Ratings thread (1 Viewer)

Ccfcisparks

he scored 6 for Stevenage in 1 season at 21?
Not sure where you are getting your stats from G as he only scored 3 for Stevenage. Tavares has only just turned 21 as well anyway. I'd argue before he turns 22 he will score more than 3 goals for someone.

Grendel

Grendel

It was 2 in the same season at port vale also scored for Burton

Grendel

So he did score 3 for stevenage and 1 in the EFL cup, by your own admission does not count to someones goals tally.

he scored for port vale and Burton before 21

Grendel

He scored 10 goals before his 21st birthday

SBT

Fun as this all is, it’s irrelevant because a 21 year-old Tyler Walker would have had little business playing for us in the Championship either.

Grendel

Hertsccfc

Yesterday was the first time I’ve ever seen him play. My opinion of him is entirely based on his track record, which speaks for itself. I’ve not heard anyone say he’s better than Walker before. That’s….surprising to me.

I think people would rightly be concerned if someone like Baka (who has a far superior track record) was our only striker option off the bench, but apparently Tavares gets even more benefit of the doubt. He even has his own song already apparently!
Just to be clear I didn't say he was better than Walker. I specifically said I have no opinion on him as I have no idea, having only seen bits online. Thanks anyway. Was just interested to know if anyone really had any informed insights into him as a player.

Sick Boy

What was the reaction from Rochdale fans to his departure? Presumably they were gutted as he’d have been a regular starter for them at that age, surely?

rexo87

I understand the hype given the amount of goals scored in 23’s. a lot of people don’t realise how poor that level is. What I don’t understand is people hating on him and saying he doesn’t deserve to be near the 1st team. He’s a talented young player and we have injuries and a lot of games in a short period of time. He has something a little bit different and I don’t see why any fans have a problem with him having 10 mins yesterday?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

fatso

I understand the hype given the amount of goals scored in 23’s. a lot of people don’t realise how poor that level is. What I don’t understand is people hating on him and saying he doesn’t deserve to be near the 1st team. He’s a talented young player and we have injuries and a lot of games in a short period of time. He has something a little bit different and I don’t see why any fans have a problem with him having 10 mins yesterday?

Agreed, we have a crisis of confidence in front of goal, so I don't see an issue with giving the lad some game time. Waghorn wasn't going to score in a month of Sundays and should of been dragged much sooner.

harvey098

Allen 8 MOTM
Gyok and Hyam 7
Rest 6’s

Difficult game with the conditions but scrapped away. We were poor as fans today too until towards the end.

steve101

Moore 6 (didn't have much to do but claimed a couple of high balls well. Uncharacteristically missed an opportunity to release Tavares after collecting a corner. We had a 2 v 2 opportunity. Tavares was looking for it and the crowd were screaming for it, but he rolled it out short)
Kane 6 (I remember one decent cross but not much else. He did make some decent interceptions but otherwise not great)
Maatsen 5 (his passing and crossing were very poor. Seemed to follow on from his Cardiff cameo)
Hyam 7 (tidy finish. Frustratingly slow with his distribution first half)
McFadzean 8 motm (made several solid tackles / blocks. Close to his best I thought)
Clarke-Salter 7 (pretty solid as usual)
Sheaf 5 (passing was poor and dwelled on the ball too often, not helped by a lack of communication from others)
Allen 7 (gave the ball away too much first half but thought he was really good in the second. He is more effective when we play with more urgency. Battled to the end with some decent hassling / challenges)
O'Hare 6 (can never fault work-rate but so often lost the ball or made poor decision. Near the end he came away with ball, had plenty of space and time. Tavares made some space, showed him where he wanted it, but O'Hare delayed and eventually fell over)
Waghorn 5 (just wasn't happening for him. Skewed a shot on his favoured left in first half and then should have scored with his right. His control wasn't great either)
Gyokeres 6 (worked tirelessly. Sometimes showed a delightful touch and other times it bounced off him or his cushioned header was more of a bullet one)

Tavares 6 (didn't have much to do but I thought his introduction lifted the crowd, which in turn lifted the players. I liked the way he was always shaping and anticipating)
Dabo 6 (even in the short time he was on he showed his quality with quick feet, keeping possession to wind down the clock)

Sick Boy

“Hating on him” 😂😂😂

steve101

Why is a standing ovation for a substitute making his long-awaited debut ‘hilarious’?

Was yesterday your first game?
Some of that was because we desperately needed fresh legs, Waghorn wasn't playing well, and Tavares was ready and stripped earlier, only to be told to sit down again and dressed. I think it was only Waghorn's miss that eventually prompted his introduction. Anyhow, what better way to welcome any player making his debut with an ovation. I am sure he will remember that.

cooperskyblue

Tavares may or may not ultimately be good enough. I'm glad he got some minutes yesterday, Waghorn looked very slow and lethargic and at the very least Tamara's did bring some pace and energy which we had been sorely lacking.

His record for the u23s for me warrants an opportunity, like Biamou last year he performed for the u23s and forced his way in.
Tavares is young, clearly still raw and needs further development but I hope he gets more time on the pitch to show what he can do. Particularly while Godden is still out.

Important 3 points, incredibly sloppy all round but we got there eventually.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Tavares may or may not ultimately be good enough. I'm glad he got some minutes yesterday, Waghorn looked very slow and lethargic and at the very least Tamara's did bring some pace and energy which we had been sorely lacking.

His record for the u23s for me warrants an opportunity, like Biamou last year he performed for the u23s and forced his way in.
Tavares is young, clearly still raw and needs further development but I hope he gets more time on the pitch to show what he can do. Particularly while Godden is still out.

Important 3 points, incredibly sloppy all round but we got there eventually.

I think the standing ovation for Tavares was more of a dig at Mark Robins for not playing him sooner.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Yes, we needed an attacking threat off the bench. Is it a good thing that our only option was Fabio Tavares?
No, but that doesn't chance the fact that due to luck and managerial decisions that's what we've been left with. If it's your only option that's what you've got.

If all you've got available to eat is cabbage are you going to choose to starve instead?

SBT

No, but that doesn't chance the fact that due to luck and managerial decisions that's what we've been left with. If it's your only option that's what you've got.

If all you've got available to eat is cabbage are you going to choose to starve instead?

No, but it’s a bit weird if I give the waiter a standing ovation when he brings it out, and then spend the rest of the weekend telling everyone how delicious cabbage can be.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

No, but it’s a bit weird if I give the waiter a standing ovation when he brings it out, and then spend the rest of the weekend telling everyone how delicious cabbage can be.
The reaction to the sub was OTT, but that wasn't the argument. The point was about what options there were.

How many people have been saying how great he was? I haven't seen anyone say that. He made himself available for the ball, tried to get on the end of a few punts upfield and put in one OK cross. Not a huge amount and certainly not enough to proclaim as the next great thing (even if he'd scored it'd have been silly to do that) but it's also not enough to say he's absolutely shit. Especially for a player you admit you'd never even seen play before yesterday.

Sick Boy

are we to feel guilty for supporting a player from our U23 side, because it might offend one or two on here, i sometimes find it hard to believe that we all support the same team.
The lauding of dross over the years makes me wonder too.

PVA

are we to feel guilty for supporting a player from our U23 side, because it might offend one or two on here, i sometimes find it hard to believe that we all support the same team.

You have to support them in the right way apparently. Cheer them a bit, but not too much.

Users who are viewing this thread