Realistic signings (2 Viewers)

Alkhen

Anyone thought about Richard Keogh? Got released after that incident at Derby but has been a captain in a team consistently challenging for play offs and still has a couple of good years left you would think

weren't both of his knees mangled

EAst ender

Have you heard anything about Hewlett? Heard he’s got a reputation around Bristol as a bit of party boy who likes the Charlie? Any ideas?
The only Hewlett I know of at our place was Matt Hewlett and that was ages ago. We haven't got one in our current first team / reserve / U 23 / U 18 / academy squads as far as I know.

SBAndy

I suggested Shankland from Dundee a while back , 24 goals in 26 admittedly it’s a massive step up from but I think he would be a fantastic addition

Saw he commented on one of Michael Rose’s tweets the other day. Probably means nothing but hey.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

I don’t get the clamour for a centre back. McFadzean flourished in a 3 man defence, and will be fine in the championship if he’s covered by Hyam and Rose.

Ccfcisparks

If I was pressed to pick 3 positions in the starting XI I feel we would need to replace it would be Lwb, CM and CAM. If we adequately filled those positions, I feel the rest of the first team from this season would be fine

TomRad85

If we stick with the current formation we will need a cb, lwb, 2 x cm, cam and a striker just for the first 11.
When you consider we've just lost McCallum, O'Hare and Walsh so are currently considerably weaker than we were a few weeks back, I completely agree. I'm hoping 2 of those 3 come back but I won't get my hopes up.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Sbarcher

Have we heard when the window will open with this season extended?

Magwitch

You highlight we need six players just for a start, out of the team that won the last game at Ipswich who do say needs replacing, I’ll give you the loanees so who are the other three ?Ill grant you managers should always be on the look out for better players even Liverpool are doing that but your comment eludes to atleast three not good enough to even start, despite losing only three games all season, one of those Tranmere being a freak.

ccfchoi87

You highlight we need six players just for a start, out of the team that won the last game at Ipswich who do say needs replacing, I’ll give you the loanees so who are the other three ?Ill grant you managers should always be on the look out for better players even Liverpool are doing that but your comment eludes to atleast three not good enough to even start, despite losing only three games all season, one of those Tranmere being a freak.

Mcfadzean, Kelly and Godden are the other three which could have been deduced from the positions I listed. Yeah they were excellent in league one no doubt. It’s a big big step up as we all know and fans of other teams keep telling us. Nothing against those three players and they will get game time next year (unless money is offered from league one for Godden).

fernandopartridge

Mcfadzean, Kelly and Godden are the other three which could have been deduced from the positions I listed. Yeah they were excellent in league one no doubt. It’s a big big step up as we all know and fans of other teams keep telling us. Nothing against those three players and they will get game time next year (unless money is offered from league one for Godden).

McFadzean of course being one of the only players in the side with experience at that level, and experience of staying up with Burton.

lordy_87

I suggested Shankland from Dundee a while back , 24 goals in 26 admittedly it’s a massive step up from but I think he would be a fantastic addition
Would be a top signing, reckon a few to many clubs will be after him though who can offer bigger wages.

Magwitch

Godden is scoring goals and fits the system, MacFadzean the fan favourite for being not good enough, had a shocker at Rotherham but imo has been our best defender since the New Year and as for Liam Kelly again imo mr consistent, quietly does his job, tends to play every minute too, I suggest he’s first name on the team sheet. Of course if there are better players to be had if we can we should try and get them but to suggest they need to be jettisoned immediate is rubbish in my opinion.

ccfchoi87

McFadzean of course being one of the only players in the side with experience at that level, and experience of staying up with Burton.

Of course. I think Robins will bring in another centre half but give Fadz the starting berth to begin with. If he proves he can still do it at that level then great and I wouldn’t put it past him.

ccfchoi87

Godden is scoring goals and fits the system, MacFadzean the fan favourite for being not good enough, had a shocker at Rotherham but imo has been our best defender since the New Year and as for Liam Kelly again imo mr consistent, quietly does his job, tends to play every minute too, I suggest he’s first name on the team sheet. Of course if there are better players to be had if we can we should try and get them but to suggest they need to be jettisoned immediate is rubbish in my opinion.

Let’s wait and see what Robins thinks then hey. I would love this team to stay together and keep us up but I just don’t see it.

Users who are viewing this thread