Maatsen 5
Sheaf 5
Allen 5
O'Hare 7
Waghorn 5
Gyokeres 6

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Harries11

Allen my mom. Big Vik a close second. Sheaf as poor as I’ve seen him. I think maybe gus makes him look good?

Allen man of match for me as well today. Surprised to see him rated so low, seemed to be everywhere for a good majority of the game. In regards to sheaf I thought he looked tired after 60 on tuesday at Cardiff and then the same again today, needs a bit of respite

fatso

Gyokeres is so important to us.
Great to see Tavares make his debut, hopefully he will get more game time.
JJ must be given a chance.
And Waghorn was fucking shit.
Hyam is the only one who can shoot straight.
The pitch is shit.
Delighted to get the win
Other than that it was a game to forget.

Brighton Sky Blue

Harsh to give low ratings to players who ideally would be getting rested but without anyone else to feature it’s kind of forced.

It was frustrating not particularly because of lack of effort or quality but most of them looked to be struggling through it soon after kick off.

Perhaps Hamer can reflect on the pile of needless bookings he’s picked up that contributed to this week’s difficulties.

SBT

Moore 6

Hyam 7
McFadzean 7
JCS 7

Kane 6 Off the pace recently
Sheaf 6 Too often careless with the ball, way beneath his recent high standards
Allen 6
Maatsen 7 Not much end product but worked so hard - can’t imagine Bidwell offering the same threat

O’Hare 7 MOTM God knows who’d create chances if not him

Waghorn 6 Never looked a goal threat but some occasional decent linkup play with Gyok
Gyokeres 7 A regular menace

Tavares 6 Standing ovation was hilarious, but as MR said, bizarrely it lifted the game
Dabo N/A

NorthernWisdom

Mostly average, however, with a stab at being Andy Turner...

Moore - 5 Not much to do, but a bit hesitant now and again, dodgy kick at some point. No chance at bumping rating up because I can't remember him having to stop anything!
Kane - 6 Didn't think he was too bad really. Showed for ball, was available.
Maatsen 7 Got up and down the line well, offered an outlet, needs to cross somewhere where the keeper isn't standing. Also, is it coaching that means he leaves the wide player until they get the ball, or lack of awareness? I'm leaning towards it being our tactics, but it always looks slightly odd. That said...

Central defence, all 7s, Hyam 8 for the goal. Actually I thought they weren't overly impressive, a few dodgy passes, letting Barnsley onto us but... did Barnsley really threaten? Ultimately, they did their job and did it well.

Allen 6 Showed for the ball well, some good interceptions, always buzzing at the back of people -a few misplaced passes from him though. Did chuckle at his volley that was hit so hard, the rebound off the defender went way past the halfway line, and then some.
Sheaf 5 One of his worse games for us. Similar passing issues to Allen, but without the mobility.Am guessing weather and pitch didn't help either of them.
O'Hare 8 One of his better recent games. His dribbles and through balls actually stuck more often than not, and he showed he can shoot! Now all he has to do is put it wide of the keeper...
Gyokeres 8 MOTM. Strength, skill (pulled the ball down dead once from the air) but seems to pick the wrong options half the time, shoots when he should pass, passes when he should shoot!
Waghorn 5 - OK, actually thought his shot was pretty good, provided some half decent link up play, but you can see he needs some games.

Tavares. Ran fast, shame nobody could keep the ball on the pitch when punting it over the defence's heads.

Overall. Actually thought we played pretty well, just not quite getting the final ball right. Barnsley were made to look very poor indeed.

stupot07

Some high marks for McFadzean, but for me he slowed us down so much especially in the first half. By the time we got it wide the press was already there. Some of his long range passing was laughable.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Adge

Some low scores for Maatsen. Thought he was reasonable and got better especially 2nd half.

TomS91

Pretty average all round. Thought the back 3 were solid enough - but untested really. Allen had a good second half, dreadful first. Sheaf sloppier than usual but probably knackered too. Wingbacks involved but not much end product. O’H same as ever busy but frustrating. Waghorn showed moments of quality, convinced he’ll come good. Gyok looks tired but did ok.

Old Warwickshire lad

Funny how we all see it differently, thought Allen was one of the better performers today. Can’t see what Kane offered, 99% of the ball he received went straight back to Hyam. Tired team performance, and Barnsley were not as bad as we expected.
Take the 3 points and move on.

Great_Expectations

Moore - 6 - didn’t have much to do, but flapped at a cross and really annoyed me when he hesitated a few minutes after Taveres came on when he could have released him one on one against their CB.

Kane - 4 - terrible. Didn’t rate him initially, then he grew on me, now he’s regressed massively. To be fair he looks like he’s playing with an injury. He sits so deep to receive the ball, then lost it the majority of the time.

Hyam - 7 - becoming a cult hero, rose with us from L2 to captaining us in the Champ. Composed finish and a solid Champ CB.

McFadzean - 7 - solid and a few good tackles, albeit on the ball wasn’t as good as usual.

JCS - 7 - reliable CB and happy to receive the ball at all times.

Maatsen - 7 - end product is sometimes questionable, but we’re a weaker team without him. His attacking impetus and confidence on the ball is massive.

Sheaf - 5 - massive Sheaf fan, but it was poor today. Looks tired and wouldn’t be surprised to see him rested next game for Hamer.

Allen - 7 - busy as always, and buzzed around off the ball. Also better on the ball as a whole. He isn’t a Championship regular but does offer something different with his energy.

COH - 8 - main attacking threat as always. Also got closer to scoring than usual, so hopefully the moaners will have nothing to criticise him for soon.

Gyokeres - 8 - worked hard and made it look easy at times when running with the ball. Faded as the game went on, but it’s expected as he’s gets through a lot of work. Pivotal to us.

Waghorn - 5 - poor touch, poor work rate and positioning. Don’t blame him nor am I writing him off; he’s needs game time.

Subs

Dabo - decent cameo

Taveres - wanted it over the top everytime and we didn’t successfully do it once. Looked better on the ball with his once touch to side step a defender than I thought. Keen to see him again against a tired defence with balls to run onto. He could be nothing ultimately but he’s our current third choice and offers something different so why not.

rob9872

Sloppy in possession, waggy disappointing, back 3 solid and Dom edges motm for finding the winner. JCS so vital and the most important signing we could make in the summer.

Mcbean

Thought Mattsen did a great deal of work - Gyok Diego the whole match with that 6’7 plank round his neck - think the ref only gave one foul on him

thekidfromstrettoncamp

Allen my mom , many times the pass to him in plenty of space would have been a much the better option but we had to keep trying the over the top ball which because of the height of their defence was wastefull. If we want to play to our front men we need a "Maddison" type player passing on the floor.I like my stricker to be greedy but thought Gyokeres(love the guy) could have passed more than once.O Hare class as usual.

clint van damme

Moore - 6 - didn’t have much to do, but flapped at a cross and really annoyed me when he hesitated a few minutes after Taveres came on when he could have released him one on one against their CB.

Kane - 4 - terrible. Didn’t rate him initially, then he grew on me, now he’s regressed massively. To be fair he looks like he’s playing with an injury. He sits so deep to receive the ball, then lost it the majority of the time.

Hyam - 7 - becoming a cult hero, rose with us from L2 to captaining us in the Champ. Composed finish and a solid Champ CB.

McFadzean - 7 - solid and a few good tackles, albeit on the ball wasn’t as good as usual.

JCS - 7 - reliable CB and happy to receive the ball at all times.

Maatsen - 7 - end product is sometimes questionable, but we’re a weaker team without him. His attacking impetus and confidence on the ball is massive.

Sheaf - 5 - massive Sheaf fan, but it was poor today. Looks tired and wouldn’t be surprised to see him rested next game for Hamer.

Allen - 7 - busy as always, and buzzed around off the ball. Also better on the ball as a whole. He isn’t a Championship regular but does offer something different with his energy.

COH - 8 - main attacking threat as always. Also got closer to scoring than usual, so hopefully the moaners will have nothing to criticise him for soon.

Gyokeres - 8 - worked hard and made it look easy at times when running with the ball. Faded as the game went on, but it’s expected as he’s gets through a lot of work. Pivotal to us.

