"Realistic" free transfers or signings only (2 Viewers)

steve82

Matty Taylor scored again yesterday for Bristol rovers. Has to be on everyone's free transfers list.
Dan Holman also scored again for Cheltenham. Another striker who could come good at this level on a free.

skybluegod

Matty Taylor scored again yesterday for Bristol rovers. Has to be on everyone's free transfers list.
Dan Holman also scored again for Cheltenham. Another striker who could come good at this level on a free.

Tbh Bristol Rovers, have a billionaire chairman now, if they come up, expect him to sign a new contract, and on more than we can offer him.

steve82

"Realistic" free transfers or signings only

Tbh Bristol Rovers, have a billionaire chairman now, if they come up, expect him to sign a new contract, and on more than we can offer him.

Yeah true they have, but then whys he still in the last few months of his current deal? Is he running his contract down as he wants to play higher and have a choice of club. Yes that may well still be at rovers but footballs a funny game, we may be able to tempt him. TM is a big pull and depending on who else we could tempt in may have a deciding factor, players buy into the clubs plans

skybluegod

Yeah true they have, but then whys he still in the last few months of his current deal? Is he running his contract down as he wants to play higher and have a choice of club. Yes that may well still be at rovers but footballs a funny game, we may be able to tempt him. TM is a big pull and depending on who else we could tempt in may have a deciding factor, players buy into the clubs plans

As i said if Bristol Rovers come up, then why sign for coventry? Might as well sign at a club, which he can earn more at at the same level, would argue, Bristol have more of a plan than coventry, who just seem to wing it every season?

Hadji10

Marcus fucking Haber?

I sat in the Crewe end for that game and he was getting fucking hammered by there fans and they are quite possibly one of the worst teams I've ever seen.

Nick

Administrator
Marcus fucking Haber?

I sat in the Crewe end for that game and he was getting fucking hammered by there fans and they are quite possibly one of the worst teams I've ever seen.
Which game? The one where he taught Johnson a lesson and they took him off?

skybluegod

It's not about the the individual parts, it's how the team functions, you need a player like Haber, for teams such as Bradford away from home.

Hadji10

It's not about the the individual parts, it's how the team functions, you need a player like Haber, for teams such as Bradford away from home.

Why not buy someone who's good then? Why don't we go for someone like that Hanson who's at Bradford?

Not sure I buy into this theory anyway, surely the brutes at Bradford would rather play against someone who's physical than someone who's nippy and quick with good movement..

skybluegod

Why not buy someone who's good then? Why don't we go for someone like that Hanson who's at Bradford?

Not sure I buy into this theory anyway, surely the brutes at Bradford would rather play against someone who's physical than someone who's nippy and quick with good movement..

Where is the magic money to buy Hanson going to come from? Are you offering a couple hundred thousand?

Would a 27 year old CB prefer to play against a 19 year old scrawny kid who they can out power, and be dirty too (with the ref standard in this league, unchecked), who has never experienced League one football, or a brute, who's gonna give as much as they can get, and will be able to hold up the ball away from home when we have to defend?

Hadji10

Where is the magic money to buy Hanson going to come from? Are you offering a couple hundred thousand?

Would a 27 year old CB prefer to play against a 19 year old scrawny kid who they can out power, and be dirty too (with the ref standard in this league, unchecked), who has never experienced League one football, or a brute, who's gonna give as much as they can get, and will be able to hold up the ball away from home when we have to defend?

1) I clearly said someone LIKE Hanson, not Hanson himself.

2) Why do we have to play a scrawny 19 year old kid?

skybluegod

1) I clearly said someone LIKE Hanson, not Hanson himself.

2) Why do we have to play a scrawny 19 year old kid?

Okay suggestions within budget?

Well we don't exactly have the budget to go and sign players in their prime, if they are "nippy and quick with good movement"? If we could i think we would have don't you? That's why 19 year old kids' because that's what our budget has limited us too? I'm all for signing players like that. But they don't work in every game.

Hadji10

Okay suggestions within budget?

Well we don't exactly have the budget to go and sign players in their prime, if they are "nippy and quick with good movement"? If we could i think we would have don't you? That's why 19 year old kids' because that's what our budget has limited us too? I'm all for signing players like that. But they don't work in every game.

