Realistic good signings. (2 Viewers)

LJC_CCFC

I am just starting a petition for you to be named head scout considering your always right about each and every football league player their is and know everything about their backgrounds and why they have not played for their clubs, no need for background checks on a player, you have the wealth of knowledge from FM.

LJC_CCFC for Chief Scout please!

Don't play FM. Just know a fair bit about the game, for some reason this upsets you.

LB87ccfc

Tears. Your opinion is obviously right. What a bitter cretin you are.

Cretin? your the opinionated little melt putting every one elses opinions / suggestions down at every opportunity thinking your the big know it all, when you clearly know fuck all.

LJC_CCFC

Cretin? your the opinionated little melt putting every one elses opinions / suggestions down at every opportunity thinking your the big know it all, when you clearly know fuck all.

Bite, bite. Ok so I should agree with everyone's opinion then? Is that how a forum works?

LJC_CCFC

You were right about Simeon Jackson tbf

Banter
Evidently I got this one wrong with Jackson being released. At 27/28 years of age and based on his previous performances and record at clubs I assumed he would be able to produce here, despite a few flashes of quality he didn't.

LB87ccfc

I get things right, I get things wrong. I fine with this, not sure why it's getting on your tits.

I am more than happy for you to have your opinion just do not come across as I am always right or I am always proven right, by all means opinion away but I don't think you need to put others opinions down the way you do, maybe offer a more knowledgeable reply pal instead of nah or meh.

It comes across as you don't give a shit about that posters opinion on a player.

For the record, remember where we are and what kind of budget we would have, we all want the very best players on the market of course but it won't happen pal so some suggestions are actually realistic from some posters.

LJC_CCFC

I am more than happy for you to have your opinion just do not come across as I am always right or I am always proven right, by all means opinion away but I don't think you need to put others opinions down the way you do, maybe offer a more knowledgeable reply pal instead of nah or meh.

It comes across as you don't give a shit about that posters opinion on a player.

For the record, remember where we are and what kind of budget we would have, we all want the very best players on the market of course but it won't happen pal so some suggestions are actually realistic from some posters.

I'll try to lighten the tone of my posts for you in that case. I understand where we are, but that doesn't mean we should settle for below-par players, obviously it is hard to judge the quality of players coming down from the lower echelons of the Championship.

SkyBlueCRJ

Yeah in all honesty I didn't see Lewis play last season but he was once extremely solid at this level for Peterborough. There seems to be a lack of goalkeepers available to be honest so I'm picking from the names that I've seen play and personally think would do well in this league. Keeping my eye on Chris Kirkland as well. He's being offered a contract at Sheff Wed but i can imagine if a club comes in and offers him a guarnateed spot he'll go elsewhere considering the form Westwood was in last season and the fact that he is turning 34 this year

JulianDarbyFTW

I'd fancy Grant Holt tbh. Looks like Wigan have given his the green light to go on a free, and he'd be a handful at this level. Depends if he's motivated to play because he wants to play, or just earn cash I suppose.

stupot07

With the wage bill being tight, and Tudgay and Reda being the "experience" and not cheap, I'm not expecting many, if any "names" to be joining us.

For example Holts probably on about £20k pw at Wigan (they still have parachute payments). He isn't likely to come here and play for £2.5k pw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Last edited:

JulianDarbyFTW

With the wage bill being tight, and Tudgay and Reda being the "experience" and not cheap, I'm not expecting many, if any "names" to be joining us.

For example Holts probably on about £20k pw at Wigan (they still have parachute payments). He isn't likely to come here and play for £2.5k pw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

That's what I mean - depends if he's happy to pick up a wage and sit on a bench, or would prefer to play. At this stage of his career I would expect him to chase the cash, but you do still see 'big' names dropping down the leagues (albeit far rarer these days than when I was a kid) when they just love the game. Not saying it's totally realistic, but it's not outside the realms of possibility.

