"Realistic" free transfers or signings only (5 Viewers)

stupot07

And fox only went for £750k, we only made a c£200k profit on him

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Sky Blue Kid

Where was it reported to be 8-10 million for Dann and Fox?

Genuine question, I thought all the reports at the time said up to £4 million for Dann and £1.5 million for Fox?

It was reported to be.... in a few sports papers at the time.... My argument was my figures were "Reported as being" not "Estimated facts" as Grenduffy reported...... And Yes you are correct Dan Fox was indeed sold to Celtic for a reported £1.5m. and guess who it was that bought him? None other than Tony Mowbary. Scot Dann was indeed sold to Birmingham for a reported £4m ;)

Terry Gibson's perm

It was reported to be.... in a few sports papers at the time.... My argument was my figures were "Reported as being" not "Estimated facts" as Grenduffy reported...... And Yes you are correct Dan Fox was indeed sold to Celtic for a reported £1.5m. and guess who it was that bought him? None other than Tony Mowbary. Scot Dann was indeed sold to Birmingham for a reported £4m ;)

blues definitely got the better deal there.

Grendel

Not refusing transfer fee information..... I'm refusing your "Estimated Facts" transfer information. You tried to make me look small on this forum when I said Turner went for a reported 750k. You came up with a website's figure claiming it was a estimation given all figures and claimed it to be factual. Yet it has been shown as undisclosed figures. I said Dann and Fox transfer figures were reported to be in the region £8-10m for both You came up with your estimated figures once again claiming them to be fact... Yet again to be "Undisclosed" I never once stated my figures were FACT, I said "Reported to be" and once again you took the piss...Again. Now finally look at the "Reported figures" in the Telegraph... Whose laughing now? ;) ......
http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/spo...n-cash-3036786

No it was an argument about Westwood - your estimated facts diatribe came from that as "you'd heard" we'd paid £250,000 for him.

You are losing it.

Gazolba

<snip>

As for Reda <snip>

Prior to the injury which kept him out for the season, <snip> looked like he could play a lot more games than the previous season.

Prior to everyone's injury, it looks like they will remain uninjured.

Sky Blue Kid

No it was an argument about Westwood - your estimated facts diatribe came from that as "you'd heard" we'd paid £250,000 for him.

You are losing it.

There are plenty of posters on here that know you're a word twister and that it's you that is lying. Are you denying you used "estimated transfer fees" as fact? Even your best mate Torchy will call you a liar!

stupot07

Wrong....... Fox, 23, became Mowbray’s third signing at Celtic when he completed a £1.5million move from Coventry City on July 24.
Wrong, the official documents leaked in telegraph by Hoffman shoe that fox only went for £700k.

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/football/football-news/coventry-city-fc-boss-tim-5839657

We paid £400k for him, Walsall got 25% of anything above that, so we made £225k profit.

Don't always believe what you read in the papers..

Sky Blue Kid

It states INSTALMENT!
Celtic-FC-23-Sept-09.jpg

Grendel

There are plenty of posters on here that know you're a word twister and that it's you that is lying. Are you denying you used "estimated transfer fees" as fact? Even your best mate Torchy will call you a liar!

I repeat the comment you made about turner was not true.

This catchphrase of yours was to do with transfer fees spent. You made some wild claim the free for the likes of Westwood was tiny and total spend was something around £1.5 million.

You even resurrected the thread for some bizarre reason which led to further ridicule - no I've never said the phrase "estimated facts"

Sky Blue Kid

Look again It says Instalment, not payment in full or anything else. Top of the page it says..... Transfer fee instalment-promissory note.
Paragraph 2. states once again, "Celtic is entitled to withhold 5% (£35,000) of the instalment"... further along it says..."Consequently the amount payable under the promissory note is restricted to £665,000. Where are the other instalment papers?..... Have a look at the next "Transfer Deal" of Leon Best to Newcastle for £1.5m. Nothing about "Instalments" in that document. A straight cash deal +VAT..... Not as clear cut as you make it sound, eh?

stupot07

It states INSTALMENT!
Celtic-FC-23-Sept-09.jpg
Sorry but you're the one who hasn't read it properly.

The total amount was £700k.

You should re-read it.

The clues are
"Can withold 5% of the total fee (£35k) - £35k is 5% of £700k"

"The remainder if the fee should exceed £665k" - £665k + £35k is £700k.

stupot07

Look again It says Instalment, not payment in full or anything else. Top of the page it says..... Transfer fee instalment-promissory note.
Paragraph 2. states once again, "Celtic is entitled to withhold 5% (£35,000) of the instalment"... further along it says..."Consequently the amount payable under the promissory note is restricted to £665,000. Where are the other instalment papers?..... Have a look at the next "Transfer Deal" of Leon Best to Newcastle for £1.5m. Nothing about "Instalments" in that document. A straight cash deal +VAT..... Not as clear cut as you make it sound, eh?
What is £35k 5% of??? Yes that's right £700k. Fox went for £700k. Not £1.5m you keep quoting.

Sky Blue Kid

I repeat the comment you made about turner was not true.

This catchphrase of yours was to do with transfer fees spent. You made some wild claim the free for the likes of Westwood was tiny and total spend was something around £1.5 million.

You even resurrected the thread for some bizarre reason which led to further ridicule - no I've never said the phrase "estimated facts"

You lying twat! You produced figures from a website saying they were "Estimations" but as close to being FACT as anyone would get., and that's a FACT! By using these "Estimations" and portraying them as actual figures when they were infact "Undisclosed"!

SkyBlueZack

This was a decent thread. If you want to argue back and forth about how much fox went for however many years ago, do it through pm please.

Grendel

You lying twat! You produced figures from a website saying they were "Estimations" but as close to being FACT as anyone would get., and that's a FACT! By using these "Estimations" and portraying them as actual figures when they were infact "Undisclosed"!

I said the website estimated transfers fees based on the information that was available and was certainly more factual than some random poster (namely you) making unfounded wild statements on a forum.

Grendel

This was a decent thread. If you want to argue back and forth about how much fox went for however many years ago, do it through pm please.

To be fair this is a bi-annual tradition on this forum.

SBK on a rant about transfer fees and ends up with an ostrich egg on his face.

Sky Blue Kid

I said the website estimated transfers fees based on the information that was available and was certainly more factual
than some random poster (namely you) making unfounded wild statements on a forum.
There you go boys and girls after 4 years he finally admits it :claping hands:
I would say you've just had a Elephant dump on yours!....... How can a "Estimation" be factual? As for unfounded wild statements on a forum, I merely quoted Sports newspapers who "Reportedly" showed transfer fee quotes.

Grendel

There you go boys and girls after 4 years he finally admits it :claping hands:
I would say you've just had a Elephant dump on yours!....... How can a "Estimation" be factual? As for unfounded wild statements on a forum, I merely quoted Sports newspapers who "Reportedly" showed transfer fee quotes.

No you didn't say anything of the sort. You said it was "here say"' which means you made it up. I said they were estimations - but were more factually accurate than yours as at least they are from an acknowledged source. Not just wild figures plucked from the air. A point everyone in the discussion agreed with may I add.

steve82

Spot on.....
Have you finished your little war? Sure this was about transfer targets that we could get.
Just to confirm as I see there was some talk and interest in Scott Dann, Danny Fox and Keiron Westwood.
Scott Dann is contracted till 2020, he'll be 33 then... Think we've seen enough of the 34 squad from this season.
Danny fox is contracted till 2017 at forest, not a realistic target for this year......
Kieron Westwood contracted till 2018 at Wednesday, Shame but also not a target for next year unless some Thai or Arab prince is smiling over us.
Cody Mcdonald is however out of contract out of the names branded about!!! Nah... Thought not.
Moving on to new targets hey!

chiefdave

Prior to everyone's injury, it looks like they will remain uninjured.

The point being Reda's previous injuries were niggles that would see him unable to play a run of consecutive games. When Mowbray came in this changed and he was playing consistently until he suffered a more serious injury that has kept him out for months.

ccfcway

the last thing I expected on this thread was a copy of the contract between CCFC and Celtic for the Danny Fox sale. I thought there would be more chance of seeing a thread about a parrot

steve82

the last thing I expected on this thread was a copy of the contract between CCFC and Celtic for the Danny Fox sale. I thought there would be more chance of seeing a thread about a parrot

Think a copy of jodi Jones contract might settle a few fears

SkyBlue_Bear83

What is £35k 5% of??? Yes that's right £700k. Fox went for £700k. Not £1.5m you keep quoting.

In fairness maybe I'm misreading it as well but to me that doesn't confirm beyond doubt that the total fee was 700k. It says a payment of £700k was due on 31 July 10 and Celtic were entitled to withhold 5% of that payment for whatever reason.

To me doesn't rule out the possibility that other installments or other clauses were paid at a later (or earlier) date. The letter is just a signed document saying Celtic are committed to paying X amount on the specified date, it doesn't define the terms or clauses of the transfer in the same way the document between Walsall and Coventry does.

SkyBlue_Bear83

In fairness maybe I'm misreading it as well but to me that doesn't confirm beyond doubt that the total fee was 700k. It says a payment of £700k was due on 31 July 10 and Celtic were entitled to withhold 5% of that payment for whatever reason.

To me doesn't rule out the possibility that other installments or other clauses were paid at a later (or earlier) date. The letter is just a signed document saying Celtic are committed to paying X amount on the specified date, it doesn't define the terms or clauses of the transfer in the same way the document between Walsall and Coventry does.

Just to add another point to this

Danny Fox was sold on 24th July 2009 and this document is about a payment due to CCFC on 31 July 2010

So unless you think we received nothing until a year after he was sold then its almost certain the total fee was above £700k

Last edited:

SBAndy

Someone said we'd been linked with Jack Marriott of Luton. Spoke to a Luton fan I know about it, he said there's not a chance we'll get him and he'll be playing in the Championship next season.

steve82

&quot;Realistic&quot; free transfers or signings only

Someone said we'd been linked with Jack Marriott of Luton. Spoke to a Luton fan I know about it, he said there's not a chance we'll get him and he'll be playing in the Championship next season.

Scored 13 in 38 mainly been used from the bench, scored 5 in his last 9. Career stats a goal every 3 games ratio. Looks to of found a bit of form and in the same mould as AA. Available on a free,
Another of the league 2 strikers I'd like is Matty Taylor scored 25 in 44 games and 10 in his last 8 games. Career stats are a goal every 2.6 games also avaliable on a free but attracting lots of interest.

Users who are viewing this thread