Papering the crowd? (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
I don't get the fuss on this. Wasps have been here4 months and aren't going to build a new fanbase overnight.
a frequent call for ccfc is much more kids for a quid in order to get people through the gates and try and build up the younger fanbase for the future.

Again, the JSBS.

For a tenner they got free entry to all games this season (or 3 quid if over 12), a free money box, pages full of vouchers to spend, invites to christmas parties etc. People moan about the kids not supporting CCFC, so get them in the JSB's and take them to the Christmas Parties and activitys they put on for the kids.

It should just be promoted a bit more by the club, but people will still moan.

I don't doubt their PR and Marketing team need a rocket up their arse. I'd have Sky Blue Sam going round local schools and football clubs handing out free pencils and ticket vouchers or something.

Ashdown

I don't get the fuss on this. Wasps have been here4 months and aren't going to build a new fanbase overnight.
a frequent call for ccfc is much more kids for a quid in order to get people through the gates and try and build up the younger fanbase for the future.

I get nothing from CCFC, not a leaflet, E mail, offer ??!! I bet the useless tits will just send me the ST application form though like last year with full expectation that I will commit my time and money to their plea for a wad of cash in the Spring.

Nick

Administrator
I get nothing from CCFC, not a leaflet, E mail, offer ??!! I bet the useless tits will just send me the ST application form though like last year with full expectation that I will commit my time and money to their plea for a wad of cash in the Spring.

I have had emails pretty much daily for the past week or so.

eh3Ayh2lO3mCgZRtWa6YuTopt63ssK0F7GiXtR_trnBo2doT93hr34SIWKorOksD4T5atQboZb6jTr4bH-xXbYZWRxpAyHHSV6fd8nPONMIgzhl-wg=s0-d-e1-ft

torchomatic

Thje fans are behind the move? Wow, must have taken you ages to talk to them all.

Not entirely sure that's relevant or even true, the only people I see complaining are CCFC fans.

The point still stands, compare CCFC who had a fanbase in Cov and fucked off and left them and what they've done to repair that with Wasps to had a fanbase in London and fucked off and left them (apparently, even though they've been moving around for ages and the fans are behind the move).

Just saying, to drag this completely off topic thread back to the topic of the forum, maybe as they seem to be doing better at rebuilding a fan base we should take some notes.

torchomatic

Sub

all the clubs the blaze, wasps, CCFC, cov rugby club should all get together to try and promote sport in the city and help all the Coventry based clubs

chiefdave

I don't get that, because they always send me a receipt for purchases so have my address but send nothing through ever !

Logon to the shop / ticketing on line, go to my account and then media preferences, sounds like you've not got a tick in the box to allow the club to email you.

dongonzalos

I went to see Blaze the other week with my lad - people looked fucking ridiculous with those massive tops on - anyway, I'm now on their mailing list and they're offering a "deal" with Wasps and tickets are just a fiver.

You went to watch a franchised club?
Not that I am judging you?
Can't remember your stance on franchising did it bother you or were you one on the ones who would attend wasps if it interested you?

Last edited:

SkyBlue_Bear83

With the amount of free tickets and those who are paying only £15-20 its not unreasonable to believe that Wasps are actually taking in less money in ticket revenue than Adams Park.

As long as the attendance is higher though they will continue to tell us it has been a great success.

dongonzalos

Walsall (£18.50), Fleetwood (£17), Crawley (£18) and Swindon (£18).

We charge £22

We need to get that down for the one off ticket price in order to try and encourage people to come off the back of Mowbray

SkyBlueScottie

It was only weeks ago that Cllr Kevin Maton was on Twitter poking people saying that Wasps had broke the 100 k barrier therefore it couldn't possibly be a bad Council deal.....

Nick

Administrator
Walsall (£18.50), Fleetwood (£17), Crawley (£18) and Swindon (£18).

We charge £22

We need to get that down for the one off ticket price in order to try and encourage people to come off the back of Mowbray

Wait a minute, compare them like for like

Our cheapest - Family Zone at £18

Swindon Cheapest £18
Fleetwood Cheapest is terrace which is about £17 I think?
Crawley Cheapest seated = £20 (Terrace is £18)

when you don't compare our most expensive to other teams cheapest it doesn't look that bad does it?

torchomatic

Unfortunately, I don't need to "bulk out". Actually, I did quite enjoy it. The music and the lights and all that. My lad loved it. We'll probably go tomorrow night too after the Port Vale game.

Just admit it, you bought one and are hoping to 'bulk out' over the next few months to fill it out ! Glad you tried the Ice hockey though, it's an acquired taste but a good night out for the youngsters !

Ashdown

Wait a minute, compare them like for like

Our cheapest - Family Zone at £18

Swindon Cheapest £18
Fleetwood Cheapest is terrace which is about £17 I think?
Crawley Cheapest seated = £20 (Terrace is £18)

when you don't compare our most expensive to other teams cheapest it doesn't look that bad does it?