We have the sixth biggest budget in this league. You can get some good players on free transfers. I've not looked who's out of contract as of yet because I'm not a complete virgin.

Nick

Administrator
We have the sixth biggest budget in this league. You can get some good players on free transfers. I've not looked who's out of contract as of yet because I'm not a complete virgin.
Ha real men troll on here and Twitter...

skybluegod

So you are basing your argument, on players being out of contract, yet there is no evidence of such players being available?

Hadji10

So you are basing your argument, on players being out of contract, yet there is no evidence of such players being available?

Come on man, there's good players available every single season. It's about getting the right ones and getting them early.

skybluegod

Come on man, there's good players available every single season. It's about getting the right ones and getting them early.

Yes there are but, which of those want to play for Coventry, in League one? It's all good signing these "nimble fast players with good movement"- but if they are only good on nice pitches, at home, at the beginning of the season, I don't want them. Yes i want those types of players, but they don't suit every game. Not in league one. Sometimes you have to play dirty. We need out of this division

skybluegod

I've not seen a bad pitch this season so that excuse can be thrown out straight away.

How many matches do you go to? I have seen a fair few. Hell the Ricoh, bobbles up quite badly atm.
Blackpool to name just one, Bradford, Shrewsbury wasn't great, Southend pretty poor. With still more games to play

Hadji10

How many matches do you go to? I have seen a fair few. Hell the Ricoh, bobbles up quite badly atm.
Blackpool to name just one, Bradford, Shrewsbury wasn't great, Southend pretty poor. With still more games to play

Shrewsbury was a carpet.

skybluegod

Shrewsbury was a carpet.

Bobbled like a bitch from what i remember. But there have been some other bad ones. Funny how you don't answer how many matches you have been to this season. Pitch condition deteriorates as the season goes on. And for pitches like bradford and blackpool you need to win ugly.

Hadji10

Blackpool I didn't go to. I don't think the pitches are much of an issue, it's just an excuse from TM and some of the fans are falling for it.

Nick

Administrator
Blackpool I didn't go to. I don't think the pitches are much of an issue, it's just an excuse from TM and some of the fans are falling for it.
I'm not falling for it, both teams play on it and they should adapt to the conditions. But not all the pitches are good.

skybluegod

Yes I'm not using it as an excuse I agree both teams need to play to suit the conditions. And IMO sometimes you need different players to suit different pitches and conditions ?

Sent from my VF-895N using Tapatalk

steve82

Totally agree with you here, we're thinking the same.
It's called option b and c....... We've relied upon AA all season and he offers you the pace and gets in behind. That's not always gonna work.
Over a season it's proven you need more than just that. You need a bruit of a striker, sure he's not gonna get 10/15 goals, if he did he'd be playing at a higher level. But someone needs to do the ugly work and causing problems for your second striker or midfield players.
Some games due to conditions or times in games were gonna need to lump it up top.
Ugly football is just as effective as good passing football. 3pts is the aim, not possession stats.

no_loyalty

I sincerely hope Mowbray doesn't offer Ricketts a new one year contract

skybluegod

Dan Burn?- Highly rated before, and is a bit of a monster at 6ft 7, has a lot to prove, but he has shown potential
Craine- out of contract again, could be a good signing if he is willing to drop down?
Matt Derbyshire? Not been offered a contract by Rotherham yet despite being their top scorer this year
Kevin Mcdonald- Wolves seem to want to get rid, was their player of the season when they were promoted.
Ian Henderson at Rochdale?

steve82

Dan Burn?- Highly rated before, and is a bit of a monster at 6ft 7, has a lot to prove, but he has shown potential
Craine- out of contract again, could be a good signing if he is willing to drop down?
Matt Derbyshire? Not been offered a contract by Rotherham yet despite being their top scorer this year
Kevin Mcdonald- Wolves seem to want to get rid, was their player of the season when they were promoted.
Ian Henderson at Rochdale?

Burn seems a good shout, not sure on Derbyshire. Kevin McDonald would be a good signing and Henderson is 31, so only got 2 years in him really.
Some good finds tho

skybluegod

Burn seems a good shout, not sure on Derbyshire. Kevin McDonald would be a good signing and Henderson is 31, so only got 2 years in him really.
Some good finds tho
Would say Derbyshire would get about 10-15 goals a season at league one level.
However would be one or the other with him or Henderson

Sent from my VF-895N using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread