Ratings thread (2 Viewers)

Grendel

Why is a standing ovation for a substitute making his long-awaited debut ‘hilarious’?

Was yesterday your first game?

it was pretty desperate

when Moore caught the ball the fans were screaming at him for taking too long and not banging it vaguely in his direction

CCFCSteve

it was pretty desperate

when Moore caught the ball the fans were screaming at him for taking too long and not banging it vaguely in his direction

haha, that was probably me…and when Ohara took ball out of defence and kept it too long…I was getting desperate 😊

SBT

Why is a standing ovation for a substitute making his long-awaited debut ‘hilarious’?

Was yesterday your first game?

It was hilarious that the biggest ovation I’ve seen for a player’s debut in years was for a kid from Rochdale with a handful of games in League One - was like Harry Kane was about to come on for us. The game almost became the Tavares Show after that for some people. I’m sure the wait for him to come on after he got stripped down was unbearable for you.

Nick

Administrator
It was hilarious that the biggest ovation I’ve seen for a player’s debut in years was for a kid from Rochdale with a handful of games in League One - was like Harry Kane was about to come on for us. The game almost became the Tavares Show after that for some people. I’m sure the wait for him to come on after he got stripped down was unbearable for you.
You really dislike him.

SBT

You really dislike him.

I dislike the unnecessary hype around a kid who shouldn’t be anywhere near our first team. It’s not a good thing that he was our first sub yesterday. I know for some people the excitement about seeing him in the flesh is more important to them though. I’ve got no problem with the guy himself - we have very little idea what he can actually offer, although his track record shouldn’t fill anyone with optimism.

Grendel

The wait was funny. Fans were screaming at robins i said I think Shipley is getting ready and probably coming on instead - chap in front went purple thought he was going into cardiac arrest

Guy behind is a resident racist who boos the knee taking (now he sees he gets some abuse fit that so dramatically stands and turns his back on it) and yet he also was going into some kind of epilepsy as if Eusebio was making an appearance

sylus

You really dislike him.

sounds like it.

I dislike the unnecessary hype around a kid who shouldn’t be anywhere near our first team. It’s not a good thing that he was our first sub yesterday. I know for some people the excitement about seeing him in the flesh is more important to them though. I’ve got no problem with the guy himself - we have very little idea what he can actually offer, although his track record shouldn’t fill anyone with optimism.

what a load rubbish, so who would you of brought on, Shipley or Bidwell , we needed an attacking threat.

SBT

what a load rubbish, so who would you of brought on, Shipley or Bidwell , we needeed an attacking threat.

Yes, we needed an attacking threat off the bench. Is it a good thing that our only option was Fabio Tavares?

PVA

Yes, we needed an attacking threat off the bench. Is it a good thing that our only option was Fabio Tavares?

We don't know yet. He didn't do anything wrong yesterday.

Clearly it'd be a problem if we were relying on him to start games regularly, but I think he's earned 10 mins off the bench.

SBT

Clearly it'd be a problem if we were relying on him to start games regularly, but I think he's earned 10 mins off the bench.

He didn’t do anything yesterday!

He hasn’t done much to earn a regular spot in the team beyond being the last man standing, but it looks like he’ll be coming off the bench most games now for the next month, so at least people have a reason to get excited. And I mean that respectfully, the atmosphere genuinely improved when he came on.

PVA

He didn’t do anything yesterday!

He hasn’t done much to earn a regular spot in the team beyond being the last man standing, but it looks like he’ll be coming off the bench most games now for the next month, so at least people have a reason to get excited. And I mean that respectfully, the atmosphere genuinely improved when he came on.

Did a couple of step overs and put a half decent cross in the one time he got the ball in a reasonable area.

I agree a lot of the hype is way over the top, but he deserves a chance and gives us something different to what we have.

Grendel

giphy.gif

Hertsccfc

Have you seen a lot of him? Not being facetious here just interested in why you feel that he shouldn’t be anywhere near the first team. I haven't seen him apart from a couple of u23 matches online where he looked OK, and in one match better than Walker, but as yet I don't have an opinion on him. I know some people do regularly see u23 matches and might therefore have an informed view.

Grendel

Oh you're right he should have done a couple of step overs, beat two men, and curled it in the top corner from 25 yards. My bad. He was shit.

Are you getting a bonus from Joy tomorrow?

Grendel

Is the Tavares Stepover™ the new ‘Giles run and cross against Rotherham’?

it wasn’t even the next Leigh Jenkinson

SBT

Have you seen a lot of him? Not being facetious here just interested in why you feel that he shouldn’t be anywhere near the first team. I haven't seen him apart from a couple of u23 matches online where he looked OK, and in one match better than Walker, but as yet I don't have an opinion on him. I know some people do regularly see u23 matches and might therefore have an informed view.

Yesterday was the first time I’ve ever seen him play. My opinion of him is entirely based on his track record, which speaks for itself. I’ve not heard anyone say he’s better than Walker before. That’s….surprising to me.

I think people would rightly be concerned if someone like Baka (who has a far superior track record) was our only striker option off the bench, but apparently Tavares gets even more benefit of the doubt. He even has his own song already apparently!

SBT

I agree with you that the hype is over the top.

I'm just saying that he's earned his chance and did nothing wrong when he came on so how about just give the kid a chance?

Ok, I’m sorry for only giving him a 6/10 on this thread and I promise not to show the same disrespect in future.

He’s worked very hard to make sure that Godden’s appendix burst and you have to give him credit where it’s due.

PVA

Ok, I’m sorry for only giving him a 6/10 on this thread and I promise not to show the same disrespect in future.

He’s worked very hard to make sure that Godden’s appendix burst and you have to give him credit where it’s due.

Still missing the point. What a waste of time.

Grendel

Still missing the point. What a waste of time.

I do regret having you in ignore for a while - you are such a genius

Sick Boy

His record compared to Walker’s at the same age says it all.

Users who are viewing this thread