Realistic good signings. (1 Viewer)

Chipfat

I can't see how TM will be able to sign many perm free agents he needs to sort out players he wants to keep

stupot07

Maghoma's signed for Birmingham 2 year deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

LB87ccfc

CIFTCI BID ACCEPTED
Wigan Athletic have agreed a deal with Dundee United to sign striker Nadir Ciftci, according to Sky sources.
It is understood a fee in excess of £1m has been finalised between the clubs, the news coming just 24 hours after Sky Sports reported that Celtic had had a bid of around £900,000 turned down by their Scottish Premiership rivals.

Not a bad signing to be honest, and at over £1m in this league, will be expected to score goals, at least we get Wigan out the way early

LJC_CCFC

CIFTCI BID ACCEPTED
Wigan Athletic have agreed a deal with Dundee United to sign striker Nadir Ciftci, according to Sky sources.
It is understood a fee in excess of £1m has been finalised between the clubs, the news coming just 24 hours after Sky Sports reported that Celtic had had a bid of around £900,000 turned down by their Scottish Premiership rivals.

Not a bad signing to be honest, and at over £1m in this league, will be expected to score goals, at least we get Wigan out the way early

Unreal signing tbh, will piss this league.

SlowerThanPlatt

They're either going to piss it or get relegated again. There's no in between. They have an unexperienced manager who has already been put under pressure by his chairman to win the league with over 100 points and a squad with some players probably earning 20k still who won't be motivated playing in front of tiny crowds at crap grounds.

For the good of football I hope they never play in the top 2 divisions ever again because there an absolute shite club with no fans.

SlowerThanPlatt

The Evening Telegraph understands that Dundee United striker Nadir Ciftci is set to turn down a £1 million move to Wigan.

The English club had agreed a fee with United which was £100,000 more than Celtic were said to have offered for the player.

However, we understand that Ciftci is not keen on a move to Wigan, meaning Celtic and other clubs are still in the race to land him.

LB87ccfc

NOTTS COUNTY SIGN STEAD
League Two side Notts County have signed striker Jon Steadon a two-year deal.
The 32-year-old was a free agent after being released by Huddersfield Town at the end of the season.

Not a bad signing for them especially league two level.

Astute

NOTTS COUNTY SIGN STEAD
League Two side Notts County have signed striker Jon Steadon a two-year deal.
The 32-year-old was a free agent after being released by Huddersfield Town at the end of the season.

Not a bad signing for them especially league two level.

Happy with that. Wouldn't want us to sign him as it would be a big gamble but wouldn't want to play against him either.

stupot07

Richard Chaplow signs for Doncaster. Thought he might have ended up here with the Mowbray link. Good signing for them

Or could turn out to be a simeon Jackson....hasn't played 30+ games in a season since 10/11, only 47 games over the last 3 season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Last edited:

SlowerThanPlatt

Or could turn out to be a simeon Jackson....hasn't played 30+ games in a season since 10/11, only 47 games over the last 3 season.

Sam Ricketts didn't play many games last season. Are you not happy with that signing?

stupot07

Sam Ricketts didn't play many games last season. Are you not happy with that signing?

He played 50 games the season before and 39 the season before that. So he's played 105 games in the last 3 seasons (35 per season) compared with chaplow's 47 (15.7 per season). Also it's clear as an elder statesmen in a higher league last season, which is why he didn't feature much I believe he was ever present during his loan spell with Swindon. So yes I'm happy with Ricketts, however chaplow is a big gamble, so just a because he's a name doesn't make it a good signing - kilbane, Jackson, Pugh, etc.

Last edited:

wiganlad123

well that's a load of bull...we averaged about 4k more than you last season your last trophy was in 1987..you have been lower league for years and by the way the guy as turned us down from Dundee united so you can stop being bitter...you maybe an older club but bigger is questionable now.... and i bet you don't get mouthy when 3k wigan fans turn up and take over Coventry!
They're either going to piss it or get relegated again. There's no in between. They have an unexperienced manager who has already been put under pressure by his chairman to win the league with over 100 points and a squad with some players probably earning 20k still who won't be motivated playing in front of tiny crowds at crap grounds.

For the good of football I hope they never play in the top 2 divisions ever again because there an absolute shite club with no fans.

Last edited:

wiganlad123

attachment.php
you sure.....

mrtrench

Agree Wigan fan. I don't understand the fascination with 'biggest club'. What does it even mean and why give a fig about it anyway? I don't support City because of 'how big' we may or may not be. I also think it ignorant to wish ill on other clubs and insult them. I hope Wigan has a great season... Happy for you to come second behind us :)

Nick

Administrator
well that's a load of bull...we averaged about 4k more than you last season your last trophy was in 1987..you have been lower league for years and by the way the guy as turned us down from Dundee united so you can stop being bitter...you maybe an older club but bigger is questionable now.... and i bet you don't get mouthy when 3k wigan fans turn up and take over Coventry!

3k, is that it? ;)

mrtrench

And just remember, it's only a game. Comes way down the list of my priorities.

LB87ccfc

3000 wigan fans, LMAO are you on drugs? Pissed ? or both you muppet.

You have one of the worst away followings in the country fact, were be lucky to see 1k of you never mind 3,000 unless your bringing manikins dressed as seats with you?

3,000 ... take over Coventry... step aside Peter Kay this guys fucking funny

wiganlad123

3000 wigan fans, LMAO are you on drugs? Pissed ? or both you muppet.

You have one of the worst away followings in the country fact, were be lucky to see 1k of you never mind 3,000 unless your bringing manikins dressed as seats with you?

3,000 ... take over Coventry... step aside Peter Kay this guys fucking funny

we averaged about 1k away last season and we were bottom 3 all season which is not that bad...not to mention we averaged 4k more than you at home we will have one of the highest away followings this season due to having so many north west teams..we took nearly 3k to barnsley the first game in the championship after relegation from the prem..im telling you now we will sell 3k for Coventry away...we have underrated away support..its just a myth about our bad support..we took 3k to belgium in Europa league.. you just follow the crowd and the press simple!

kg82

Agree Wigan fan. I don't understand the fascination with 'biggest club'. What does it even mean and why give a fig about it anyway? I don't support City because of 'how big' we may or may not be. I also think it ignorant to wish ill on other clubs and insult them. I hope Wigan has a great season... Happy for you to come second behind us :)

Surprisingly, I think you might find the "we're bigger than you" argument and general insults directed at the opposition aren't a new phenomenon in the game. In fact, I'm pretty sure it's been going on for decades. definitely for all my lifetime and no doubt quite a few of ours and everyone else's fans. So, is it really that hard to understand?

covcity4life

its the history 1 that annoys me.

oooh man city have no history, like it matters,they ar ebetter than man utd now,thats all that matters

all clubs have history, lack of successfull history doesnt take away from current success imo

but i am a hypocrite as i do like to think cov are a big club and i do not like seeing teams like hull and wigan doing well as they are rugby towns/cities(no wasps jokes)

mrtrench

Surprisingly, I think you might find the "we're bigger than you" argument and general insults directed at the opposition aren't a new phenomenon in the game. In fact, I'm pretty sure it's been going on for decades. definitely for all my lifetime and no doubt quite a few of ours and everyone else's fans. So, is it really that hard to understand?

So anything that has been going on for years is proof that it's not rediculous and childish? Your argument is the very definition of non sequitur

LB87ccfc

So anything that has been going on for years is proof that it's not rediculous and childish? Your argument is the very definition of non sequitur

Its called Banter I thought? something that is still allowed to exist in football if you allow yourself to enjoy it.

mrtrench

'For the love of football I hope they never play in the top two divisions ever again'. 'Shite club' is not banter, it's ignorant and stupid. Banter is light-hearted friendly joshing.

LB87ccfc

'For the love of football I hope they never play in the top two divisions ever again'. 'Shite club' is not banter, it's ignorant and stupid. Banter is light-hearted friendly joshing.

Ignorant and stupid or bit of heated football banter, jeez if you think that's cruel and uncalled for, I suggest never going to a derby match vs a Midlands rival if we ever get one again, incase you here some obscene words towards opposition fans.

Also maybe sit as far away as possible from opposition fans at games for fear of obscene gestures or foul language being directed towards them.

kg82

Oh dear Lord. Get off your high horse. I wasn't arguing for it.

mrtrench

More completely missing the point. Sure, there are plenty of morons at football matches I'd cross the road to avoid. However context is everything. Joking with the Wigan fan about crowds is banter, witty songs at a game is banter even with swearing, insulting a single guy and wishing ill on his club isn't banter, it's rude.

mrtrench

The difference is this. Imagine yourself on the receiving end. If you are smiling and thinking about a witty retort then it's banter. If it makes you feel angry it isn't.

Users who are viewing this thread