Player Ratings (1 Viewer)

Grendel

Because it would be interesting to note if McNulty's goals from open play drying up have coincided with Biamou's absence.

See my post above it’s irrelevant. He should have scored yesterday but missed chances.

It’s a bit like saying Jack Findh was our best player last season and should have played every game.

Grendel

I just think it is worth looking at.

JCH, goal apart, was very poor yesterday.

Still a player defenders have to be aware of at all times

harvey098

There’s no question that we play better as a team with Biamou, anyone that has an ounce of football knowledge will see that.

I’ve been really impressed with Haynes since he’s come back in the fold but yesterday was his worst game for some time.

Nobody played particularly well yesterday.

Grendel

There’s no question that we play better as a team with Biamou, anyone that has an ounce of football knowledge will see that.

I’ve been really impressed with Haynes since he’s come back in the fold but yesterday was his worst game for some time.

Oh dear.

Terry Gibson's perm

You would need to look at the goals scored as a pair rather than in isolation as Mcnulty wasn’t going to keep scoring as he was anyway.

Biamou will never miss many chances as he is never in the right place to do it

Garryb80

Since Clarke-Harris started games at Brighton we have won 2 drawn 1 and lost at Brighton with him scoring 3 goals. Not sure how your 'we play better with Biamou' argument stacks up really. Clearly though im running at empty in the ounces of football knowledge stakes.

Garryb80

Don’t get so bitter Gary , and if it’s alright with you I’ll stick to watching football. I did say that it’s the first time I’d seen him . Apart from the goal I didn’t see him add anything . Mind you ,if he’s shit for 85 minutes and scores a goal in every game ,play him I’d say.Seems to Spend a lot of time on his arse.
By all means continue watching just don't expect people who understand football to listen to your opinions. I notice you haven't mentioned anything that Biamou has done in his masses of games to back up your original comment either.

Esoterica

We've scored 5 goals in 6 league games of which 3 were penalties and one was a goalkeeping mistake. The only thing that's being proven is how devoid of creativity we are again since we returned to 2 DMs. Realistically Biamou or JCH makes no difference to how well we play when the mindset is to get to half time not losing. JCH however looks more likely to nick a goal from a half chance so suits Robins tactics better.
The half time tables make grim reading, especially away, which is symbolic of our ambitions. The tactics over the course of the season leave us too much to do in the second half of games to win consistently and is ultimately the difference between autos and scrapping for play offs.
upload_2018-3-11_16-50-43.png

clint van damme

We've scored 5 goals in 6 league games of which 3 were penalties and one was a goalkeeping mistake. The only thing that's being proven is how devoid of creativity we are again since we returned to 2 DMs. Realistically Biamou or JCH makes no difference to how well we play when the mindset is to get to half time not losing. JCH however looks more likely to nick a goal from a half chance so suits Robins tactics better.
The half time tables make grim reading, especially away, which is symbolic of our ambitions. The tactics over the course of the season leave us too much to do in the second half of games to win consistently and is ultimately the difference between autos and scrapping for play offs.
View attachment 9238

do half time tables have much relevance though?
Accrington 5th and 10th but top of the actual table so I'm not sure what they prove.

harvey098

Since Clarke-Harris started games at Brighton we have won 2 drawn 1 and lost at Brighton with him scoring 3 goals. Not sure how your 'we play better with Biamou' argument stacks up really. Clearly though im running at empty in the ounces of football knowledge stakes.

Not great at reading either. There is a difference between performance and results. At Wycombe we didn’t look like scoring until after he went off, Biamou changed that game. Yesterday against bottom of the league we played terribly. McNulty and JCH too far apart from each other, no link up play between them. I’d keep him in the team because he’s scoring but we have played shocking since he’s come in.

steve82

Burge 7 MOTM
Grimmer 5.5
Hyam 6
McDonald 6
Haynes 5.5
Bayliss 4
Kelly 5.5
Doyle 5.5
Reid 5
McNulty 5.5
Clarke-Harris 5.5

Subs
Barratt 5.5
Biamou 5.5

Not a great game by any means. Barnet could of scored themselves if they had more luck or Burge not been on form. Luckily for us tho 3 ugly points taken and rounded off a good day for my son who was a mascot. A great experience

Irish Sky Blue

Performances have been no better than the loss at Forest Green. Arguably we played better than we have in the last few games at Colchester and lost. (The performance against Accrington was the worst of the season in my opinion as we didn’t even compete). I think we have battled in the last three games but have shown little quality. The football we have played in the last two games has been poor. I am not blaming JCH for that because, as others have said, I think he has had little service, just like Biamou before him. You have to hope we raise our game for Luton on Tuesday.

Grendel

Not great at reading either. There is a difference between performance and results. At Wycombe we didn’t look like scoring until after he went off, Biamou changed that game. Yesterday against bottom of the league we played terribly. McNulty and JCH too far apart from each other, no link up play between them. I’d keep him in the team because he’s scoring but we have played shocking since he’s come in.

How did Biamou change the game? What did he do? The penalty was the only shot we had in the game wasn’t it?

Grendel

View attachment 9238

You are far too obsessed with statistical data and making basic assumptions from them.

Irish Sky Blue

How did Biamou change the game? What did he do? The penalty was the only shot we had in the game wasn’t it?
We certainly looked more of a threat when he came on at Wycombe. He did more in his few minutes on the pitch than JCH did in the rest of the game. I am not having a go at JCH but I would like to see more impact on games as well as his goals.

Reactions: JWC

Esoterica

You are far too obsessed with statistical data and making basic assumptions from them.
And you at making outlandish statements that cannot be proven one way or another, for many years, if ever under the false pretence of then being 'right' about everything.

Grendel

And you at making outlandish statements that cannot be proven one way or another, for many years, if ever under the false pretense of then being 'right' about everything.

Making an observation that a striker who has scored one league goal in 2,000 minutes of league football is rubbish isn’t outlandish. Trying to say he is worth a place in the squad based on that is the outlandish remark

Grendel

We certainly looked more of a threat when he came on at Wycombe. He did more in his few minutes on the pitch than JCH did in the rest of the game. I am not having a go at JCH but I would like to see more impact on games as well as his goals.

So give some examples of what he did?

Esoterica

Making an observation that a striker who has scored one league goal in 2,000 minutes of league football is rubbish isn’t outlandish. Trying to say he is worth a place in the squad based on that is the outlandish remark
I'm not saying that. I'm saying we don't play any better with either him or JCH in the side because of the negative tactics we utilise. The assumption is not based on the stats, it's based on my observations of our performances, particularly in the first half of matches and especially away from home. The stats I shared just back that up.

Grendel

I'm not saying that. I'm saying we don't play any better with either him or JCH in the side because of the negative tactics we utilise. The assumption is not based on the stats, it's based on my observations of our performances, particularly in the first half of matches and especially away from home. The stats I shared just back that up.

Yesterday we had three pretty easy goal scoring chances

lifeskyblue

Yesterday we had three pretty easy goal scoring chances

Throughout the season we have missed numerous good chances. Early part of season ‘fans’ were calling for mcNulty’s head for the amount of good opportunities he squandered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Garryb80

We played very well at mansfield and jch in particular. He scored the equaliser themnyesterday the winner. 4 points won through his goals. So we played shocking in 1 game since he came in. Hoe many times were we equally as poor with biamou? I couldnt care less about performance if we get results and the facts are since jch started league games we have won 2 drew 1 lost 0. I rest my case.

Buster

By all means continue watching just don't expect people who understand football to listen to your opinions. I notice you haven't mentioned anything that Biamou has done in his masses of games to back up your original comment either.

Thanks Gary

Sky Blue Harry H

[QUOTE="Covstu, post: 1495932, member: 200

Robins 6 it’s a win but would have liked us to have gotten a goal earlier in the first half and take the game to them, we didn’t do this today and can see a carbon copy performance against Luton which probably won’t work[/QUOTE]

Have to say, that was one of my first thoughts/worries after the game

PUSB92

Burge 6 made two good saves kicks poor.
Grimmer 5 did well with the goal but otherwise poor.
McDonald 5 where is the player we had at the beginning of the season. Tried several times to set Barnet up.
Hyam 6 Didn't do anything wrong but didn't dominate at all.
Haynes 3 absolutely awful. Out of position continually scared to tackle. Bring back Stokes.
Bsyliss 4 Again really poor looked to be blowing out if his arse for the last 20 minutes. Needs to play in the correct position.
Kelly 4 What exactly does he offer? Can he pass the ball forward.
Doyle 6 Broke up their play well but distribution poor.
Reid 6 Best player in the first half by a distance. Surprised he was taken off as he seems the only one who can create.
McNulty 5 Lots of running around reminded me of his performances early in the season. Lucky assist as his shot was going now a wide.
JCH 5 Other than score the goal was poor. Surely though we are better playing the ball on the floor to him or in the channels he didn't win the ball in the air.
Robins 5 result saved him. The game was awful, no game plan got a lucky goal from a miss hit shop.
Did you go to Wycombe away Tuesday?

Have you seen Stokes this season?

Irish Sky Blue

We played very well at mansfield and jch in particular. He scored the equaliser themnyesterday the winner. 4 points won through his goals. So we played shocking in 1 game since he came in. Hoe many times were we equally as poor with biamou? I couldnt care less about performance if we get results and the facts are since jch started league games we have won 2 drew 1 lost 0. I rest my case.
The problem is that performances do matter. The games against Forest Green, Colchester, Wycombe and Barnet have all been “toss of a coin games”, games that could have gone either way, with two going against us and two for. We need to be better than other teams, not just the same as they are. If we play like we did in the games mentioned above we are likely to lose as many as we win and that could mean we miss out on the play offs.
I also go to games to be entertained. I want to see exciting attacking football from us. Too many games this season have been poor on quality, and low on excitement.
I am not really having a go at Robins or JCH. But I think performances from the latter and the team in general have got to be better or we will be visiting FG again next season

Grendel

Held the ball up well, won headers, brought others into play. All the things he has done well for most of the season.

So didn’t help create a single opportunity or have a shot himself then

Users who are viewing this thread