Realistic signings (2 Viewers)

SeaSeeEffCee

Would it be mental to suggest McCallum for another year? Do we reckon Norwich want him in the side straight away or will the do another Maddison and send him out on loan?
I imagine they'll cash in on Lewis and McCallum will be the replacement.

SlowerThanPlatt

Interesting looking at the Villa forum that the fans don't seem that keen on keeping O'Hare. Suits me, but I think they will regret it. Particularly if they go down.

Callum O'Hare
It’s not that surprising really. He’s 22 and playing in League 1 admittedly the top team but it’s miles away from the Premier League and top 2 of the Championship where if they come down will be aiming for. Allassani is our equivalent of O’Hare

junglej13

Armand Gnanduillet. Out of contract at Blackpool, plenty of goals for them this season and he was brilliant against us a couple of seasons ago at the ricoh. Be fucking hilarious hearing Dave Bennett pronounce his name too.
Thought the same. Been impressed with him every time we've played Blackpool.

jto123

It’s not that surprising really. He’s 22 and playing in League 1 admittedly the top team but it’s miles away from the Premier League and top 2 of the Championship where if they come down will be aiming for. Allassani is our equivalent of O’Hare

Fair enough, but they could be going down which means losing Grealish. O'Hare perfectly decent player for the championship.

Malaka

Don’t think we had the biggest budget this season either. The thing I’ve learnt in the very recent past is just coz someone is expensive doesn’t mean their any good.
I’ve got faith in the recruitment team that they have had their eyes on players now for 3 months, we only have to look at recent recruitment to see they can identify decent players without spending a fortune.
Totally right, the scouts would be out looking at players for the Championship and League one budgets. MR will already know exactly who he wants at they and what they will cost.

SkyBlueDom26

Armand Gnanduillet 6 foot 4 Striker, handy on the deck too.

Blackpool contract is up and only 28, worth a punt?
Rather get Collins over him, proven in the champ why would we sign a striker from league one who scored less then godden....makes no sense

Samo

The refusal to sign is all over the internet. Here's the tweet, or at least a copy. I think he's been getting stick from Villa fans and must have taken it down.

Fantastic. I knew about the refusal to sign but the video had somehow passed me by! Cheers

Walsgrave

As for the Pompey players...wouldn't touch Burgess...seen him a few times and not looked great. Curtis would be a definite good addition, same for Harness. Both really good attacking players.
Agree with you on Harness but remember, you're not allowed to say an ex Ernesford lad, otherwise Mr Badlan will be out to get you.

Walsgrave

Hahahaha you aren’t being serious are you? He’s worse than all 3 of our current CB’s
I don't think he could start and in fact I would agree (McFadzean is just ahead in my opinion but age may play a factor next season). I do suggest he could be a good squad player. I'm not sure we'll have 3 at the back in the Championship but we'll need to adapt, and currently with our squad our only backups at centre back are Pask, Drysdale and Thompson.
Edit: Williams as well. All have experience of men's football but the step up to the Championship is huge.

ccfcway

Curtis from Portsmouth
Eisa from Peterborough
Politic from Bolton
Turnbull from Motherwell
Ferguson from Aberdeen
Bedeau from Scunthorpe

Hobo

The starting point is who is out of contract and not required. Then look around those positions. Numbers maybe reduced to compensate higher wages.

I can see loans utilised with academy players on the bench.

SeaSeeEffCee

Fishing for likes are we?

He’d be a good player to sign and improve the team, weird for you to suggest otherwise
If he wasn't from Cov no-one would look twice at him. He's 29, if we were looking for someone in that age range you'd hope for someone with more than one average Championship season under their belt. Would be surprised if any other Championship club were interested bar Rotherham should Luton go down.

Marty

I liked the looked of Jorge Grant when he played for Notts County and thought he'd do well in League One, Does anybody know how he got on at Lincoln this year?

Users who are viewing this thread