Match Thread Preston (2 Viewers)

Macca

Don't think we're ever going to compete financially so we just have to try and make it through this season and build from there, be it with Robins or somebody else. I'm pretty downhearted by the current form but then look at the league table and I'd take the league finishing tomorrow.

maybe Boris could sort it tomorrow 😊

mr_monkey

fair point
I’m just very disappointed. Beginning of this month I thought the corner was turned but it looks fairly bleak. I’m not sure the club as a whole is ready for this level and I just enjoy seeing us compete whatever league that is in. A drop down until we can compete financially may be right for us

What did you expect from this season? All that matters is that we stay up as that is the only way we start to get on a financial footing to compete in this league (as we aren't getting a sugar daddy) look at it long term, one season of this and when we stay up next season will look brighter

It's such a massive mindset change from the last few seasons I know but we need to stay up and so far on form we are doing that

Macca

What did you expect from this season? All that matters is that we stay up as that is the only way we start to get on a financial footing to compete in this league (as we aren't getting a sugar daddy) look at it long term, one season of this and when we stay up next season will look brighter

It's such a massive mindset change from the last few seasons I know but we need to stay up and so far on form we are doing that

My hope was that we would stay up nothing more. As I said though I’m happy for us to be in any league where we can compete and enjoy seeing my team win a few games and entertain. I’m not sure this league is that place on more recent form and current trend. Just my thoughts. I’m way past worrying about status

Sky Blue Harry H

This thread needs a 'don't worry, we'll be alright in the end' reassuring post, so this is it. It's a weird season in a weird year in a weird world, and by rights we should be in the bottom three, but we're not. Yet still we moan, without considering how we are doing better than we should be. Twas ever thus and will ever be. Goodnight all. Harry xx

larry_david

It's the overplaying that fucks me off. First half Allen played an1-2, got it back 10 yards out for a half volley and tried a through ball out wide to no one. I nearly smashed the fucking laptop. How do we have two AMs in Allen and o hare who are terrified of scoring

mr_monkey

My hope was that we would stay up nothing more. As I said though I’m happy for us to be in any league where we can compete and enjoy seeing my team win a few games and entertain. I’m not sure this league is that place on more recent form and current trend. Just my thoughts. I’m way past worrying about status

But recent form and trends has us mid table, which is above what you expected, yeah it's not pretty but it has been working. We do need to ensure though that tonight is a blip rather than a new trend and need Kelly, walker and marosi back asap

stevefloyd

We had a decent first half made 1 mistake and got punished, we are playing against a better calibre of players this season who can and will punish our mistakes, the 2nd half wasnt as good as the 1st half and you could see the gulf in class but its not massive and had we had a better cutting edge it could have been a different outcome but again a mistake led to another goal. Godden never really troubled their defence Hamer had a couple of half decent shots and errr that was about it.. O'hare gives you plenty of energy and wins a few free kicks but thats about it.
We need to do some business in the transfer window because we need more quality... Hamer is virtually on his own with only perhaps Dabo on his wavelength. Somehow we have to get some quality players in but we have way too many overheads of deadwood players, we are close but at the minute not close enough.

Brighton Sky Blue

We had a decent first half made 1 mistake and got punished, we are playing against a better calibre of players this season who can and will punish our mistakes, the 2nd half wasnt as good as the 1st half and you could see the gulf in class but its not massive and had we had a better cutting edge it could have been a different outcome but again a mistake led to another goal. Godden never really troubled their defence Hamer had a couple of half decent shots and errr that was about it.. O'hare gives you plenty of energy and wins a few free kicks but thats about it.
We need to do some business in the transfer window because we need more quality... Hamer is virtually on his own with only perhaps Dabo on his wavelength. Somehow we have to get some quality players in but we have way too many overheads of deadwood players, we are close but at the minute not close enough.

Find clubs for Kasta and Baka at a minimum, they are dead weights

Blind-Faith

I can’t really decide what I want , play good football like we did in the first half and get beat having a go, or park the bus like we have been doing , it’s pretty awful to watch but we keep getting points on the board every now and again.

AFCCOVENTRY

I know money and budget are an issue. But I’m now thinking our summer recruitment has been woeful and didn’t address key areas with the right quality. Bar Hamer and Leo (who’s not even ours) the rest have either not featured, injured or not up to the standard.

stupot07

Interesting stats...

Godden P13 W2 D3 L8 pts 9 ppg 0.69
No godden P9 W3 D5 L1 pts 14 ppg 1.55

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Skyblue_CP

I think some people are a bit guilty of still being high off the promotion.

If we don't pull our shit together then we are going to be scrapping in the bottom three in a matter of weeks from now.

Putting the white round thing into that netting between the big white pillars would be a start.

stupot07

Only 2 shots, a jamie Allen glancing header that went out for a throwing, and an O'Hare header that went miles over the ball, were anywhere near withing 16-17 yards of the goal today.
60665c7d2e52211d1d3ef59111380325.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

stay_up_skyblues

I also said luck will run out...

which it has

we was 4th in the form table a few weeks back look where we are now,couple more weeks you’ll see it tho

If we are lucky when we win/draw then by definition we are unlucky when we lose. Pointless terminology. We didn’t go eight unbeaten due to “luck” we did so because we set up defensively and dug in.

For me we should have done the same today but I don’t begrudge MR going more attacking. Hopefully if/when we shut up shop on Saturday and ideally grind out a point those insisting on Giles starting and/or playing two up top remember how it didn’t work second half tonight.

Don’t lose the next one and then go for the win V Wednesday at home.

skyblue025

What worries me is that if and when we do stay up (I think we will scrape it) I don't see it changing next season. Unless we get a return to the Ricoh and an average of 15k we are still going to have one of the lowest budgets next season. Players are going to want big increases in salary which limits the quality we can bring in. If 3 big clubs come up from league 1 it might be an even bigger struggle next year.

Johhny Blue

Frustrated & angry
Given the game away
Got to stop doing it
We were on top
Have to get the shot away
They couldn’t live with us
Gave them the goals
Not enough tackles or blocks
Played brilliant stuff
Caused them all sorts of problems
It’s a strange one