Match Thread Peterborough away (1 Viewer)

covcity4life

Sure I seen 22 shots today too
We could have scored double figures

Gyokres also looks like he's back woop woop. Box or 352 works despite what some posters say. Gyok and godden or one of them and o hare and Allen and we have a chance every game.

On to the next one!

Cv3cov

That line up is plain weird.

Just asking to be caught on a counter.

We have absolutely no height or heading ability other than our central defenders. None.

A corner in our favour is actually a risk, Shipley can’t track back, our CD’s will be in the box because Hamer, Allen, O’Hare, Godden are about 5 foot 9 combined and since Wilson has the self control of Fred West I can’t see him being an effective sweeper-keeper.

I can see is getting hit on the break.

Just don’t get the line up.

Moore should be playing.
Gyok should be on to at least add some height and not on the bench.
Waghorn is a mistake full stop. Move him on and get some pace or strength in. Why 3 strikers on bench?

I can only think that it’s a Machiavellian plan by Robins:

Get banjoed by the worst team in the league and get Joy to chuck a few quid in to sort some transfers.

Got to be that.
Ooops

standupforcity

One thing is for sure after today.. it's clear we have plenty of options.. I wasn't too confident about the line up but what do I know.. a terrific performance..

steve cooper

3 years ago we were more or less equivalent to Peterboro, today we were a league above them, despite some profligate finishing. That's progress.

stay_up_skyblues

What a day. Couldn’t have asked for a better first away game for the daughter, after complaining she had to stand up to see she was jumping across seats by the end to go mental.

Great performances throughout the team but special mentions for Sheaf, Shippers, Kane and League 1 Godden. COH was involved in everything again and was his usually classy self but should be scoring at least one of those chances (ad infinitum).

Only read the thread up to kick off so maybe comments have been retracted but blimey, negativity before a ball was kicked in overdrive today chaps, extreme even for SBT.

Chip Batch

Just got back. I was a bit worried before the game with the team sheet but couldn’t fault any of them. We should have scored more goals was the only thing slightly negative I could say. Sheaf MOM - completely controlled midfield and I’m not sure if he even gave it away once?! Godden also brilliant. Back on track now hopefully and a great performance.

South West Sky Blue

Haha, totally know what you are getting at - no worries!
It had to happen at some point really didn't it!!......
Although people were probably saying that about getting an away win in the early 00s (Keane season) ....especially going to already related Watford on on the last day.....but still didn't!
I was at that game. Got on the train afterwards to Reading (lived near there at the time) wearing my CCFC top, to have a Sunderland fan take the piss (in a reasonably nice way) out of us for a whole season of shite away!
I’m a bit of an autistic “statto” at times. Think we had a record of W12 D1 L6 that year at home which would’ve put us 4th. Our away record would have had us put down out of mercy!

steveo1987

Just home, excellent high tempo performance Just like we were doing earlier in the season..Sheaf absolutely outstanding today as was a number of players..Nice cameo from Shipley, very efficient today, shame for Calum not to score after a top performance. One minor gripe was an average game for Kane with Hyam doing lots of covering but he did put some great crosses in. Nice day out with a decent ale in Charters and a good exchange with the locals post match saying we were the best side they had seen this season.

procdoc

I am over the moon that they have proved many of us wrong, but let´s be realistic, you cannot miss the chances we have today against nearly any other team in the season without being punished.

We played some really good football at times, but fuck me, Peterborough might as well start preparing for League 1 now. They were a complete joke.
We won 4-1 away you utter clueless moron

Offhegoes

It reminded me of the Blackpool game, we were opening them up at ease every time we went forward, but were nervy at the back at times

Adge

We’ll that was just what the doctor ordered. Godden just about man of the match for me with Sheaf and Shipley not far behind. JCS a good game at the back also.

Terry Gibson's perm

Really enjoyed today but had explain to TGP junior that all away days aren’t like that he was at Blackburn earlier this season as well.

Sheaf controlled the game and we broke with real speed and menace, QPR must have good full back if he was keeping Kane out, O’Hare was everywhere. I asked my lad at the who was man of the match and he said obviously Jamie Allen as he was all over them.

He learnt some new songs today just glad it isn’t the JCH one which made me chuckle.

shmmeee

Really enjoyed today but had explain to TGP junior that all away days aren’t like that he was at Blackburn earlier this season as well.

Sheaf controlled the game and we broke with real speed and menace, QPR must have good full back if he was keeping Kane out, O’Hare was everywhere. I asked my lad at the who was man of the match and he said obviously Jamie Allen as he was all over them.

He learnt some new songs today just glad it isn’t the JCH one which made me chuckle.

Whats the JCH song?

Evo1883

It did make me laugh can't lie , I had horrible visions of him scoring and running all the way down like adebayor and knee sliding infront of us

stay_up_skyblues

It did make me laugh can't lie , I had horrible visions of him scoring and running all the way down like adebayor and knee sliding infront of us

Same mate messaged my brother along those lines when the he was getting abuse warming up too. In fact he’s hardly had a kick in his 1 and 1/4 games against us this season.

Users who are viewing this thread