Match Thread Preston (3 Viewers)

shmmeee

Having watched every game this season I can't say I agree.
I think we're missing Kelly massively, and don't really have a backup. I don't hate Sheaf but he's not a Kelly replacement, he's more a Kelly complement.

We desperately need a tall target man type striker. Someone who can get a head on some of the crosses we put in.

Then an attacking midfielder. Seen nothing in Shipley or Allen to say they can make the step up to this level as anything more than emergency backup.

I think Allen has shown something last two games in a deeper role, but we need a replacement for O’Hare when he’s not on it. I’d be happy to see Bapaga get some time in that role at the tip of the diamond.

Agree about the target man, we get a lot of crosses into the box (34 today) but never look like doing anything with them.

Brighton Sky Blue

Frustrated & angry
Given the game away
Got to stop doing it
We were on top
Have to get the shot away
They couldn’t live with us
Gave them the goals
Not enough tackles or blocks
Played brilliant stuff
Caused them all sorts of problems
It’s a strange one
We should of won
Shouldn’t of even been a draw
At times breathtaking
We have to shoot more
Had a lot of the ball
They defended well

There'll be an interview with the Preston manager after he's finished laughing his arse off

Grendel

mark82

I think Allen has shown something last two games in a deeper role, but we need a replacement for O’Hare when he’s not on it. I’d be happy to see Bapaga get some time in that role at the tip of the diamond.

Agree about the target man, we get a lot of crosses into the box (34 today) but never look like doing anything with them.

Is that right? 34 crosses without really threatening the goal tells you what's needed.

Kieranp96

Fucking hell I've got you on one side saying 'You can't criticise' and procdoc on the other saying 'you never stop criticising'

All I've done is offered objective criticism but said if your reaction is to dump the club off then its unreasionable. Go on Facebook and ask to use the community braincell and you might process it given a week or two.
Didn't dump the club off, I said I wouldn't be buying this game, and guess what I didn't.

Macca

To be honest if there is no money to improve the squad then we are probably better off in league 1 from an enjoyment factor

Brighton Sky Blue

Didn't dump the club off, I said I wouldn't be buying this game, and guess what I didn't.

I will probably change my mind after calming down but no way do I want to pay another tenner for the next one. Life's stressful enough without those wasters blowing games

AFCCOVENTRY

Frustrated & angry
Given the game away
Got to stop doing it
We were on top
Have to get the shot away
They couldn’t live with us
Gave them the goals
Not enough tackles or blocks
Played brilliant stuff
Caused them all sorts of problems
It’s a strange one
We should of won
Shouldn’t of even been a draw
At times breathtaking
We have to shoot more
Had a lot of the ball
They defended well

Bloody hell...Robins went from one end of the spectrum to the other...lol

eastwoodsdustman

I broadly agree with Robins analysis tonight. We’ve played them off the park but gifted them 2 goals by getting caught in possession on the edge of our box. Second goal came from that too.
we also need to get some shots off instead of overplaying the ball.

Brighton Sky Blue

I broadly agree with Robins analysis tonight. We’ve played them off the park but gifted them 2 goals by getting caught in possession on the edge of our box. Second goal came from that too.
we also need to get some shots off instead of overplaying the ball.

From 60 minutes onwards we didn't look remotely like creating never mind scoring.

Kieranp96

I will probably change my mind after calming down but no way do I want to pay another tenner for the next one. Life's stressful enough without those wasters blowing games
As I said to you lot last time me and my brother rotate, still it's getting to the point where I would rather do something else.

Tartan Specials

It is weird being a championship club with 2 strikers most league 1 teams wouldn't even bother with. Need to upgrade ASAP.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
I get your frustration, but ultimately we have no funds. We have no ground and no source of revenue, to stay up this year would be a real achievement. We all know it's a bit dull to watch, but better than being at Yeovil! 😱

SeaSeeEffCee

It’s easy to dominate the game when you gift a goal to the opposition early on and they look happy to sit on their lead. We created nothing of note so on that basis we deserved to lose the game,

Johnnythespider

I can understand people saying we need a target man for all the crosses but a cross doesn't have to be hit in the air, if it's true that we've put 34 crosses in tonight, the problem might be that there aren't enough players in the box when it comes in, when a wingback like Dabo is in a position to cross there should be at least 2 midfielders in the box with the striker waiting.

Grendel

He isn't wrong with most of that commentary, we dominated the game but just didn't make anything of it and conceded only through two mistakes

We didn’t really force a save off the keeper - it was a thorn relegation year performance. Hold the ball hold the ball oh then let a goal in. Playing Wilson also is beyond bonkers. His career says everything about him

Users who are viewing this thread