Petition SISU to sell the club (1 Viewer)

skybluejelly

Ikeep hearing about fan ownership but I just think that people haven't thought it through. The problem is that it's not a couple of thousand fans paying £20 a year.
Either we need some millionaire backers who will fund the losses or we expect let's say 2.5k members which is optimistic given trust membership which is £1 full stop.
The club loses £2m per year (no, we are not sustainable) so that means each member has to provide 50k PER YEAR to keep us going. As we lose so much cash we'd need 100,000 people putting in £20 a year. Dream on.

Let's face it; we need people with deep pockets. Joy has deep pockets herself but seems her arms are shrinking.
well I hope you are not doing the accounts if we are fan owned ...£2000000 divided by 2500 equals £800.each .......we would raise £125,000,000 @£50,000 :)

Skyblueweeman

The Telegraph need to keep pushing this on a daily basis and raising awareness. I think our last petition had about 20k signatures. This needs to triple that at least to have any chance of being noticed by SISU.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
The Telegraph need to keep pushing this on a daily basis and raising awareness. I think our last petition had about 20k signatures. This needs to triple that at least to have any chance of being noticed by SISU.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sadly, they won't give a shit about a random online petition alongside tampon taxes etc etc.

Skyblueweeman

Sadly, they won't give a shit about a random online petition alongside tampon taxes etc etc.

Jesus Christ Nick, I've watched many have a go at you recently and thought 'meh' but sort yourself out man.

The petition was STARTED by them. To say they won't give a shit as a bit 'bat-shit mental'.

oucho

Jesus Christ Nick, I've watched many have a go at you recently and thought 'meh' but sort yourself out man.

The petition was STARTED by them. To say they won't give a shit as a bit 'bat-shit mental'.
No he means SISU won't care.

Skyblueweeman

Oh...I see....I'll get my coat (for the second time in half an hour...). Apologies Nick.

Yeah, you're probably right but say we somehow managed to get 100k signatures, they cannot ignore the swell of feeling against them. 100k signatures is more than 50 people protesting on a Saturday or a few dozen bitching about them on here.

It might at least force them to be a little more public about any plans for the future.

It's low effort/no cost so is worth a shot at least.

Nick

Administrator
Oh...I see....I'll get my coat (for the second time in half an hour...). Apologies Nick.

Yeah, you're probably right but say we somehow managed to get 100k signatures, they cannot ignore the swell of feeling against them. 100k signatures is more than 50 people protesting on a Saturday or a few dozen bitching about them on here.

It might at least force them to be a little more public about any plans for the future.

It's low effort/no cost so is worth a shot at least.

It means nothing though, it is an online petition. You can probably get a bot or something to hammer it all day every day with signatures.

Skyblueweeman

It means nothing though, it is an online petition. You can probably get a bot or something to hammer it all day every day with signatures.

But again, if we get to 100k and it's in the press, even if only the CET, the likes of Fisher are going to see it. It may at least make them sit up and take notice a bit more.

Nick

Administrator
But again, if we get to 100k and it's in the press, even if only the CET, the likes of Fisher are going to see it. It may at least make them sit up and take notice a bit more.

They will have seen everything that has gone on over the years, I am not just saying it to put a dampener on things :(

Nick

Administrator
I really dont understand your defeatist attitude with regards to this

It is defeatist to say that sadly SISU won't give a shit about an online petition?

I guess it is defeatist to wonder why there isn't a peep about the academy?

Last edited:

The Penguin

I got told they are after 60 million for the club, as they went to recoup the investment they put in. There is people interested in the club but not for that sort of money

The only hope they have of getting 60 million for us is if they want payment in Zimbabwe dollars or Monopoly money because that's about all we're worth at the moment

Captain Dart

Is that an admission that you haven't? ;)

He hasn't signed he wants SISU to stay on. A weak excuse about spam is his excuse. Pathetic, Makes you wonder what is in it for him?

Captain Dart

ajsccfc

Signed, but the fact that they could be presented with a million signatures and still ignore it makes it feel a little futile as even they must know the feeling towards them by now. Still, can't hurt to try.

trevelfarandwide

The only hope they have of getting 60 million for us is if they want payment in Zimbabwe dollars or Monopoly money because that's about all we're worth at the moment

£60 million is ludicrous, surely they'd accept less and cut their losses before those losses increase further.

Where are all these Chinese billionaires when you need one...

Captain Dart

So you quoted Otis saying it about somebody else (who happened to say he had signed it) to point it at me (who has also said they have signed it).

On top form today then.

Too much shit to read, all I saw were your excuses. Well good I'm glad you signed.

trevelfarandwide

Signed the petition by the way, although it will ultimately achieve very little.

Shan't be giving the CET 3 fucking quid though.

rupert_bear

They won't admit to it bothering them but in the business circles they operate in poor publicity can cost them, if just one company or whatever takes their business elsewhere that could hurt and make this petition worthwhile, if you remember the Sixfields farce Sepalla got involved only after questions were raised in the House, keep saying this once they start haemoraging money things might move.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread