Realistic signings (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Harry H

If Fleetwood don't go up, (on loan from Stoke?) that Souttar at the back is massive and a real threat from set pieces.

Frostie

If Fleetwood don't go up, (on loan from Stoke?) that Souttar at the back is massive and a real threat from set pieces.

Fantastic defender, wonder if he'll get a look in at Stoke though.

Outside of our 3 centre backs, Souttar, Ihiekwe (Rotherham) & Dickie (Oxford) were best of the rest.

I'd take Dickie if Oxford don't go up - fits the bill, young, good on the ball etc. but think he might be expensive & have more attractive suitors as was linked with Leeds & Derby previously.

AFCCOVENTRY

We’ve been good at getting top loan players in. Walsh and O’Hare for starters this year.
We will be able to access the best young talent from the Premiership this year.

Frostie

I think we were linked around Christmas time probably just paper talk, can’t think of his name, I think he’s from Grenada ,

Aaron Pierre.
Decent & real physical presence but not for us I don't think, 27 & not as comfortable on the ball as our current crop.

jto123

We’ve been good at getting top loan players in. Walsh and O’Hare for starters this year.
We will be able to access the best young talent from the Premiership this year.

I accept that with our limited budget loans are going to have to happen, but I do worry about having a team full of them. There's always going to be less commitment to the cause (although admittedly Walsh and O'Hare have been outstanding this season).

SBAndy

I'd take Dickie if Oxford don't go up - fits the bill, young, good on the ball etc. but think he might be expensive & have more attractive suitors as was linked with Leeds & Derby previously.

Can’t say I’ve ever noticed or heard of him, but a quick YouTube compilation suggests to me that he would fit in quite well as a Fadz replacement. As you say though, imagine he’d be fairly expensive.

shmmeee

Can’t say I’ve ever noticed or heard of him, but a quick YouTube compilation suggests to me that he would fit in quite well as a Fadz replacement. As you say though, imagine he’d be fairly expensive.

Year left on his contract. Might push the price down a bit.

jto123

I'm right in thinking the released list will be announced tomorrow? Will give us a much clearer idea of our recruitment strategy.

Yorkshire SB

Be surprised if we got Dickie, loads will be after him if Oxford don’t go up.

imagine we’ll be looking abroad a lot. Lowest budget, we have to find other ways of levelling the playing field, signing British players isn’t that.

AFCCOVENTRY

Reality is British players cost a lot more. Inflated prices. So the foreign market is always better value but with an element of risk as they are unknown in the English leagues.

Look at Leicester in the Championship when they picked up Mahrez for some silly price from Le Havre for £400k.

Winny the Bish

If we are after young players to sell on for millions, Kwame Poku of Colchester should be top of the list. 5 goals, 4 assists this season and he's only 18.

Skyblueweeman

I know theres some on here who hate the saying 'itll be like a new signing when he comes back'.

Anyway, cant wait to see Jodi Jones again and how he does when fully fit. This whole episode of the last few months has probably been beneficial for him.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Reactions: vow

Users who are viewing this thread