Match Thread Reading (2 Viewers)

TwistAndShoutCCFC1987

Our away support is more often than not really excellent. I don't know how some people sing so much, I used to go on all game in my 20s, I find in my 30s I shout at one player for being useless and my voice is completely gone anyone else have this problem?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Voice is gone too mate. Went at barnsley and vs forest too. Don’t know how much more my voice box can take 🤣

Offhegoes

Despite the great win last night, Blackpool did open us up 3 or 4 times. I can't decide if that's because they are actually a decent team, or if we're still not great defensively, and Reading score goals. I'll go for 2-2

Gint11

Just nipped onto their forum. Most fans are hoping for a bore draw. “We’ll take that” but you always get one who says “nah we should beat these, they’re rubbish”

Made me think, why’s that? I doubt a reading fan has seen our games, only our results and we’ve won 2 out of 3 and should have whalloped Barnsley.

Strange comment. Unless fans generally see a club who’s recently promoted, looking to survive so just assume we’re rubbish? Because even based on last season, we weren’t rubbish we’re we?

And although we have frailties, we are a bloody decent team which at times plays liquid football at a high tempo etc

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Just nipped onto their forum. Most fans are hoping for a bore draw. “We’ll take that” but you always get one who says “nah we should beat these, they’re rubbish”

Made me think, why’s that? I doubt a reading fan has seen our games, only our results and we’ve won 2 out of 3 and should have whalloped Barnsley.

Strange comment. Unless fans generally see a club who’s recently promoted, looking to survive so just assume we’re rubbish? Because even based on last season, we weren’t rubbish we’re we?

And although we have frailties, we are a bloody decent team which at times plays liquid football at a high tempo etc
We are probably better than them at current times without Ejaria, Joao and Miete

ccfcricoh

Its just laziness and blind optimism i think

There are teams i expect us to beat (Blackpool were one of them) but not because they are rubbish, we're all in the same league for a reason, but because i feel we have players that could hurt them, which they did.

i dont look at Reading and see anything to concern us, but we could well lose (look at Barnsley game)

All that said, 2.0 win, Gyok and O'hare and another clean sheet,

Legia Sky Blue

Take a look at any prediction thread on this site and you will see the same one eyed predictions. Plenty on here were calling Barnsley rubbish despite their Top 6 finish last season, so why would you expect a Reading fan who probably knows very little about us to think differently?

Gibbo

I would be gobsmacked and more than a little puzzled if MR did not stick with the starting line up from Blackpool. It was not just the win, but the manner of it. Having one of his lesser players - Allen - perform so well was a real bonus.

I hope there has been lots of training on the back 3.

Not sure DaCosta should even be on the bench.

I will be really disappointed if we don't win this. Before the season, pundits were pointing out how poor Reading's form was in the second half of last season - almost relegation standard. Some tipped them for the drop this year. And as has been pointed out above, they are missing key players.

A scraped victory by a single goal is not good enough.

Perryccfc

I would be gobsmacked and more than a little puzzled if MR did not stick with the starting line up from Blackpool. It was not just the win, but the manner of it. Having one of his lesser players - Allen - perform so well was a real bonus.

I will be really disappointed if we don't win this. Before the season, pundits were pointing out how poor Reading's form was in the second half of last season - almost relegation standard. Some tipped them for the drop this year. And as has been pointed out above, they are missing key players.

A scraped victory by a single goal is plenty good enough! How would it not be?

Sky Blue Pete

Bloody well is

Gint11

Take a look at any prediction thread on this site and you will see the same one eyed predictions. Plenty on here were calling Barnsley rubbish despite their Top 6 finish last season, so why would you expect a Reading fan who probably knows very little about us to think differently?

Not a bad point to be fair.

Gint11

It’s a winnable game for us. We’re at home and on better form than Reading but it’s the championship and you can get punished. On another night we’d have lost a game after spurning chance after chance.

Evo1883

Are you one of those commenting on the match saying 'we should have had 3 by now?'

Well if we won every match scraping by 1-0 we'd win the league .

Missing chances only matters when you drop points , surely that's simple logic

hamil99

Facebook User
2-0: Gyro and Allen🤷🏼‍♂️

Attendance: Hoping for around 20,000 but feel it may be more 16,000

I knew a man from Reading once, absolute melt!!

Marty

2-2. Gyokeres to take up a position, serving in the hot dog stand. Probably got more chance of scoring from there with an off target O'Hare shot, smacking him in the head.

ccfcchris

Entertaining afternoon in at the Coventry Arena

Coventry 2.2 v Reading 3.65; The Draw 3.45

Coventry put a frustrating trip to Barnsley firmly behind them in midweek as they edged past Blackpool at Bloomfield Road. The Sky Blues were the better side throughout the 90 minutes, although they missed several chances to extend their lead. Ben Sheaf was excellent in the centre of the park, whilst Callum O'Hare buzzed around efficiently. With strikers Matt Godden and Tyler Walker yet to return, the future looks bright for Mark Robins' men and they will fancy their chances of making it two from two in front of their own fans. The hosts' numbers have been very impressive so far and they are likely to create chances against a questionable Reading defence. The Royals have lost two of their opening three matches by the same score-line (3-2) and its easy to see where the problems lie for Vejlko Paunovic's side. They're extremely entertaining to watch and have a number of damgerous players including youngster Femi Azeez and the irrepressable John Swift, however, clean sheets are seemingly hard to come by. This could be another topsy-turvy affair.

Bugsy

Users who are viewing this thread