Papering the crowd? (1 Viewer)

Moff

If you read the document published for this week for the fund raising and look at my posts on here then I think you'll find that the public domain and Les Reid are less accurate.

I dont doubt you have knowledge of aspects of what is happening, and I also agree that there are inaccuracies in some of what Les Reid has stated, but I think you are a little misguided on the knowledge and info that is out there in the public domain, and certainly of the ability of us in the locality to make perfect sense of it.

You may think we are some sort of insipid underclass in the Midlands, but we do actually have more of an idea of what is true and what is not than what you give us credit for, and we also understand that whilst you may an insight into Wasps it certainly has appeared more often than not to have been through your Wasps rose tinted glasses.

Thenose

Oh here we go again. Yes Wasps are giving free tickets away, the ratio of paid to free last weekend was 22% (I have a source very high at The Ricoh), the Leicester game has about 2400 freebies allocated to key institutions locally.

So, the story is Wasps give free tickets away, the accusation is no one pays, the reality is most pay, the intimation is they can't get support.

Apparently season ticket sales for 15/16 from existing full season ticket holders has exceed expectations.
Half season ticket holders (Jan 2015+) have nearly all taken the option for full ticket for 15/16
New season ticket sales from non season ticket holders has exceeded target in nearly 1 week

Being one-eyed and hating them for success is pretty purile.

Focus on CCFC...

Nick

Administrator
Oh here we go again. Yes Wasps are giving free tickets away, the ratio of paid to free last weekend was 22% (I have a source very high at The Ricoh), the Leicester game has about 2400 freebies allocated to key institutions locally.

So, the story is Wasps give free tickets away, the accusation is no one pays, the reality is most pay, the intimation is they can't get support.

Apparently season ticket sales for 15/16 from existing full season ticket holders has exceed expectations.
Half season ticket holders (Jan 2015+) have nearly all taken the option for full ticket for 15/16
New season ticket sales from non season ticket holders has exceeded target in nearly 1 week

Focus on CCFC...

Joining a CCFC forum just to talk about wasps is pretty purile isn't it?

Do you think that intheknow is lying then when he makes out there are no freebies for Leicester?

You do realise that people can discuss more than one thing, they can post on one topic, then move onto the next. Does "Focus on CCFC" mean, "stop saying nasty things, stop looking here and look there as they are the baddest baddies?"

Captain Dart

% isn't a ratio, is that % free tickets you are quoting, which would make the ratio just under 4:1.

If it is the other way round and there are 4 free tickets for every paid ticket then RFC is correct.

Clarify please.

Thenose

22% of tickets at Exeter were free, 78% paid. Included in the attendance was the RFU development event which must have been a couple of hundred, they were free as part of a hospitality/eductation/development event.

chiefdave

Focus on CCFC...

Anyone can come on here and post rubbish like that and claim it as fact, I'll show you how:

Oh here we go again. Yes Wasps are giving free tickets away, 75% of tickets last match were free (I have a source very high at The Ricoh), the Leicester game has about 15,000 freebies available to anyone who wants them.

So, the story is Wasps give free tickets away, the accusation is no one pays, that's correct, the intimation is they can't get support.

Apparently season ticket sales for 15/16 from existing full season ticket holders have been below expectation.
Virtually no half season ticket holders (Jan 2015+) have taken the option for full ticket for 15/16
New season ticket sales from non season ticket holders are virtually non existent.

I've presented just as much evidence as you have. Lets look at the facts, strip out the first game and the average is 15,820.

There is evidence to suggest there is a huge number of free and reduced price tickets for pretty much every game and offers such as BOGOF. Of course as Wasps won't release paid attendance or match ticket revenue details its hard to put an exact figure on it but its clear there are a lot more free tickets than Wasps are making out.

And of course at present existing season ticket holders are being transported from London for free.

As the vast majority of people on here have said give it a few years and then see what attendances are like. The first season we had at the Ricoh we averaged 21,301 and that wasn't even in the top tier, its way to early to be declaring the Wasps move a success.

chiefdave

22% of tickets at Exeter were free, 78% paid.

For that to have any meaning you need to be able to evidence total ticket revenues for the match. If I pay 1p for a ticket or a booking and / or postage fee I could be counted as paid but would be a long way from full price.

Moff

Focus on CCFC...

Oh here we go again indeed, another one sided, one eyed blinkered Wasps post from another 'purported' insider.

You say apparently season ticket sales etc have exceded expectations. Where is the evidence of this? I dont doubt some targets will be exceded but forgive me for not believing a post from a biased poster of whom I have no idea if they are correct or not.

I am not one eyed nor hate them for success, for as I see it at the moment they havent had any success, certainly not on the field as I cant recall them winning any trophys in the last few years. As for off the pitch, if you include having to raise 35 million in bonds in order to pay off your current debts, whilst incurring yet more debt then hey thats success for you!

With regard to free tidkets they have given them away, and have continued to do so. Paper it over anyway you want but its the truth.

As for focusing just on CCFC why should I. I am also a Saints fan, and a CRFC fan, if thats ok with you to like another sport as well, and find it appalling at a club just uprooting from its fanbase and just pitching up here in Coventry. I would certainly not want my football or Rugby team to do the same, but then Wasps fans dont seem to have the same moral compass. I dislike franchises, which Wasps clearly are one (no I havent attended Mk Dons or the Blaze) and I just find the whole hypocritical stance of a lot of people regarding the Wasps move nauseating in the extreme.

In short I hope Wasps fail, I suspect they will, and look forward to the day they kiss Coventry goodbye

Ashdown

I have a feeling Coventry Rugby club are going to have a fantastic season on and off the pitch in 2015/16. This season was excellent and crowds grew due to various factors, one being the fact that a lot of 'Coventry' people wanted to throw their weight behind a genuine local side. The atmosphere, clubhouse facilities, after match bands, ale and local pubs and restaurants are all much better than at the Ricoh. I think next year could possibly see a promotion and if that is the case the ground will be rocking and full to capacity !

Coval

On the subject of watching for free. There is a triangular under 14 rugby 7 tournament at the Ricoh immediately following the match tomorrow between Wasps, Old Coventrians, and Leicester Forest. The Old Coventrians have a great team this year.

Nick

Administrator
On the subject of watching for free. There is a triangular under 14 rugby 7 tournament at the Ricoh immediately following the match tomorrow between Wasps, Old Coventrians, and Leicester Forest. The Old Coventrians have a great team this year.
Does this look like a wasps notice board for advertisements? Think you are mistaken.

Coval

How is it supporting Wasps. More like anyone who happens to be there anyway why not give a little support to some local Coventry lads. But I forgot young lads who play with the wrong shaped ball should not be supported local or not.

Nick

Administrator
How is it supporting Wasps. More like anyone who happens to be there anyway why not give a little support to some local Coventry lads. But I forgot young lads who play with the wrong shaped ball should not be supported local or not.
What you did forget is that this is a ccfc forum not wasps.

If you aren't interested in posting about ccfc id suggest you stick to the wasps forums.

You can take on the know with you.

Nick

Administrator
I think it was Nick trying to be funny. He did like your original post.

Maybe a smiley wouldn't go a miss Nick ;)
No, deadly serious. Pressed wrong button.

There will be a cleanup of these wasps accounts in the next couple of days.

Why would I smile about somebody advertising wasps events on here?

ccfc92

No, deadly serious. Pressed wrong button.

There will be a cleanup of these wasps accounts in the next couple of days.

Why would I smile about somebody advertising wasps events on here?

Apologies, I though he was genuinely advertising LOCAL youth rugby on a wasps/rugby page?

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
Apologies, I though he was genuinely advertising LOCAL youth rugby on a wasps page?
This is a ccfc website, it's not for advertising wasps events. If they want to use it for pr and marketing they pay. It's simple really.

If people want to come on to only talk about wasps they will be banned.

I think you have an issue with your caps lock also.

ccfc92

This is a ccfc website, it's not for advertising wasps events. If they want to use it for pr and marketing they pay. It's simple really.

I'm not familiar with Coval's posting history, I just got the impression he was advertising local, youth rugby.

You did confuse things with you're like. As I thought you're reply was in jest.

ccfc92

I think you have an issue with your caps lock also.

Just like your unlike button :)

ccfc92

There isn't one on tapatalk. Stop talking shit.

Yet you managed to like? :confused:

I think this has already got out of hand :) I thought the guy was advertising local Coventry rugby (Old Coventrians), I saw my mistake, I deleted it, yet strangely you were quick enough to pick up on it, and have a go at me.

