Match Thread Peterborough away (1 Viewer)

Londonccfcfan

He was such a disappointment for us (2nd spell) - I can only remember him having one decent game against Sunderland at home. It was a real eye opener when he started banging them in for Bristol Rovers. People said Robins didn't play to his strengths, but I am not sure. His body language never looked great to me.
We wont ever play to adapt to ONE player. A bit like Walker...

Some strikers have to adapt our style of play. Not the other way around. Godden and to lesser extent Gyokores does it brilliantly.

Bugsy

.....PUSB

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

It's revisionism if anybody claims he ever looked good for more than a moment or two for us. Most of us were glad to see the back of him when he left and I don't think anybody was questioning Robins when it happened.

In hindsight, since he left we improved in second half of that season. Got promoted the year after. Stayed up comfortably in the Championship after that and now top half Championship. Worked out well for everybody!

Wasn't it more that we let him go for free without any kind of sell-on clause rather than him actually leaving?

Legia Sky Blue

I’m in an Ashes WhatsApp group with a massive Notts County fan and I mentioned the tribute to Colin Slater on CWR. He replied: ‘Colin Slater? You might be thinking of Mark Draper. Mr Notts County and an absolute gentleman. The voice of my youth and beyond.’

Mark Draper was a Notts player, and quite a legendary one too. I met Colin Slater once so I know who he was and the esteem in which he was held by Notts supporters. I'm actually more surprised a Notts fan wouldn't know the difference between the two rather than by Clive Eakin's confusion!

EalingSB

Mark Draper was a Notts player, and quite a legendary one too. I met Colin Slater once so I know who he was and the esteem in which he was held by Notts supporters. I'm actually more surprised a Notts fan wouldn't know the difference between the two rather than by Clive Eakin's confusion!
He did know the difference - this fella knows everything about County. And, yes, he still repeatedly goes on about the first-leg penalty…

Ccfcisparks

Interesting listening to Darragh Mcanthonys podcast.

A couple of gems:

"Darren Ferguson is a better manager than Mark Robins"
"Sammie Szmodics is better than COH"

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

A couple of gems:

We can sign Szmodics then when they get relegated.

as someone who waivered last season with my Robins support, even if he’d gone I wouldn’t have Darren Ferguson. Gets by on his surname, been dogshite everywhere else and at Peterborough he gets a larger budget than most teams in league one and two

rexo87

A couple of gems:

He's been fairly complimentary from what ive listened to so far (halfway through). He doesnt even believe half the things he says but has to sound positive to everyone listening

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Ccfcisparks

He's been fairly complimentary from what ive listened to so far (halfway through). He doesnt even believe half the things he says but has to sound positive to everyone listening

It was a good listen to be fair. Be interesting to have an owner who is so upfront. Intersting when he said when we first came up from League 2 we enquired about Michael Bostwick, but because our highest earner was on 2.5k we couldnt afford his wages.

rexo87

It was a good listen to be fair. Be interesting to have an owner who is so upfront. Intersting when he said when we first came up from League 2 we enquired about Michael Bostwick, but because our highest earner was on 2.5k we couldnt afford his wages.
Yep, no wonder we couldnt hold onto Mcnulty at that point if we werent going any higher than 2.5k

Users who are viewing this thread