Realistic signings (3 Viewers)

SeaSeeEffCee

I reckon the one area of the squad we should be putting the absolute least focus onto when it comes to recruitment is back-up keeper.

Skybluedownunder

And a goalie that left fareham for the mighty arlesford town is good enough to be a pro?

Sam McCallum, Jamie Vardy, even Biamou if you wanna chuck him in... all non league, so you are saying they weren’t good enough? Some people get opportunities, some don’t, some people try and make their own opportunities like this lad appears to be trying to, can’t knock him and seems to have good reflexes, just said he looked handy. Didn’t once say ‘we should sign him’ just said he looks good and personally i don’t rate Wilson as a back up keeper, if Marosi got injured I’d be very worried and wouldn’t feel confident with him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

David O'Day

Sam McCallum, Jamie Vardy, even Biamou if you wanna chuck him in... all non league, so you are saying they weren’t good enough? Some people get opportunities, some don’t, some people try and make their own opportunities like this lad appears to be trying to, can’t knock him and seems to have good reflexes, just said he looked handy. Didn’t once say ‘we should sign him’ just said he looks good and personally i don’t rate Wilson as a back up keeper, if Marosi got injured I’d be very worried and wouldn’t feel confident with him

But they played at a higher and moved to bigger non league cllubs

You don't half talk some fucking shite

Magwitch

Get lucky and sign the right striker whether he’s a lower league lucky bargain or a loanee from the prem can be the difference between an also ran or a challenger look what Leicester have achieved with Jamie Vardy’s goal, signed from at the time non league Fleetwood or Villa, Who i would say at the time not the best championship team getting promotion to the Premiership largely on the back of loanee Tammy Abraham’s goals.

shmmeee

Do we reckon we’ll hit the loan market much? Robins never seems too keen unless there’s a chance to buy at the end of it or it’s a short term cover.

Magwitch

I think if he does it will be at the end of the window, October 5th I think it is. It will give him 3/4 games to see his squad in action and if there’s issues with it.

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Biamou could be our Vardy you know 😂

Skybluedownunder

But they played at a higher and moved to bigger non league cllubs

You don't half talk some fucking shite

everyone is entitled to an opinion but everything you type you put people down or just be absolutely rude as fuck, seriously dude, stop being such a keyboard warrior, it’s okay to not agree with peoples opinions, it’s a fucking forum for Christ’s sake... a place of opinions, stop thinking you are so entitled and right... you aren’t... and you’re a c**t.

Good to see you’ve come out hibernation though from previously looking like a c**t where you called someone out for having ‘incorrect rumours and they were full of shit’ to then a day later everything they said happened and you looked like a c**t, didn’t want to say sorry so stopped posting for a little while and went quiet cause you looked silly.

Last edited:

SlowerThanPlatt

The guy has 265,000 followers he’s not some unknown quantity. You would think if he was decent he would be at a better club by now

SlowerThanPlatt

everyone is entitled to an opinion but everything you type you put people down or just be absolutely rude as fuck, seriously dude, stop being such a keyboard warrior, it’s okay to not agree with peoples opinions, it’s a fucking forum for Christ’s sake... a place of opinions, stop thinking you are so entitled and right... you aren’t... and you’re a c**t.

There’s having an opinion and then there’s suggesting we should sign a goalkeeper from an Instagram post. Any semi pro goalkeeper would look class in them videos too

Skybluedownunder

There’s having an opinion and then there’s suggesting we should sign a goalkeeper from an Instagram post. Any semi pro goalkeeper would look class in them videos too

Words were ‘not saying he is someone we should sign, but he looks pretty good’

Mucca Mad Boys

Do we reckon we’ll hit the loan market much? Robins never seems too keen unless there’s a chance to buy at the end of it or it’s a short term cover.

Signed O’Hare and Walsh as loanees last season. Pretty big signings.

I like that we don’t rely on the loan market as much as we did in the past. The loan market should be used to supplement what you have as opposed to plugging a positional need for one year.

Loanees will be some of the last signings we make.

shmmeee

Signed O’Hare and Walsh as loanees last season. Pretty big signings.

I like that we don’t rely on the loan market as much as we did in the past. The loan market should be used to supplement what you have as opposed to plugging a positional need for one year.

Loanees will be some of the last signings we make.

We also bought O’Hare and tried to buy Walsh. At this level I’d imagine that’s a bit harder with the Tammy Abraham’s type player.

Mucca Mad Boys

We also bought O’Hare and tried to buy Walsh. At this level I’d imagine that’s a bit harder with the Tammy Abraham’s type player.

It wasn’t obvious at the time they’d become available.

We’ve tried to permanently sign pretty much any decent loanee we’ve had in recent years. Bright, McGoldrick, O’Hare, Walsh, Giles (well, re-signed on loan). You get the jist.

Had we not got promoted, we wouldn’t even be in with a shout of signing either of O’Hare or Walsh.

David O'Day

Good to see you’ve come out hibernation though from previously looking like a c**t where you called someone out for having ‘incorrect rumours and they were full of shit’ to then a day later everything they said happened and you looked like a c**t, didn’t want to say sorry so stopped posting for a little while and went quiet cause you looked silly.

Mate you were talking shite and got called on it.

You sent me this as a pm as well.

Frostie

Didn’t once say ‘we should sign him’ just said he looks good and personally i don’t rate Wilson as a back up keeper, if Marosi got injured I’d be very worried and wouldn’t feel confident with him

I'm 100% certain that if Marosi got an injury that would keep him out for more than 1 or 2 games we'd look to get a loanee in (transfer windows/emergency loan criteria dependent of course).

David O'Day

I'm 100% certain that if Marosi got an injury that would keep him out for more than 1 or 2 games we'd look to get a loanee in (transfer windows/emergency loan criteria dependent of course).

Watch out down under will start sending you PMs if you don't agree with him

hamil99

Facebook User

The club seem very happy with how Bilson and Taylor are doing, maybe one of them could step up.

Skybluedownunder

Is Cian Tyler too old for the U18’s now? If so it must be tough for him and Tom Billson because then that’s 3 keepers including Ben Wilson trying to get games in the U23s/Reserves. I think the rule is you can have over 3 players playing in the U23’s is that correct?

Hopefully one if not both of the two younger lads get some time out on loan over the course of this season for some valuable experience

SlowerThanPlatt

Is Cian Tyler too old for the U18’s now? If so it must be tough for him and Tom Billson because then that’s 3 keepers including Ben Wilson trying to get games in the U23s/Reserves. I think the rule is you can have over 3 players playing in the U23’s is that correct?

Hopefully one if not both of the two younger lads get some time out on loan over the course of this season for some valuable experience

Wilson rarely played for the 23s last season so there’s no reason he should this season

Frostie

Tyler is 18 so I'm sure he'd still be eligible for the U18s but I can see him going out on loan.
Tisdale stated before that they'll be keeping Billson in the U23s as they want to get him used to playing our style, short out the back etc.

Gibbo

You need at least two loans - they provide skills that are not readily available at a price we can afford. No @Hare & Walsh = no promotion. But conversely players of their ability are ten a penny to the Premiership clubs. Supply and demand.

Only Dabo could compete with our two loans for speed of thought and execution. Just don't be too reliant. Two is fine, a third in january if there is a clear need.

Irish Sky Blue

You need at least two loans - they provide skills that are not readily available at a price we can afford. No @Hare & Walsh = no promotion. But conversely players of their ability are ten a penny to the Premiership clubs. Supply and demand.

Only Dabo could compete with our two loans for speed of thought and execution. Just don't be too reliant. Two is fine, a third in january if there is a clear need.
I think the 'speed of thought assessment' is harsh on last year's team.
I agree Walsh was outstanding but to achieve what we did, all of the players needed to be on the same wavelength. Look at Godden's hat trick goal at Wycombe or the suberb team goals at Bristol Rovers in the 2-1 win. Every player from 1-11 bought into that system and showed their ball playing ability including the goalkeeper.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Efl linked us with that Hoffman striker. Few mention him here months ago

He doesn't look like he's ever really settled anywhere and his scoring record is alright but nothing great. Didn't pull up any trees at Brentford. Big lad, but so is Baka. Not exactly one we'd be bringing in to develop for a fee given his age either.

Would I be playing him up top instead of Godden? I don't think so and as Baka is staying and looked up for it against Rangers I'd rather stick with the known quantity.

PUSB-We_are_going_up

I have just seen on sky sports tgat Daniel Sturridge wants a Prem return but if no Prem teams go for him maybe we could get him and he could use us as a stepping stone and tear up the Champo

procdoc

I have just seen on sky sports tgat Daniel Sturridge wants a Prem return but if no Prem teams go for him maybe we could get him and he could use us as a stepping stone and tear up the Champo
We wouldn’t be able to afford the wage he’d likely want. We need some perspective here, we won’t sign any ‘big names’ because we cannot afford to

RingoCCFC

I did think of him a few weeks back, didn’t realise he was in turkey at the time. Wages surely would be too high though

Yeah no chance of paying his wages he’s being paid way above our pay scale there currently.

This guys a more realistic signing than him at the minute, might be just as good as him! 😂

D85B7C46-34DE-4122-90EB-6741F5350E42.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread