Player Ratings (1 Viewer)

Covstu

[QUOTE="Covstu, post: 1495932, member: 200

Robins 6 it’s a win but would have liked us to have gotten a goal earlier in the first half and take the game to them, we didn’t do this today and can see a carbon copy performance against Luton which probably won’t work

Have to say, that was one of my first thoughts/worries after the game[/QUOTE]
I think this was frustrates me most, we have two decent strikers but generally wait for them to make th first move. Would love us to take the game to teams score one or two then we can sit back a wee bit. Hate chasing games or needing a goal with 20 to go like saturday

SlowerThanPlatt

McNulty goal every 174 minutes in the league
Biamou goal every 1693 minutes in the league
Clarke-Harris goal every 154 minutes in the league

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
Proves nothing.
Wrong, it proves that his shooting is shit and that's why JCH is starting, MB, effort, running, improving but wont hit a barn door on a regular basis if it was covering half the pitch.
Not that I think JCH is quality but Saturdays goal, he reacted, MB wouldn't have as evidenced in all previous games bar 2

SlowerThanPlatt

Actually it’s 39 shots in Biamou’s 4 starts and 31 for Clarke Harris. Clarke Harris has scored 3 goals in that time and Biamou has scored none. Clarke Harris games were also against a Premier League side and a team we played 75 mins against with 10 men

To be honest I’ve never seen such a poor and limited player get so much support in my time supporting CCFC. If he was a youngster making his way and still had a lot of development to go then maybe I could understand but he’s 27. I watched an interview with a Rio Ferdinand a few weeks back (his book is also very good) and he said if a players main attribute/selling point is that he works hard that’s just a nice way of saying he isn’t very good.

The likes of Murphy, Maddison and more recently Nazon were widely criticised for being laid back and not working hard enough but they’re game changers and why they’re playing at a higher level than us.

Goals and individual quality change/win games. Not hard work.

Here’s the link to Ferdinand’s interview:

Last edited:

Grendel

My original comment was that we play better with Biamou, that was opinion but the fact is that we have more shots as a team with Biamou playing.

Which proves nothing - players are going to take more pot shots from distance if there’s no decent target man in the area.

SlowerThanPlatt

Yeah that Kante is shit isn't he.

Kante plays for one of the top teams in in the Premier League and his country. He is also one of the best holding midfielders in the world in my opinion.

Biamou is a striker in League 2 who has scored 1 league goal all season

Kantes main attribute isn’t that he works hard. He’s in the team because he breaks down attacks (which is a skill) and then drives through the midfield (also a skill) before releasing the ball to Chelsea’s attackers. There was a game against Liverpool last season where he made 14 successful tackles which was the most ever in a PL game I think, he’s an incredible player and every team in England would take him in their squad

Terry Gibson's perm

Kante plays for one of the top teams in in the Premier League and his country. He is also one of the best holding midfielders in the world in my opinion.

Biamou is a striker in League 2 who has scored 1 league goal all season

Kantes main attribute isn’t that he works hard. He’s in the team because he breaks down attacks (which is a skill) and then drives through the midfield (also a skill) before releasing the ball to Chelsea’s attackers. There was a game against Liverpool last season where he made 14 successful tackles which was the most ever in a PL game I think, he’s an incredible player and every team in England would take him in their squad

He would get into any team in Europe I think he is far better than the cheat Busquets at Barcelona

Mucca Mad Boys

do half time tables have much relevance though?
Accrington 5th and 10th but top of the actual table so I'm not sure what they prove.

The pertinent point was about our tactics. Without a doubt, wherever we end up, there will be a massive ‘what if?’ The reason being is that we lost or drew far too many games against teams you’d consider ‘weak’ in the division, losses to; FGR x2, Yeovil, Morecambe, Port Vale, Cambridge, Colchester (+ arguably Newport) and draws to Chesterfield and Barnet. 6 of the aforementioned were losses and two more draws contribute to 23rd place in the ‘Half Time Table’.

Mucca Mad Boys

My original comment was that we play better with Biamou, that was opinion but the fact is that we have more shots as a team with Biamou playing.

JCH has made about 6 starts, compared to Biamou’s 20-30. How you think you can actually make the statement ‘we play better with Biamou’ with the confidence you have, is beyond me.

Forget the amount of shots or whatever we’ve had in Biamou’s last 4 games, here’s some colder facts:

Biamou’s last 5 league games: W2 L3 - 6pts GD 0

JCH only 5 league starts: W3 D2 - 11pts GD +3

Goals: JCH 3 - Biamou 0
Assists: JCH 1 - Biamou 1

McNulty also assisted JCH.

wingy

The pertinent point was about our tactics. Without a doubt, wherever we end up, there will be a massive ‘what if?’ The reason being is that we lost or drew far too many games against teams you’d consider ‘weak’ in the division, losses to; FGR x2, Yeovil, Morecambe, Port Vale, Cambridge, Colchester (+ arguably Newport) and draws to Chesterfield and Barnet. 6 of the aforementioned were losses and two more draws contribute to 23rd place in the ‘Half Time Table’.
Hopefully this will be suitably rectified on current form and seasons end .

ccfcway

here’s some colder facts:

Biamou’s last 5 league games: W2 L3 - 6pts GD 0
JCH only 5 league starts: W3 D2 - 11pts GD +3

Goals: JCH 3 - Biamou 0
Assists: JCH 1 - Biamou 1

McNulty also assisted JCH.

its black and white for me

if we had JCH all season, we would be top 3 now.

Grendel

Ifs and buts we only had Biamou and he bust a gut.

No argument who is the most effective no need for vitriol

He’s paid a wage and he has failed in his brief.

Mucca Mad Boys

its black and white for me

if we had JCH all season, we would be top 3 now.

I’m going to consistent and say ‘it’s only 5 games’ we can’t really tell. One thing is for sure, he clearly offers a potent attacking threat and offers another outlet other than McNulty. Something we’ve missed since Jones, Nazon and Andreu got injured or left the club.

Our biggest lost this season was Jodi Jones - a dead cert for player of the season.

Last edited:

ccfcway

—————————-O’Brien——————————-
Grimmer—--Willis———-——McDonald——Stokes
——————-Doyle———-Bayliss————————
—————————Andreu——————————-
———-Jones—————————-McNulty————
—————————JCH————————————

Imagine !

shmmeee

—————————-O’Brien——————————-
Grimmer—--Willis———-——McDonald——Stokes
——————-Doyle———-Bayliss————————
—————————Andreu——————————-
———-Jones—————————-McNulty————
—————————JCH————————————

Imagine !

Still prefer my diamond midfield for that team, which I agree would have been amazing.

Doyle
Bayliss Andreu
Jones
JCH McNulty

Users who are viewing this thread