"Realistic" free transfers or signings only (10 Viewers)

steve82

"Realistic" free transfers or signings only

He is former wide player who is now playing in the middle so I doubt he gets stuck in too much, quite a few penalties though, he will go full time next year somewhere as his contract is up this summer and he won't stop where he is, lives at home with his parents.

Good luck to him, good to hear of players dropping down the leagues to learn there trade but with still the hunger and desire to climb back up again.

steve82

"Realistic" free transfers or signings only

Gillingham's doug loft cm and jermaine mcglashan (right and left wing) both out of contract end of season. Anyone at the game fancy scouting

rupert_bear

We need forwards, wide men and tough guys in midfield. We were after that Ben Gladwin but he chose Bristol City if he becomes available I would look at him as a permenant, try and keep
Stephens for midfield or defence. Then the forwards, we need two minimum can't rely on our kids they would be a bonus. And we need pace to complement Jody Jones, Ryan Kent ? Why not

higgs

Wonder will we go after Ben Turner on a free in the summer injury prone like reda but if both were fit with Martin as back up it would be a solid partnership and provide a threat going forward also at corners and free kicks

skybluegod

Wonder will we go after Ben Turner on a free in the summer injury prone like reda but if both were fit with Martin as back up it would be a solid partnership and provide a threat going forward also at corners and free kicks

Feel like you would only need the one, with maybe a CB which can bring the ball out from the back, like Ricketts at the start of the season

stupot07

He's a class above this league, I can see another championship club taking a punt on him if Cardiff don't offer a renewed contract.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

AFCCOVENTRY

We need more players in the Jones ilk. Young, talented league players.

Then we can really get behind our own team. Yes we will need a few loans here and there but not like this season.

I want a 20 goal a season striker who we own plus get another Adam Armstong on loan. That way we have potent strikers. I don't want to see 3-4 pensioner strikers. Henderson, Tudgay, MAF. Imagine the wages saved on them and we get our own 1-2 upcoming strikers.

I don't want to see Ramage and Ricketts type players who are past it. Let's get some mid 20s solid no nonsense defended. Ones who fight. I don't mind seeing Stokes type players from no league who have bottle and up for it.

We need experience in goal though. That's the only place where you can have someone in their 30s. There will be plenty available on a free. At the moment the like of RCC don't have a senior player to learn and fight against.

higgs

John Egan GillIngham out of contract in June only 23 centre half young and hungry would love to see us sign him if anyone knows mogga on here tip him off!!!!

Sky Blue Kid

A fully fit Ben Turner would be the signing for me. Total Class and has matured at Cardiff, would take him back in a heart beat, Reda couldn't lace his boots. Who knows, possible free transfer would be brilliant for City... That is till SISU decide to sell him again ;)

skybluegod

Ben Turner:
43,38,27 (premier league season), 24 games missed in three seasons, some of them tactical decisions ... would argue he isn't that injury prone, and has in actual been very unlucky with serious injuries to his ankles which has kept him out for the last 2 seasons. Would defo take, was Cardiff's best defender in their promotion season. Would be the best defender in the league if we got him.

steve82

I'd be happy if Ben turner was to sign for us, be a great captain. How ever I think he's more likely to sign for a club like Bristol city than a league one club like us.
It's certainly the right mould of player we so desperately need.

Sky Blue Kid

I'd be happy if Ben turner was to sign for us, be a great captain. How ever I think he's more likely to sign for a club like Bristol city than a league one club like us.
It's certainly the right mould of player we so desperately need.

Damn good chance that Turner would sign for us if given the choice Steve. If the truth be known, I don't think he had much say in his Cardiff move, and don't think Andy Thorne really knew much about it either.

chiefdave

I wouldn't hesitate for a second if Turner wanted to sign for us. Can't see him dropping down to L1 though.

Don't regard him as injury prone, he got a bad injury that kept him out for an extended period. The injury he got with us wasn't related, just bad luck.

As for Reda if we can get him on the right deal and have sufficient backup I'd have him back.

Prior to the injury which kept him out for the season, which was just one of those things that could happen to anyone, TM seemed to be managing him well and looked like he could play a lot more games than the previous season.

