Player Ratings (1 Viewer)

JWC

If you set the bar so low even winning a header (even if it goes nowhere) is an improvement.

There is no improvement.

LOL. Scoring two goals is a definite improvement on scoring no goals.

This is fun.

Buster

Burge - Saves 8 - Distribution 3
Defence 4 - Nothing really to do but they still let them have loads of shots. All over the place most the time no structure.
Midfield 4 - Offer nothing and passing was terrible. Reid 7 for effort. Bayliss was on empty for last 20 minutes and not replaced.
Attack 5 - Fed absolutely nothing but offered nothing when they got it. Great ball for the goal but why celebrate it like a golden goal and get a yellow card?

Overall the players didn't seem to know their job. Going for the same ball and leaving loads of spaces for their players all over the pitch.
Barnet were poor and we made them look a good side.
Abysmal viewing for fans. Only good thing about the game was the result.
Hanging in their at the moment but things need to improve.

Dead right. A dire performance with perhaps a small part of that due to the conditions. First time I’ve seen JCH and thought he looked like a step back from Biamou . Something def not right with the midfield ,out of position or shape ?
Solo players like Reid and Jones are are ok if they get the killer ball in ,Reid hardly ever does . Took the grandkids again . A win is good but even they know the football is bad .

Grendel

Dead right. A dire performance with perhaps a small part of that due to the conditions. First time I’ve seen JCH and thought he looked like a step back from Biamou . Something def not right with the midfield ,out of position or shape ?
Solo players like Reid and Jones are are ok if they get the killer ball in ,Reid hardly ever does . Took the grandkids again . A win is good but even they know the football is bad .

A step back from biamou

Ha ha ha ha ha.

Garryb80

If you honestly think he is a step back from Biamou I suggest you find another sport to watch. He offers far more than Biamou, namely goals! 3 in 7 appearances which matches Biamous impressive 3 in 37 appearances. If you can name a single attribute that Biamou is better at I would be amazed.

Garryb80

Haynes significantly worse than everyone else? Ok then. You are hilariously pig-headed when it comes to certain players.
Not significantly worse than others but he was woeful. Along with Bayliss they both had awful games and I would drop both for Tuesday.

SBAndy

Not significantly worse than others but he was woeful. Along with Bayliss they both had awful games and I would drop both for Tuesday.

But Grendel has highlighted him as having a particularly bad game compared to everyone else. It’s bullshit. Not arguing that he played well, but he certainly didn’t stand out as being worse than anyone else. I’d have said JCH and Bayliss were worse than him for example.

covcity4life

Jch is scoring goals so be should start aheas of biamou

That said he had a terrible game yday bar the goal. Nothing stuck to him at all

Grendel

But Grendel has highlighted him as having a particularly bad game compared to everyone else. It’s bullshit. Not arguing that he played well, but he certainly didn’t stand out as being worse than anyone else. I’d have said JCH and Bayliss were worse than him for example.

He was worse then the other defenders who themselves were poor. JCH scored the winner and did more uk that minute than Haynes did all game.

I think he put one cross in from an attacking perspective and one that went into row Z

Haynes managed to make their winger look like Ronaldo which I’m sure he isn’t

clint van damme

If you honestly think he is a step back from Biamou I suggest you find another sport to watch. He offers far more than Biamou, namely goals! 3 in 7 appearances which matches Biamous impressive 3 in 37 appearances. If you can name a single attribute that Biamou is better at I would be amazed.

Biamou would not have lost the aerial duel like JCH did.
I prefer JCH to Max but he won very little in the air yesterday.

Last edited:

Terry Gibson's perm

Would Biamou have been in that position to score the winner I would guess looking at his record no, so he would have won lots of headers ran around a lot and we would have drawn nil nil

Garryb80

Except JCH wasn't worse than him. I am constantly reading Haynes is 'good going forward' but the truth is he cant defend well and didn't offer anything in their half. Therefore he wasn't effective at all. With Reid in front of him we need a more defensive player therefore Stokes should come back in.

Buster

Don’t get so bitter Gary , and if it’s alright with you I’ll stick to watching football. I did say that it’s the first time I’d seen him . Apart from the goal I didn’t see him add anything . Mind you ,if he’s shit for 85 minutes and scores a goal in every game ,play him I’d say.Seems to Spend a lot of time on his arse.

Otis

Jch is scoring goals so be should start aheas of biamou

That said he had a terrible game yday bar the goal. Nothing stuck to him at all
He was very poor. Looks like he was running through treacle for the most part.

Without his goal his rating would surely have been around 4 tops.

Sky Blue Pete

Don’t get so bitter Gary , and if it’s alright with you I’ll stick to watching football. I did say that it’s the first time I’d seen him . Apart from the goal I didn’t see him add anything . Mind you ,if he’s shit for 85 minutes and scores a goal in every game ,play him I’d say.Seems to Spend a lot of time on his arse.
Yep absolutely but to make out Biamou has no merit is so unfair. Not that you did

Liquid Gold

You get Biamou on the pitch because he will hold the ball up and give McNulty the opportunity to score, not necessarily score himself.

I’d have taken Bayliss and Reid off for Shipley and Biamou and gone 4-3-3 after about an hour yesterday.

Nick

Administrator
You get Biamou on the pitch because he will hold the ball up and give McNulty the opportunity to score, not necessarily score himself.

I’d have taken Bayliss and Reid off for Shipley and Biamou and gone 4-3-3 after about an hour yesterday.
Shipley was injured I think

Could have put bayliss back in midfield

speedie87

This biamou wins everything in the air myth really does need ending. Even if he gets his head on something it is literally just that, he gets his head on it, there is no looking around guiding the header where it needs to go

Dion Dublin was winning everything in the air

Grendel

Biamou would not have lost the aerial duel like JCH did.
I prefer JCH to Max but he won very little in the air yesterday.

Biamou never wins aerial duals - another urban myth.

clint van damme

This biamou wins everything in the air myth really does need ending. Even if he gets his head on something it is literally just that, he gets his head on it, there is no looking around guiding the header where it needs to go

Dion Dublin was winning everything in the air

not one post on this thread has said Biamou wins everything in the air. The "myth" is in your head!

Grendel

Biamou never holds the ball up and is useless with his back to goal

Another urban myth.

Irish Sky Blue

I thought JCH had a really good game at Brighton but have been disappointed with his performances since. The one area in which he is an improvement on Biamou is in goal scoring. For this I would keep him in the team ahead of Max. I don’t think he is as good in the air or with the ball at his feet as Biamou. I don’t think he holds the ball up as well. However, he does look more likely to score a goal so I would keep him in at the moment. If this level of performance continues do we sign him for next year?

Grendel

Would Biamou have been in that position to score the winner I would guess looking at his record no, so he would have won lots of headers ran around a lot and we would have drawn nil nil

No he’d be lumbering around the penalty spot doing nothing

Grendel

I thought JCH had a really good game at Brighton but have been disappointed with his performances since. The one area in which he is an improvement on Biamou is in goal scoring. For this I would keep him in the team ahead of Max. I don’t think he is as good in the air or with the ball at his feet as Biamou. I don’t think he holds the ball up as well. However, he does look more likely to score a goal so I would keep him in at the moment. If this level of performance continues do we sign him for next year?

Incredible. Biamou is useless in the air, can’t hold the ball up and is non existent in the penalty area.

Defenders know they’ve been in a game with Clarke Harris. With Biamou they can get the pipe and slippers out for 90 minutes.

Liquid Gold

I’d like to know how many McNulty has scored playing with Biamou and how many when he’s not in the side if anybody can be bothered to look it up.

Grendel

I’d like to know how many McNulty has scored playing with Biamou and how many when he’s not in the side if anybody can be bothered to look it up.

Why, he may have scored more or may have scored less - either way it’s nothing to do with Biamou and his lumbering (lack of) presence.

Of course you wanted him on at half time yesterday - lol

JWC

Me too. McNulty’s good run came playing alongside Biamou, didn’t it?

Saying he offers nothing is wrong to me. Even after JCH came in he still has something to offer. He changed the game for the better when he came on against Wycombe recently and contrary to what some people say, he does win aerial battles. He did it yesterday and held the ball up well too with some nice touches.

Or if you’re someone who just picks out players and fails to see their positives, he’s shit and offers nothing. Seems like a fun game to play.

Grendel

Was thinking the exact same thing.

Why? He’s featured in 30 league games. So has only not featured in a tiny handful,

I see the team he left aren’t exactly missing him either.

Grendel

Yesterdays game shows why that statistic is an irrelevance.

McNulty has two real good chances and missed both. It was nothing to do with who else was on the pitch at the time.

With Clarke Harris there is a chance of promotion as he has some prescience and defenders will be aware of him. Without him we would be dead in the water as we were relying on McNulty creating chances for himself and scoring a high proportion.

Otis

Why? He’s featured in 30 league games. So has only not featured in a tiny handful,

I see the team he left aren’t exactly missing him either.
Because it would be interesting to note if McNulty's goals from open play drying up have coincided with Biamou's absence.

Users who are viewing this thread