Realistic good signings. (3 Viewers)

kg82

inside info is that we might be having a chap from Middlesbrough,just look at their website and find someone related to a 1987 cup hero shhhh.:whistle:

So, Andre Bennett is the only one I can find with a corresponding name! I'm guessing Dave's son, or nephew? Don't know anything about him?

Terry Gibson's perm

Can't see much benefit in signing a 17 year old full back we have our own full backs with more experience and just signed the Kelly's-Evans boys as well we have plenty of full backs

SlowerThanPlatt

Can't see much benefit in signing a 17 year old full back we have our own full backs with more experience and just signed the Kelly's-Evans boys as well we have plenty of full backs

I believe he's 20 now and never played for Middlesbrough? Either he's not very good or he hasn't been given a chance.

Terry Gibson's perm

The article is 3 years old, he's 20 now. I just posted it as a source to his relation to Dave.
Thanks it was worse than I thought then a 20 year old with no experience. I think I would rather have Stokes :eek:

Chipfat

I have heard a few good things about him, attacking fullback who is out of contract in the summer, could be worth bringing in to have a look at during pre season.. If he is more advanced than Haynes, Phillips, Kelly-Evans Twins or Stokes then worth a punt for a year...

SlowerThanPlatt

Sam Ricketts will be our first signing my Wolves mate said. Experienced centre half and right back who Mowbray wanted for the relegation run in on loan but chose Swindon because it was closer to home.

Skyblueweeman

Sam Ricketts will be our first signing my Wolves mate said. Experienced centre half and right back who Mowbray wanted for the relegation run in on loan but chose Swindon because it was closer to home.

What? I'm confused...he plays for Wolves but chose Swindon over Coventry as it was closer to home? Does he live in Cardiff or something?

Chipfat

He has already said he would go back to Swindon if they wanted him next season,, that with him already picking them over us makes me think it will not happen...

stupot07

Wouldn't mind Andy Williams, his contract runs out in the summer, and proven goal scorer in this league.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

SkyBlue_Bear83

Wouldn't mind Andy Williams, his contract runs out in the summer, and proven goal scorer in this league.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)
Mentioned him before, won't come cheap. Wes Foderingham is also out of contract at Swindon, one of, if not the top keeper in the division.

Chipfat

I think TM said he had good connection with Everton maybe Joe Royal,, but they have 2 players up there that could do a job..Firsty John Lundstram,been out on loan to few championship and L1 clubs, but 21 and could looking for regular football to establish himself.. And very doudtful but a kid called George Green was at Tranmere last year,, one of the best kids in the country for his age,, needs to play first team football..

Other than that some names i like not that it will happen mind, just joining in the fun...
Olly Lee(Brum) CM,
Aidan White(Leeds) LM or LB-injury problems in past but still only 23.
Joe Edwards(Yeovil) MF
Theo Robinson FW
David Mooney FW

if money allowed and players wanted to drop a level
Leon Clarke, Richard Chaplow, Jamie Ward, Paul Anderson, Anthony Gerrard, Nicky Maynard or Danny Guthrie...

Speedies_Chips

Can't help but be impressed by the knowledge of other teams players some of you guys have. These days I can barely keep tabs on our own lot, never mind all the other clubs. Good stuff.

SkyBlueCRJ

I think TM said he had good connection with Everton maybe Joe Royal,, but they have 2 players up there that could do a job..Firsty John Lundstram,been out on loan to few championship and L1 clubs, but 21 and could looking for regular football to establish himself.. And very doudtful but a kid called George Green was at Tranmere last year,, one of the best kids in the country for his age,, needs to play first team football..

Other than that some names i like not that it will happen mind, just joining in the fun...
Olly Lee(Brum) CM,
Aidan White(Leeds) LM or LB-injury problems in past but still only 23.
Joe Edwards(Yeovil) MF
Theo Robinson FW
David Mooney FW

if money allowed and players wanted to drop a level
Leon Clarke, Richard Chaplow, Jamie Ward, Paul Anderson, Anthony Gerrard, Nicky Maynard or Danny Guthrie...

Considering the amount of young apprentices we've just promoted I wouldn't exactly feel comfortable with too many young players coming in but I agree with you on George Green, he looks like an excellent young prodigy from what I've seen/heard. Despite the youthful squad we have already I actually would quite like to see maybe one young promising Prem footballer at the club next year coming in on a season long loan because there's so much young talent around at the moment. John Swift, Ryan Inniss and Matt Grimes all excelled in lower league football last season and like Green definitely will be looking for regular football away from Under 21 level. Players like these will always fit nicely into our budget as many would still be on youth contracts so I think it's something TM should potentially look into

I wouldn't exactly complain if we offered contracts to Aiden White or David Mooney. White has bags of pace but his injury record isn't great and this season cries for consistency so I'm not sure if he's suited to us considering we can't afford to risk bringing in injury prone players again as it would inevitably lead to a poor season purely because we won't have the squad depth to support these types of players. Mooney is a proven goal scorer at our level, would definitely be solid signing

Last edited by a moderator:

ccfcway

Finch and Kelly-Evans ere impressed with now out of contract Andy Johnson

Former Crystal Palace, Fulham and QPR striker Johnson played against Dion and Finch for the Palace Under-21s earlier in the season. He scored a wonderful goal and his all round display impressed our young duo.

Some good players look to be available on free this summer

Baker at MK Dons, may not be extended now they have been promoted
JET at Bristol, doesn't look like he's wanted
Williams and Foderingham at Swindon
Try and get Ward, Samuel and Pennington back on loan
Leon Clarke will be available

Wouldn't mind us having a sniff at some of the relegated players
Spencer at Notts County, Gwion Edwards at Crawley, Cox at Leyton Orient.

That sounds amazing, but it looks very much like Baker will be staying at MK, JET would probs to go low Champ/high L1. Cant see either Williams or Foderingham leaving Swindon and i have a feeling Leon is going to someone like Rochdale or Chesterfield where the expectation on him will be lesser than that of here. Spencer, Edwards and Cox are all possible, but i'd only take Cox. I'd love to have all 3 loanees back and i reckon at least 2 are possible. I have a feeling Samuel will get his chance in the 1st team seeing as Reading have released a lot of players and i doubt they will keep Le Fondre, so i reckon Samuel may be a long shot

Last edited:

FRY-CCFC

That sounds amazing, but it looks veyr much like Baker will be staying at MK, JET would probs to go low Champ/high L1. Cant see either Williams or Foderingham leaving Swindon and i have a feeling Leon is going to someone like Rochdale or Chesterfield where the expectation on him will be lesser than that of here. Spencer, Edwards and Cox are all possible, but i'd only take Cox. I'd love to have all 3 loanees back and i reckon at least 2 are possible. I have a feeling Samuel will get his chance in the 1st team seeing as Reading have released a lot of players and i doubt they will keep Le Fondre, so i reckon Samuel may be a long shot

Baker has had a one year option in his contract triggered, JET linked to Birmingham and QPR, Foderingham and Williams both out of contract and not signing new ones due to the huge wages they're on (signed during the Di Canio era). Foderingham will go to a champ side not sure about Williams.

Users who are viewing this thread