in the champ makes me feel we should be cautious.

That’s not to say he definitely won’t make it at that level (and in Robins we trust) but there seems to be a belief developing that now we are in the championship we just need to buy some young kids, play them a bit and sell them for megabucks. The only person I know who has watched him play much, thinks he won’t make that level.

So I’m firmly on the fence over this one! Besides, he turned us down once so he can get fucked. ;)

Have they necessarily decided he’s not good enough? Haven’t seen much talk about him leaving them (aside from this, of course). Merely suggesting that he’s a good age, seems to have got good numbers when he has been given a chance and there’s only one year remaining on his contract. Ticks a lot of boxes for the type of player we’re looking for - let’s be honest, if he were to get 10-12 goals in his first season that’d be a reasonable success.

BornSlippySkyBlue

Have they necessarily decided he’s not good enough? Haven’t seen much talk about him leaving them (aside from this, of course). Merely suggesting that he’s a good age, seems to have got good numbers when he has been given a chance and there’s only one year remaining on his contract. Ticks a lot of boxes for the type of player we’re looking for - let’s be honest, if he were to get 10-12 goals in his first season that’d be a reasonable success.
Not sure Forest themselves have decided he’s surplus, but my mate has and he knows more than their entire coaching staff, in the same way that we all know more than Robins ;)

You’re right though, on paper he ticks a few boxes. I guess what they do about the one remaining year on his contract will indicate what their intentions are.

junglej13

Notts Forest fans decided David McGoldrick wasnt good enough foe them a few years back at Championship level so wouldnt trust their judgement too much. Wouldn't mind Walker personally.

lordy_87

Walker would be a fantastic signing and is a good suggestion. Those disagreeing clearly don't understand the budget we have to work to. Only 3 players scored 20+ goals in the championship last season, we can't compete with teams like Forest and Brentford when it comes to signing proven championship goal scorers so we're going to have to take gambles on younger lads who may or may not hit 10+ goals next year.

capel & collindridge

Walker would be a fantastic signing and is a good suggestion. Those disagreeing clearly don't understand the budget we have to work to. Only 3 players scored 20+ goals in the championship last season, we can't compete with teams like Forest and Brentford when it comes to signing proven championship goal scorers so we're going to have to take gambles on younger lads who may or may not hit 10+ goals next year.
Well that's the next headline in the CT sorted.

SBAndy

I notice Scott Fraser (formerly of Burton) is still without a club. Would anyone take him? Is he a significant enough upgrade on what we have?

Nonleagueherewecome

Not a bad suggestion actually. One year remaining on his contract and performed in L2 and L1 in the last two seasons, didn’t really get an opportunity back at Forest last season. If he could be picked up for a reasonable fee I think it’d be a good move.

This is oft quoted, but tbf McGoldrick had cost them a million quid and couldn't get in the team! Bit of a McKenzie/Eastwood situation...

BornSlippySkyBlue

This is what a forest STH thinks of Walker:

“Tyler's a strange one. Obviously has some talent, but really needs to bulk out a bit to make the most of it. Not sure if he's a Championship level striker, but might just be that we've often played him on his on, and that's totally not his kind of thing”.

Sounds like what the Pompey fans said about Chaplin (who I thought was a good player tbf). Also is a fans view and as we all know fans can sometimes talk out of their holes / not know what the manager wants players to do etc. Good record at Lincoln last season, anyone know what system they play? Did he have a partner up top, or lone striker?

TomRad85

I notice Scott Fraser (formerly of Burton) is still without a club. Would anyone take him? Is he a significant enough upgrade on what we have?
Yep would 100% take him on a free. No brainer.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

NorthernWisdom

There's only one Northern Wisdom! Never to be confused with other posters... and definitely not the one that was mentioned :LOL:
I would suggest that the lack of awareness others can share a (not exactly minority) view, and that I am perfectly capable of making my own argument without assistance from, well... myself, lends creedance to the thought that my earlier statement was not an insult, more an observation ;)

Magwitch

Third hand info. Walker, Sheaf in, and one other I’m not naming who I heard it was seeing is believing as they say. As I said just repeating third hand info

Users who are viewing this thread