Match Thread Preston (1 Viewer)

TomRad85

He is, the goal at Sheffield was primarily down to him and tonight he should have firstly not played us into trouble and then dealt with the ball that fell to his feet
I can only assume Camp has had a double arm amputation recently. If not I'm baffled that Wilson continues to get games.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Macca

But recent form and trends has us mid table, which is above what you expected, yeah it's not pretty but it has been working. We do need to ensure though that tonight is a blip rather than a new trend and need Kelly, walker and marosi back asap

but we haven’t scored for 4 games so feels more than a blip. Anyway in the spirit of positivity I’ll stop banging on and await 4 points from the next 3 games

stevefloyd

Been said on here that 2 up top is not working, it would if we had the right players and Baka and Max are not the right players, from what Ive seen of Walker so far I am not convinced he is either but hopefully he will prove me wrong when he gets back

Last edited:

clint van damme

Staying up is the goal but the Level of performance can’t be ignored

Do you think teams that just stay up generally perform well and play free scoring football?

There's a massive disconnect between your (and others) realistic expectation for the season and how that's actually achieved.

clint van damme

Been said on here that 2 up top is not working, it would if we had the right players and Baka and Max are not the right players, from what Ive seen of Walker so far I am not convinced he is either but hopefully he we prove me wrong when he gets back

There's no doubt that even though the jury is out on both Godden and Walker they are our best hope.
However, neither has been fit for more than a handful of games and Godden was clearly struggling last night and it's going to be some time until Walker is 100%.
It's a worry. Hopefully we can bring in a loanee in January

stevefloyd

There's no doubt that even though the jury is out on both Godden and Walker they are our best hope.
However, neither has been fit for more than a handful of games and Godden was clearly struggling last night and it's going to be some time until Walker is 100%.
It's a worry. Hopefully we can bring in a loanee in January
Lets hope we can, Robins loans have usually been better than our permanent signings so hopefully he still has a few contacts that can do us a favour or 2

Brighton Sky Blue

I appreciate we're on a very bad goalless run but 7 teams have scored less and 2 the same amount. It suits some people to ignore these facts.

PNE had conceded more than us before yesterday. We barely troubled the goalkeeper. It’s possible to be content with our current position whilst being concerned by the trend

clint van damme

PNE had conceded more than us before yesterday. We barely troubled the goalkeeper. It’s possible to be content with our current position whilst being concerned by the trend

I agree, unfortunately there are too many drama queens on this site who cherry pick the facts to suit there agenda of running down the manager and players.

Brighton Sky Blue

I agree, unfortunately there are too many drama queens on this site who cherry pick the facts to suit there agenda of running down the manager and players.

As bad as last night was it’s done, it’s gone and the one plus side of this fixture list is there’s an immediate chance to put it right soon. We’re going through the same difficulties we had in 18/19 by not effing shooting then conceding ridiculous goals at the other end.

Didn’t have ridiculous injury troubles then though.

clint van damme

As bad as last night was it’s done, it’s gone and the one plus side of this fixture list is there’s an immediate chance to put it right soon. We’re going through the same difficulties we had in 18/19 by not effing shooting then conceding ridiculous goals at the other end.

Didn’t have ridiculous injury troubles then though.

We also had players who were good enough for that league.
Some of the current squad aren't looking up to Championship football.

Brighton Sky Blue

We also had players who were good enough for that league.
Some of the current squad aren't looking up to Championship football.

Shipley looked like he wanted to be somewhere else from the moment he came on. Thing is we’d need him if we went down, it’s the complete wasters I want gone, starting with Baka and Kasta

clint van damme

Shipley looked like he wanted to be somewhere else from the moment he came on. Thing is we’d need him if we went down, it’s the complete wasters I want gone, starting with Baka and Kasta

One thing Grendel has consistently criticised Robins for is giving Baka a new contract and I think on balance he's right.
I've made the point he won't be on much money but with hindsight it would have been worth a punt on someone else. He's offered nothing this season.
He's not up to this level. I had hoped for him but he's not got it.
Really disappointed with Biamou last night as well.
After his best game for the club against Rotherham he's been poor.

Nick

Administrator
Biamou looked like he didn't really know what he was meant to be doing.

Was he meant to be behind Godden or deeper?

Nick

Administrator
He must know when the ball comes near you in the air your supposed to jump?

Yeah but none of the subs made any impact at all.

It was like they had just been told to go on and that was it. No real plan to it, no method to try and get back into the game.

Brighton Sky Blue

One thing Grendel has consistently criticised Robins for is giving Baka a new contract and I think on balance he's right.
I've made the point he won't be on much money but with hindsight it would have been worth a punt on someone else. He's offered nothing this season.
He's not up to this level. I had hoped for him but he's not got it.
Really disappointed with Biamou last night as well.
After his best game for the club against Rotherham he's been poor.

I agree Max has been frustrating to watch also. It puzzles me as in one game he showed he knew what he was meant to be doing and could do it effectively, then after that he’s kind of flailed around. Last night though even Godden looked like a spectator and he’s the best we’ve got.

clint van damme

I agree Max has been frustrating to watch also. It puzzles me as in one game he showed he knew what he was meant to be doing and could do it effectively, then after that he’s kind of flailed around. Last night though even Godden looked like a spectator and he’s the best we’ve got.

Godden is clearly not fit and unfortunately he's not good enough and this level to perform when he's not at his peak.
Wouldn't surprise me if he starts on the bench against Milwall.

Brighton Sky Blue

Godden is clearly not fit and unfortunately he's not good enough and this level to perform when he's not at his peak.
Wouldn't surprise me if he starts on the bench against Milwall.

If we start with Baka and Max we may as well not turn up. Then again if Godden isn’t match fit we have no choice. Simply put Joy needs to help us out, but probably won’t

clint van damme

If we start with Baka and Max we may as well not turn up. Then again if Godden isn’t match fit we have no choice. Simply put Joy needs to help us out, but probably won’t

If we're managing Godden through this injury we may have to rest him. Having said that he can have a couple of weeks off after Millwall anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread