Match Thread Preston V City - Tue 28th Feb - 19:45 (1 Viewer)

Brighton Sky Blue

All 4 shots on target were from way outside the box. We didn't have a single clearcut chance, where as Preston had 2.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
The stats might say that but Allen's first half was an excellent chance and Bidwell blasting over with most of the goal to aim at was similar.

lifeskyblue

Happy with point but not with shooting. How many times did we sky it.
Well done defence again…pretty comfortable clean sheet. They only had couple good chances

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brighton Sky Blue

BNC was decent on Saturday but today he looked fatigued from about 20 mins onwards. I'm amazed JB didn't come on at HT. BNC is 18 years old, he's going to be inconsistent and whether people like it or not, our model atm is to sign young players on loan to keep us in the Championship and fill in the gaps.

Sometimes they'll be outstanding, sometimes they will be shite and sometimes they'll be 7-10. I won't slate them for being inconsistent, BNC and JWE will go on to be decent players but for now they are inconsistent. As was Doyle at the start of the season and panzo.

Anyways enough waffle. Burroughs to start sat for me and on a side note, I agree with someone else above about Godden. He's not had a good full game for over a year I'd say
BNC and JWE are some of the last relics of the SISU era-scraping the barrel with raw loans to bulk out the squad

Skyblue_CP

I can’t really see what others do in Eccles, I feel for Hamer at the moment, feels like he’s single handedly trying to run the midfield. Eccles spends 80% hiding behind opposition players not wanting to receive the ball. Badly missing Sheaf to work with Hamer and regain some control in midfield.

Hertsccfc

All 4 shots on target were from way outside the box. We didn't have a single clearcut chance, where as Preston had 2, the fact they failed to hit the target from either of them let us off the hook.

Allen and Bidwell both had very clear chances. Allen in particular should have scored.

Londonccfcfan

Jack should start Saturday

same team otherwise

if we haven’t got Allen then god knows

Can that marco rus from the 21’s be any worse than JWE?
What is JWE best position? It's certainly not AM....at wing back? The guy cant tackle bottles it..he cant head it. And has no positional sense.

stupot07

BNC was decent on Saturday but today he looked fatigued from about 20 mins onwards. I'm amazed JB didn't come on at HT. BNC is 18 years old, he's going to be inconsistent and whether people like it or not, our model atm is to sign young players on loan to keep us in the Championship and fill in the gaps.

Sometimes they'll be outstanding, sometimes they will be shite and sometimes they'll be 7-10. I won't slate them for being inconsistent, BNC and JWE will go on to be decent players but for now they are inconsistent. As was Doyle at the start of the season and panzo.

Anyways enough waffle. Burroughs to start sat for me and on a side note, I agree with someone else above about Godden. He's not had a good full game for over a year I'd say
BNC was poor Saturday too. His best game by a mile was against Millwall, bar that he's been poor to average.

curly_tom

I must say that I thought BNC and JWE were very poor, every touch seems disappointing and crosses and shots were all weak or miles off target. I don't want to say that they are useless but neither is better than what we already had. Burroughs was much better when he came on.

Godden hasn't done a great deal for a long time, he got that cross last week but I didn't see him do a thing tonight. Walker similar really. Our fringe players aren't great so when we get injuries we struggle. Missing O'Hare and Palmer tonight and shame Allen went off as he was doing well.

Hamer was brilliant as usual ad Eccles decent I think.

We are still in with a chance of top six but we'll have to do better than tonight in most of our games coming up.

A forgettable game, take the point and on to Saturday

jordan210

Would have made more sense to stick BNC in the middle and just let him run.

Sky said JWE has a contract with Man City till 2027 !

fernandopartridge

There's a load of rubbish spouted on here.

Another clean sheet for the defence.

Not NC's best game but has looked good last few weeks.

WE is playing out of position.

Burroughs didn't really do anything when he came on.

We can't shoot.

Walker looked good, a lot of energy. Needs game time.

So much expected of Godden, he's just come back from injury and is not match fit.

Eccles tackles like Sheaf.
Burroughs heavily involved in one of the two good chances we had

Londonccfcfan

I'll be amazed if Burroughs doesn't start Saturday.
If Cuffy starts ahead of him then he must be on some sort of City pay if he doesn't play deal.
Thing is with Cuffy as least he has positional sense. Ie gets involved in the game. JWE..is clueless chases shadows.

Norton Cuffy I can see some positives. He has strength and tenacity (not skill) .

rexo87

There's a load of rubbish spouted on here.

Another clean sheet for the defence.

Not NC's best game but has looked good last few weeks.

WE is playing out of position.

Burroughs didn't really do anything when he came on.

We can't shoot.

Walker looked good, a lot of energy. Needs game time.

So much expected of Godden, he's just come back from injury and is not match fit.

Eccles tackles like Sheaf.
Agree with most of this but thought Burroughs looked sharp, but I do like BNC. Thought overall a really good hard earned point away from home at a ground we have a terrible record at. They had the 2 best chances so take it and move on

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Otis

All 4 shots on target were from way outside the box. We didn't have a single clearcut chance, where as Preston had 2, the fact they failed to hit the target from either of them let us off the hook.

That's not true is it?

Bidwell's, I'm sure was in the area and Allen's was definitely a clear cut chance. And certainly not way outside the area either.

ccfc_Tom

Really good performance from hamer, eccles, fadz and mcnally.

Their centre backs dominated vik.

Bidwell shocking in final third.

JWE just all round shocking. Howley surely is better.

Edit - burroughs did well when he came on. I would start him sat.

clint van damme

Walker getting criticized on CWR

classic when godden does fuck all

Walker got involved but he didnt do much of note.
Godden didn't do anything.
That's hy I said in another post I'd start JWE over the pair of them and play Vik up top on his own if Allen's not fit but we really are scraping the barrel.

stupot07

The stats might say that but Allen's first half was an excellent chance and Bidwell blasting over with most of the goal to aim at was similar.
This is the xG of the game.
2ddb0cae1698cf214f8a3b241a3fffa8.jpg

Hertsccfc

That's not true is it?

Bidwell's, I'm sure was in the area and Allen's was definitely a clear cut chance. And certainly not way outside the area either.
To be fair he said all shots on target were outside the box. Bidwell's certainly wasn't on target!

larry_david

Let’s wait until September 1st before we believe that shall we
BNC might not be outstanding eveey game but Arsenal trusted us with a player who has won the euros u19s with England. Man City too. Whether its cheap by sisu or not, if we start turning down the chances to have these players we will be in trouble. Every club has them. Preston have someone from man utd and Everton today.

Sunderland had a few the other day

Ashdown

Walker will be gone in the close season and I’m not sure the Premiership youth kids will be here too . None good enough ….They will all be out the door just after Maguire

rexo87

Slating on BNC and JWB is ridiculous imo. BNC has been pretty good in majority of games, yes he wasn't as effective tonight but he's been twice the player Dabo has been this season. JWB looked good in his 2 starts especially the Luton game. He's being asked to play a position he has no idea how to play because we have no other options. Cut them some slack. Both will be very good footballers

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread