Realistic signings (1 Viewer)

Maverick

Ivan Toney ST
Tino kadewere ST
Ibrahima Sissoko M
Callum O’Hare M
LWB ??

TomRad85

Armand Gnanduillet. Out of contract at Blackpool, plenty of goals for them this season and he was brilliant against us a couple of seasons ago at the ricoh. Be fucking hilarious hearing Dave Bennett pronounce his name too.
Also a good shout.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

vow

Armand Gnanduillet 6 foot 4 Striker, handy on the deck too.

Blackpool contract is up and only 28, worth a punt?

vow

Armand Gnanduillet. Out of contract at Blackpool, plenty of goals for them this season and he was brilliant against us a couple of seasons ago at the ricoh. Be fucking hilarious hearing Dave Bennett pronounce his name too.
Beat me to it, great minds an' all that!

shmmeee

CB: If they don’t go up, Robert Dickie at Oxford is in his last year of his contract. Only 24.

Razzle Dazzle Dean Gordon

Andre Dozzell at Pisswich might fit the bill too (skillful, young) although i think he may be a bit pricey for us. I didn't see the Bolton game but Politic does seem to be rated and could be a good shout.

rob9872

Julian Gray could do a job at Championship level

Skybluefaz

Burnley claim they were quoted £13m apparently!
He's apparently in the last year of his contract, if they are asking that he won't get sold then he will walk for free into a really good contract the following season. I remember Fry slapping (you have to slap) a 7m price tag on a player in the first division for blues called Jonathan Hunt back in the day after he had a half decent season. This would be back in the mid 90s. It's how bazza works.

SeaSeeEffCee

Pretty much half the Championship will be after Toney, he's a non-starter.

I trust the club's recruitment staff to already have a few players lined up, they've proven their worth countless times in recent seasons. The supposed move for Hamer is an interesting look into the kind of business we may do.

mrtrench

We won't sign Toney:

1. No way we're spunking our entire budget on one player - and even at a discount it would be most of our budget.
2. He doesn't fit the profile of the players we acquire. I was surprised we signed Godden.
3. Peterborough will see him as their ticket out of league 1 next year - he's only leaving for silly money that means they can spend money like water.

Alkhen

I'm all out of whack. How long will the closed season be, Is the plan still for an early August start?

Dickie

Is Toney a serious suggestion? He’s going to for a cheaper fee but I doubt we would even get near that

Posh wanted £12m for him in Jan. I know he’ll be cheaper and the markets taken a hit recently, but think he’ll be out of our price range.

mrtrench

Did he really Trench? Any footage?

The refusal to sign is all over the internet. Here's the tweet, or at least a copy. I think he's been getting stick from Villa fans and must have taken it down.

Attachments

• upload_2020-6-10_20-16-9.png
    upload_2020-6-10_20-16-9.png
    39.8 KB · Views: 44

SAJ

Happy with Marosi tbf, the rest would be great though!

I'm worried about our financial position. We are going to have income of 6million. This year everyone floating around the relegation zone is way way way above that.
Don’t think we had the biggest budget this season either. The thing I’ve learnt in the very recent past is just coz someone is expensive doesn’t mean their any good.
I’ve got faith in the recruitment team that they have had their eyes on players now for 3 months, we only have to look at recent recruitment to see they can identify decent players without spending a fortune.

shmmeee

Would it be mental to suggest McCallum for another year? Do we reckon Norwich want him in the side straight away or will the do another Maddison and send him out on loan?

Skyblueweeman

As for the Pompey players...wouldn't touch Burgess...seen him a few times and not looked great. Curtis would be a definite good addition, same for Harness. Both really good attacking players.

jto123

Interesting looking at the Villa forum that the fans don't seem that keen on keeping O'Hare. Suits me, but I think they will regret it. Particularly if they go down.

Callum O'Hare

Users who are viewing this thread