Waghorn - 5 - poor touch, poor work rate and positioning. Don’t blame him nor am I writing him off; he’s needs game time.

Subs

Dabo - decent cameo

Taveres - wanted it over the top everytime and we didn’t successfully do it once. Looked better on the ball with his once touch to side step a defender than I thought. Keen to see him again against a tired defence with balls to run onto. He could be nothing ultimately but he’s our current third choice and offers something different so why not.

Not much to disagree with there

Skybluedownunder

We dominated the game but just can’t score for toffee.

Annoying seeing Cameron Archer keep banging them in for Preston

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rexo87

Sloppy in possession, waggy disappointing, back 3 solid and Dom edges motm for finding the winner. JCS so vital and the most important signing we could make in the summer.
Would have been so much better with Shipley starting hey Rob?

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

rexo87

Moore - 7 - untroubled but dealt with balls into the box well

Hyam - 8 - good defensive display + the goal. Will end up playing over 400 games for us and a statue.

Fadz - 7 - same as above without the goal. Passing could be better.

JCS - 7 - As above. Really hope we sign him. Having a left footed LCB is huge.

Kane - 5 - needs a rest, kept going well though.

Maatsen - 6 - average

Sheaf - 6 - average but has played so many games. Needs a rest but cant see who would come in with Kelly and Eccles out.

Allen - 7 - first half very frustrating. Didnt want to go forward and went back slowly to the back 3 all the time. So much better second half. Became the Allen we know he can be bursting forward with the ball. Hopefully he plays on Tuesday alongside Ohare in the 10.

Ohare -7 - let's cut him some slack. He's so so good. He will get a goal soon. Hit the ball quite well today. Just needs a bit of luck.

Vik - 6 - good first half. Fairly anonymous second. As per Sheaf, could do with a rest but no possibility of that.

Waggy - 5 - better second half but still disappointing. Hopefully just needs gametime.

Tav - 6 - looked lively. Good bit of skill on the left then a decent cross. Will get his chance in the next few weeks before Godden is back

Dabo - 6 - looked good but too little time to judge

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Disgruntled Sky Blue

Barnsley were much better organised than expected and seem to frustrate us without being a real goal threat. Their league position, our usual soft attempts at goal, and understandable fatigue suggested we would be sucker punched. The emotion around the stadium when Hyam put his chance away was mostly relief rather than joyful celebration.

The performance was ok but the 3 points vital to keep an interest in the season. Allen, Gyok, COH and Maatsen were the pick of the bunch for me but watching from the North Stand, the biggest annoyance was the passing to our wing backs. So often Maatsen had space in front of him but the pass was behind him or under hit killing forward momentum. The same for Kane who had the space but the ball was always laboured and slow getting to him. Just seems to me that should we quicken up passes to the wingbacks, and COH made better and quicker passing decisions when attacking the team would be far more effective.

Great to see Dabo and Tavares getting a run out - hopefully they will be a big positive in the run in

CCFCSteve

Surprised by some of the low scores and comments about Allen, I thought he was very good yesterday, tidying up and showing for the ball. He can be inconsistent but thought he was one of our better players yesterday with Vik and Ohare. Centre halves all solid enough as well but Barnsley were poor so not overly tested

Mcbean

Both their quick wingbacks had Mattsen and Kane pinned to the byline as soon as the ball came from Hyam or JCS - it was more fruitful when Fadz when straight up the middle and Managed to get the ball to OHare or Allen - saying that Mattsen had the better of it and more likely to get past the back line

SheafIsGod

Moore 6

Hyam 7
McFadzean 7
JCS 7

Kane 6 Off the pace recently
Sheaf 6 Too often careless with the ball, way beneath his recent high standards
Allen 6
Maatsen 7 Not much end product but worked so hard - can’t imagine Bidwell offering the same threat

O’Hare 7 MOTM God knows who’d create chances if not him

Waghorn 6 Never looked a goal threat but some occasional decent linkup play with Gyok
Gyokeres 7 A regular menace

Tavares 6 Standing ovation was hilarious, but as MR said, bizarrely it lifted the game
Dabo N/A
Why is a standing ovation for a substitute making his long-awaited debut ‘hilarious’?

Was yesterday your first game?

Users who are viewing this thread