So, fair play for warding off Wasps advertisers.

Nick

Administrator
Yet you managed to like? :confused:

I think this has already got out of hand :) I thought the guy was advertising local Coventry rugby (Old Coventrians), I saw my mistake, I deleted it, yet strangely you were quick enough to pick up on it, and have a go at me.

So, fair play for warding off Wasps advertisers.

Yes, there is a like button but you can't unlike on tapatalk. Not too sure of your point, trying to be clever obviously.

I'm not talking about people who like wasps or go to games ie Italia, I mean people who are solely on here for wasps.

Coval

I still do not understand how it is advertising Wasps. My grandson plays for old coventrians youth team which is why it came to my attention and why I will watch the tournament . If you find the post objectionable so be it.

ccfc92

Yes, there is a like button but you can't unlike on tapatalk. Not too sure of your point, trying to be clever obviously.

I'm not talking about people who like wasps or go to games ie Italia, I mean people who are solely on here for wasps.

Fair enough, I don't use Tapatalk, so I wouldn't know.

Not trying to be anything, I know exactly what you meant. You don't one people coming on a CCFC forum, advertising Wasps. I thought Coval was genuinely advertising local, youth Rugby, and misinterpreted your reply.

No need for the little digs :)

Nick

Administrator
I still do not understand how it is advertising Wasps. My grandson plays for old coventrians youth team which is why it came to my attention and why I will watch the tournament . If you find the post objectionable so be it.
So it isn't at the ricoh when Wasps are playing and you haven't only signed up on here to post about wasps?

Nick

Administrator
Fair enough, I don't use Tapatalk, so I wouldn't know.

Not trying to be anything, I know exactly what you meant. You don't one people coming on a CCFC forum, advertising Wasps. I thought Coval was genuinely advertising local, youth Rugby, and misinterpreted your reply.

No need for the little digs :)
I'd suggest a rugby forum then? It's classed as spam if you sign up to forums especially to promote things and not actually the main subject of the site.

What would happen on a wasps forum if somebody went on advertising ccfc stuff?

ccfc92

I'd suggest a rugby forum then? It's classed as spam if you sign up to forums especially to promote things and not actually the main subject of the site.

What would happen on a wasps forum if somebody went on advertising ccfc stuff?

Idk, why has this wasps thread not been closed down?

Coval

I assumed that some people who read this forum might be going to the match tomorrow and it might be nice for the lads to get a bit of support. I still support ccfc but feel I can watch other sports as well.

Nick

Administrator
I assumed that some people who read this forum might be going to the match tomorrow and it might be nice for the lads to get a bit of support. I still support ccfc but feel I can watch other sports as well.
Post it on the wasps website then? Or the tigers forum would be best as they will have the majority of fans there.

Ccfc fan who signs up to a ccfc forum when wasps move in to only post about wasps.

If you want to talk about ccfc like others on here who go to wasps games then fine, if not it's the wrong site.

Woz01

Why set up a Wasps forum then? Surely by doing that your 'advertising' Wasps even in a small way. You would soon moan if Wasps wasn't helping out local rugby playing kids. Your hatred is getting really quite ridiculous, go and put a cat in the bin or something.

Grendel

You have never made a ccfc related post - every post has been to not very subtely promote Wasps.

Grendel

Why set up a Wasps forum then? Surely by doing that your 'advertising' Wasps even in a small way. You would soon moan if Wasps wasn't helping out local rugby playing kids. Your hatred is getting really quite ridiculous, go and put a cat in the bin or something.

the sub forum was set up as people were creating wasps threads on the ccfc section.

Nick

Administrator

The description says why:

For Discussions about Wasps that is related to CCFC. This is NOT a place for Wasps Match Threads / Team Talk.

what would happen if people started going on about things CCFC were doing on a Wasps forum? ie if they had an open day for kids football?

Why should I let people come on here with the sole purpose of doing Wasps PR with no interest in CCFC? If they support CCFC, come on here and talk about CCFC and go to watch Wasps then fine, I am not going to start banning them for going to watch Wasps. I am talking just the people who have never ever made a post about CCFC (Unless it is to have some sort of dig)

Users who are viewing this thread