The family zone is for families though ? Nothing worse than little Jimmy in the row in front dragging his old man off to the toilets for 3 pisses each half !
£22 has different relevance to different people according to income/cost of other pursuits and more importantly additional costs of travel, beer, parking. As a rule it costs me maybe a total of perhaps £40 plus more if I bring the kids. Since the habit/desire was damaged I've learn't that I can play cricket { In season} for a whole day for a tenner or play golf for 4 hours or so with a pint or two for £30. Not saying I won't pay it again but unlike the days of 'City first' I demand some value now !

Nick

Administrator
The family zone is for families though ?

So walk and sit somewhere else then?

Nothing worse than the people that moan about ticket price being too much but then pay £5 a go for a bottle of warm beer and park in the official car park for silly money.

I have sat in the family zone all season, no issue with it.

mrbluesky87

I don't get this fascination with Wasps anymore. I cant stand rugby, to be honest it bores the living life out of me however Wasps are not going anywhere soon and from a complete neutral point of view surely it's a positive thing having a top sports team playing in the City? Lets face it, us as CCFC fans would love to be 4th in the Premier League.

Who gives a s**t about the amount of freebies given out, Jesus I have 4 season tickets for CCFC I only paid for one of them?

The point is whatever the crowds and whatever the means in getting them their at least it puts Coventry on the map and lets face it, we need all the help we can get because the City just looks and seems past its sell by date.

ccfcway

credit where credit is due, id love CCFC to do the same.

Pack the place out till the end of the season and with TM hopefully playing a brand of football that people want to watch, we might actually get more people to pay next season

Grendel

credit where credit is due, id love CCFC to do the same.

Pack the place out till the end of the season and with TM hopefully playing a brand of football that people want to watch, we might actually get more people to pay next season

Doubt it. There is an expectation that it is free and that is the value placed on it. The amount of free offers seem to be increasing game by game.

It's a strange policy to keep adopting.

ccfcway

Doubt it. There is an expectation that it is free and that is the value placed on it. The amount of free offers seem to be increasing game by game.

It's a strange policy to keep adopting.

not sure your actually responding to my post, I was talking about CCFC

Grendel

not sure your actually responding to my post, I was talking about CCFC

Yes I am. Subvented variable marketing is a strategy only deployed when there is no natural demand that fixed marketing awareness type of strategies are considered inadequate.

albatross

its also a very used adopted strategy used to stimulate demand, most car companies use these techniques.

Offer a good deal to the customer to encourage business.

Ticket master also have a stake in this deal so I would expect that as part of the deal to sell WASPS tickets that they also have some skin in the game here.

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
its also a very used adopted strategy used to stimulate demand, most car companies use these techniques.

Ticket master also have a stake in this deal so I would expect that as part of the deal to sell WASPS tickets that they also have some skin in the game here.
Don't they get 3 per ticket?

albatross

They will get a booking fee on the transaction yes , but it was promoted through Ticketmaster not WASPS.

Free tickets are free tickets to the public, the end product is to watch WASPS but i would suspect that this part of the overall deal struck between Ticketmaster and WASPS so in the interest of both parties.

Nick

Administrator
They will get a booking fee on the transaction yes , but it was promoted through Ticketmaster not WASPS.

Free tickets are free tickets to the public, the end product is to watch WASPS but i would suspect that this part of the overall deal struck between Ticketmaster and WASPS so in the interest of both parties.
Yes, ticket master get 3 per free ticket they give away

Grendel

Yes, ticket master get 3 per free ticket they give away

A couple of sporting clubs I know had 10 free tickets each for this one.

Grendel

Car companies only use discount techniques when they need to.

Premium brands rarely do unless they have specific stock issues. Long term use creates lower value in the consumers mind, wrecks residual values and diminishes the brand image.

The preferred route to create long term demand is fixed marketing activity so that the value charged is perceived as being the correct value.

Nick

Administrator
Have a look at city when we do a fiver offer, people only ever want to pay a fiver then don't they?

NorthernWisdom

Know there has been a lot of talk about Wasps giving away an awful lot of free tickets, but generally to schools, sponsors etc.

Just had weekly email from Ticketmaster, and offering TWO FREE tickets for the supposedly massive game in Premier Rugby terms on Sunday for Wasps v Saracens.

All for a 3 pound booking fee.

Smacks a bit of desperation to me.

The free tickets have even reached my place of work now and, well... it's not really their target market!

Objectively, get people in and get them hooked isn't necessarily stupid. Now when the old woman I work with is going with her friend she goes to knitting clubs with(!) I start to wonder. Nobody else wanted the tickets so they were set to be thrown away.

They'll never be back if they have to pay, nor will the 80yo lady who's going separately(!)

When they get to that level then, much as the CCFC offers for season ticket holders to bring someone that never get taken up then... you have to worry for your business, as you're either not hitting your target market, or your target market doesn't exist in sufficient numbers/isn't actually that interested in taking it up.

ccfcway

Yes I am. Subvented variable marketing is a strategy only deployed when there is no natural demand that fixed marketing awareness type of strategies are considered inadequate.

Are you classing CCFC giving free tickets to school kids a fixed marketing strategy ?

Users who are viewing this thread