SkyBlue_Bear83

I wouldn't hesitate for a second if Turner wanted to sign for us. Can't see him dropping down to L1 though.

Don't regard him as injury prone, he got a bad injury that kept him out for an extended period. The injury he got with us wasn't related, just bad luck.

As for Reda if we can get him on the right deal and have sufficient backup I'd have him back.

Prior to the injury which kept him out for the season, which was just one of those things that could happen to anyone, TM seemed to be managing him well and looked like he could play a lot more games than the previous season.
The injury doesn't have to be related to his previous one to be considered injury prone.

Don't think you can rely on either of them to play 46 games a season, and for that reason we shouldn't be relying on them to be our dominating defender and leader of our defence.

If either of them want to be 4th choice back up then I'd maybe consider signing one of them for that purpose but for our first choice we should be looking at players with a much better and consistent appearance record.

stupot07

The injury doesn't have to be related to his previous one to be considered injury prone.

Completely agree, that's why I don't see much credence when people talk about Reda's injury this season being a freak injury and should be considered with all his others he's had over the last 7-8 seasons.

It probably was a freak injury, but because he's prone to injury and a poor healer was likely the reason he did what he did as opposed to 90%+ of players in a similar challenge/stretch would have probably just resulted in a slight strain and only miss 4-6 games.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Sky Blue Kid

Can't believe what I've just seen in the last 2 posts?!?!?.... 4th choice???? Give your head a wobble mate. Reda I agree with, but what you're saying about Ben Turner.. Absolute garbage mate :pointlaugh:

steve82

Damn good chance that Turner would sign for us if given the choice Steve. If the truth be known, I don't think he had much say in his Cardiff move, and don't think Andy Thorne really knew much about it either.

Id love him here, don't get me wrong I just think at 27 he'd most likely fancy another contract at another championship club before stepping down to league 1 unless TM can really sell him the big picture, and make him our captain. A proper warrior type who can constructively drag a team up out this division. (With the correct personal around him obviously)
I'd sign reda to but has to be appearance related deal so we can still explore any other long term deals for players of similar mould.

Grendel

Why would he sign for a league one club?

Why didn't thorn know about it? He used the money to sign a striker.

Did Ben Turner ever play a game for thorn?

Grendel

Sky Blue Kid

Cody McDonald who was signed with the fee raised by Turners sale.

Sorry - what are you talking about?

How much was Dann sold for please, how much for the Turner sale for again please... and how much did Cody McDonald cost us please:)

Last edited:

Grendel

How much was the Turner sale for again please... and how much did Cody McDonald cost us please:)

Well as you refuse to acknowledge any transfer fee information and instead rely on "what you've heard" that's a pointless discussion.

However lets play the game. Turner press reports say £750,000 and McDonald £500,000 - the upfront payment on turner was around £550,000 and McDonald £350,000 and the clubs would receive top up payments through the contract.

Sky Blue Kid

Well as you refuse to acknowledge any transfer fee information and instead rely on "what you've heard" that's a pointless discussion.

However lets play the game. Turner press reports say £750,000 and McDonald £500,000 - the upfront payment on turner was around £550,000 and McDonald £350,000 and the clubs would receive top up payments through the contract.

Not refusing transfer fee information..... I'm refusing your "Estimated Facts" transfer information. You tried to make me look small on this forum when I said Turner went for a reported 750k. You came up with a website's figure claiming it was a estimation given all figures and claimed it to be factual. Yet it has been shown as undisclosed figures. I said Dann and Fox transfer figures were reported to be in the region £8-10m for both You came up with your estimated figures once again claiming them to be fact... Yet again to be "Undisclosed" I never once stated my figures were FACT, I said "Reported to be" and once again you took the piss...Again. Now finally look at the "Reported figures" in the Telegraph... Whose laughing now? ;) ......
http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/spo...n-cash-3036786

SkyBlue_Bear83

Where was it reported to be 8-10 million for Dann and Fox?

Genuine question, I thought all the reports at the time said up to £4 million for Dann and £1.5 million for Fox?

Users who are viewing this thread