LJC_CCFC

Piero Mingoia and Josh Windass from Accrington. Mingoia is out of contract (currently offered one) and we'd have a better chance of signing him than Windass, who is attracting a fair bit of interest from the Championship. I would love to see us do some business in League 2 and Non-League, gems can be found for little or no money and the step up to League 1 these days isn't as big as it once was.

SkyBlueCRJ

I personally think it's unlikely that Holt will want to drop to our level, hence why Wigan have probably released him. They are well aware of his ability and behind the scenes it's likely they would've offered him another contract on reduced terms. However given his age and wages he probably wanted to seek pastures new and attempt tp find another Championship club. Then again I'm only spectulating I could be wrong and we could see him playing League One football next year, stranger things have happened. Have to agree with you though he'd definitly be a handful in this division

Sky Blue Harry H

Its unlikely we will get the 3 loaness back, so gone for......

Peter Clarke (out of contract at Blackpool), Mark Tierney (out of contract at bolton), David McGoldrick (out of contract and outof favour at Ipswich), Scott Loach (out of contract at Roterham), Jake Cassidy (out of contract at wolves), Kevin Foley (out of contract at Copenhagen), Lee Frecklington (out of contract at Rotherham)

------------------------------Loach--------------------------
Philips-------Clarke-----------------Johnson-----Tierney
---------Freckington----Fleck----Foley--------------------
----------Cassidy-------------------McGoldrick------------
-----------------------Tudgay-------------------------------

7 signings, with a few loans to be added

Where is this McGoldrick stuff coming from - they turned down £5M + (can't recall exact figure) from Leicester IIRC, so we have less chance of getting him than Wasps giving us half the Ricoh:D

sw88

Chief Commentator!

Regarding Reda, I suspect he'll be on reduced terms and that's why we're back in talks with him, rather than just taking up the option of a second year (presume if he wanted to stay and we wanted him and terms weren't changing he'd be signed by now).

Sky Blue Harry H

Its unlikely we will get the 3 loaness back, so gone for......

Peter Clarke (out of contract at Blackpool), Mark Tierney (out of contract at bolton), David McGoldrick (out of contract and outof favour at Ipswich), Scott Loach (out of contract at Roterham), Jake Cassidy (out of contract at wolves), Kevin Foley (out of contract at Copenhagen), Lee Frecklington (out of contract at Rotherham)

------------------------------Loach--------------------------
Philips-------Clarke-----------------Johnson-----Tierney
---------Freckington----Fleck----Foley--------------------
----------Cassidy-------------------McGoldrick------------
-----------------------Tudgay-------------------------------

7 signings, with a few loans to be added

Also - I don't like you F***ing midfield ;)

LB87ccfc

Kyle Bennett to Portsmouth was a suprise yesterday, rejected a new deal at Donny, would get in most league one sides. Good signing for Portsmouth.

Manchester_sky_blue

Trying to work out whats going on with Dominic Samuel. Reading have given him a new deal but only for a year. Would have thought if they really rated him he would have got a longer contract, could be they want a fee for him rather than just letting him go on a free with compo set by a tribunal.

LB87ccfc

In the nicest possible way, he wouldn't. Donny fans think he's crap.

In the most friendliest possible way with hundreds and thousands and a cherry on top, I know alot of Donny fans who travel England away who are gutted as he was a constant threat for their side last season, and gutted to see him leave.

So maybe in your views or some other fans views ( usually a comment made when a player walks you slate them) but everyones different.

Shall we hug this one out instead of a back and fourth thread.

LJC_CCFC

In the most friendliest possible way with hundreds and thousands and a cherry on top, I know alot of Donny fans who travel England away who are gutted as he was a constant threat for their side last season, and gutted to see him leave.

So maybe in your views or some other fans views ( usually a comment made when a player walks you slate them) but everyones different.

Shall we hug this one out instead of a back and fourth thread.

High five will probably suffice.

SlowerThanPlatt

Majewski from Forest? Forest want him out and Scunthorpe are interested.

Have Scunthorpe got some backing this season then? Reportedly interested in that Clucas from Chesterfield who's valued at £1m and I imagine Majewski isn't on low wages either.

Users who are viewing this thread