Realistic good signings. (1 Viewer)

LJC_CCFC

Comedy gold, you bang on about mistakes in a keeper but then say Burge is fine.

Keep taking the pills, Loach overrated and makes mistakes please stop it your killing my sides.

Every keeper is capable of a mistake or two ffs and Loach would be a superb signing for any league one side on a tight budget.

Scott Loach is set to sign for League 2 Notts County where he will be number 2 to Roy Carroll.

LB87ccfc

Well it is the opinion of 3 ITK Notts County fans. Will be confirmed in the next few days.

Suppose that's it then, all wrapped up and dusted, now as 3 County fans have said.

Considering Carroll is highly regarded at the club and performed miracles for them at times last season, not many available on the market and in their transfer budget would take over Carroll right away.

Decent ambitious signing by a league two side none the less.

LJC_CCFC

Getting themselves ready for when Carroll calls it a day after this season with a good solid keeper, fair play to them, good vision.

From Watford and England, to Ipswich, to Rotherham, to Notts County (Via loans at Bury and Yeovil). Yeah he is obviously a 'good, solid' keeper. It's ok to be wrong you know.

LB87ccfc

From Watford and England, to Ipswich, to Rotherham, to Notts County (Via loans at Bury and Yeovil). Yeah he is obviously a 'good, solid' keeper. It's ok to be wrong you know.

Well take it on the chin then, the lads talented but his injuries over the past few years have given him limited playing time, forcing clubs to look elsewhere as he comes with the tag of being a little on the injury prone side now, and with funds getting tighter and tighter in the lower divisions, you cannot blame most clubs to looking elsewhere.

For you to say he's not a talented keeper though is questionable.

Personally, I don't sit in my bedroom wanking over over clubs signings and bringing up debates from 4 weeks ago, prefer to have a life and look at who we are bringing in and passing judgement on our own players, not those in league two.

LJC_CCFC

Well take it on the chin then, the lads talented but his injuries over the past few years have given him limited playing time, forcing clubs to look elsewhere as he comes with the tag of being a little on the injury prone side now, and with funds getting tighter and tighter in the lower divisions, you cannot blame most clubs to looking elsewhere.

For you to say he's not a talented keeper though is questionable.

Personally, I don't sit in my bedroom wanking over over clubs signings and bringing up debates from 4 weeks ago, prefer to have a life and look at who we are bringing in and passing judgement on our own players, not those in league two.

He wasn't injured when he was dropped at Watford or Ipswich and whilst he had some injury problems at Rotherham, at all three clubs his form was the major issue. Yes he was once highly rated - as many players have been throughout the history of football funnily enough - but that was a long time ago. He is playing where his ability will allow him to. He is a League 1/League 2 standard keeper.

Just some information I thought I should pass on, if you weren't interested you shouldn't have replied.

LB87ccfc

He wasn't injured when he was dropped at Watford or Ipswich and whilst he had some injury problems at Rotherham, at all three clubs his form was the major issue. Yes he was once highly rated - as many players have been throughout the history of football funnily enough - but that was a long time ago. He is playing where his ability will allow him to. He is a League 1/League 2 standard keeper.

Just some information I thought I should pass on, if you weren't interested you shouldn't have replied.

Ok fair enough and your more than welcome to your opinion.

LJC_CCFC

Was rumoured to be somewhere around the £1 million mark and Walsall get a decent percentage of it as well. Solid signing tbh, paying for a proven League One goalscorer. Very similar to what Bristol City did last year when they bought Agard from Rotherham who had scored 20 plus goals the previous year.

sw88

Chief Commentator!

Didn't even realise he was on loan at MK. Thought he was one of their own players.

Decent striker

AFCCOVENTRY

Every club that gets out of his divison needs a prolific goalscorer. Wigan have one now, Sheff U signed one...

I'm sure TM has his eye on some but it will all come down to money. We won't be able to pay big transfer fees.

skybluegod

Every club that gets out of his divison needs a prolific goalscorer. Wigan have one now, Sheff U signed one...

I'm sure TM has his eye on some but it will all come down to money. We won't be able to pay big transfer fees.

Who do sheff u have? Not disagreeing just curious to see if I missed a signing? Haha

i think ink we will be relying on loans in the striker department tbh.

Gint11

I'd say bust the bank for Reuben Reid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

simonregis

Read, on MKDons site, some while back Grigg had off field problems and that's why they didn't sign him. Sharp will goto Sheff Utd. He was born there and just waiting for a pay off for his contract from Leeds. Without a doubt TM is waiting for the Reading lad to come back and the other forward will be from spurs U21s.

FRY-CCFC

Read, on MKDons site, some while back Grigg had off field problems and that's why they didn't sign him. Sharp will goto Sheff Utd. He was born there and just waiting for a pay off for his contract from Leeds. Without a doubt TM is waiting for the Reading lad to come back and the other forward will be from spurs U21s.
MK Dons didn't sign him because they couldn't afford the 1 million fee. They had bids rejected.

Skybluedar

Having listened to Reda's only interview since signing, it is clear that it took some convincing from Mowbray and needed to be backed up by some signings. He didn't want empty promises but action taken and he waited until he saw it. It sounds like TM gave him some assurances about a prolific striker has he reiterated his point that it takes a lot of clean sheets and a top striker to get out of the league. It will be very interesting to see who we bring in to give us the goals we need.

stupot07

I'd say bust the bank for Reuben Reid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We won't be busting any bank. He's a decent player but not even that prolific scorer, his only 3 decent goal scoring seasons were in league two, his record in league one is pretty poor 11 in 74 games. Turns 27 so not an up and coming youngster, would be a gamble. Seems like the Cody/Leon Clarke of league two, not quite good enough for the league above.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

SlowerThanPlatt

Chris Eagles about to sign for Chesterfield?! Surely we should be all over that if we still want 2 wingers. To be fair, just checked his wiki page and he's been released by Blackpool and Charlton in the last two years so looks like he's already on his way down and League 1 is his next destination.

SlowerThanPlatt

Alex Gillead 2 assists for Carlisle at the weekend on his debut. Noticed he's only there for a month so if he keeps it up maybe he'll be heading here on loan until the end of the season.

Gazolba

Mowbray said he expects Armstrong to get the 'bulk' of 80 goals this year if we are to get promoted, which implies he will be here past January?

I don't think it implies that at all. It just means he expects him to get enough goals while he is here that no-one else in the team will be able to surpass it. And considering our top scorer last season got, what was it? 8 goals, he is almost there already.

ms639

I don't think it implies that at all. It just means he expects him to get enough goals while he is here that no-one else in the team will be able to surpass it. And considering our top scorer last season got, what was it? 8 goals, he is almost there already.

Top scorer was 7 and that was in all competitions, think it was 5 in the league so he's there already!

Sick Boy

Chris Eagles about to sign for Chesterfield?! Surely we should be all over that if we still want 2 wingers. To be fair, just checked his wiki page and he's been released by Blackpool and Charlton in the last two years so looks like he's already on his way down and League 1 is his next destination.

No thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread