Papering the crowd? (1 Viewer)

Terry Gibson's perm

I have noticed a lot of buses and coaches taking 'fans' to Wasps games too and have been very tempted to stand at the roadside holding diversion signs that direct them all the Whitley Waste to Recycling Centre on the London Road.

I want to walk around Hen Lane telling people that the parking restrictions don't count for Rugby fans and hope they all get tickets.

chiefdave

But..but they done a cowboy theme day and gave away free hats. Why don't we think of this?

Of course, Wasps and Cowboys an obvious connection! The PR machine is slipping if thats the sort of crap they're resorting to now.

SkyBlue_Bear83

I can see half my face in the top City picture and I look very glum!

I thought somebody on the radio said yesterday that they had sold (a very loose term) 28k+ for today and the local derby against Leicester was a sell out?

Yes supposedly gonna be a sell out, wouldn't be surprised to see 10-12k Leicester fans at the match

italiahorse

But..but they done a cowboy theme day and gave away free hats. Why don't we think of this?

Exeter Chiefs come as indians so Wasps dress as cowboys.
Great day out, great crowd and great result.
As opposed to yesterday which could have been a celebration but became a wake.

Otis

What chance is there that Wasps could get relegated?

Would love to see them fail and Cov go from strength to strength.

Otis

Is this a serious question? There is no chance, they will probably qualify for the European competition again.

Yep, serious question. I obviously don't mean now, I mean in a couple of seasons or so. Could they implode, the crowds wane and the novelty wear off?

lordsummerisle

Thought it was already packed every week with no free tickets. What are they going to do to 'take off big time', put on another tier?

They're adding a few new tiers on the pricing structure.

Level One - Free to National sponsors.
Level Two- Free to local sponsors.
Level Three - Free to local schools.
Level Four - Free to any school.
Level Five - Free to old peoples homes.
Level Five - Free to anybody drunk enough in the pub at closing time.
Level Six - Italia.

Moff

Thought they were pushing a top 4 slot

IF being sixth is pushing top four then yes, but in my world sixth is sixth, I suppose it likes saying say CCFC are pushing mid table , or you own the Ricoh when you are trying to sell a bond :whistle:

Thenose

I read on CET they were targeting the fourth place to get into the playoffs . Just beat tigers and London Irish apparently they've done it

torchomatic

Isn't it Italia's avatar? Or his new one.

I thought Wasps were advertising a wholesome, family experience.

Why therefore, in the 2nd from bottom photo is the man in the cowboy hat taking his 'girlfriend' from behind? :eek:

Moff

I read on CET they were targeting the fourth place to get into the playoffs . Just beat tigers and London Irish apparently they've done it

I would suggest someone has clearly got their facts wrong about Wasps, probably CET as usual, as if Exeter win their last two games, the best Wasps can do is fifth.

Steve.B50

I would suggest someone has clearly got their facts wrong about Wasps, probably CET as usual, as if Exeter win their last two games, the best Wasps can do is fifth.

Exeter have Saracens away last game but even if they win which I doubt they need bonus points. Leicester have Wasps in Coventry and then home to bitter rivals Northampton.
its not just the win its a lot to do with bonus points.

Moff

Exeter have Saracens away last game but even if they win which I doubt they need bonus points. Leicester have Wasps in Coventry and then home to bitter rivals Northampton.
its not just the win its a lot to do with bonus points.

Yes bonus points come into it, but Wasps can only get one in either game, which would if they won both games take them level at best with Exeter, (if Exeter won their last two games) and thats without Exeter getting a bonus point in one of their games, which they could do.

Exeter are in the driving seat, and I think you are being a bit optimistic to suggest Wassps could get a bonus point win over Leicester.

Steve.B50

Yes bonus points come into it, but Wasps can only get one in either game, which would if they won both games take them level at best with Exeter, (if Exeter won their last two games) and thats without Exeter getting a bonus point in one of their games, which they could do.

Exeter are in the driving seat, and I think you are being a bit optimistic to suggest Wassps could get a bonus point win over Leicester.

Point taken. Am not bothered either way to be honest but do hope the Wasps beat Leicester though.

Moff

Point taken. Am not bothered either way to be honest but do hope the Wasps beat Leicester though.

It will be a close game. One of the teams will attack, and try to play fast flowing Rugby, whilst the other team is Leicester!

Vigornian

Exeter's next game is away to Saracens. A bonus point defeat would be a good result there, and would take them to 60. Final game at home to Sale. Bonus point win possible, taking them to 65, with 13 wins

Wasps are at home to Leicester, then away to London Irish. Two wins without bonus points would take them to 65, with 13 wins.

If two sides end up level on points, their positions are determined by the number of wins. If they're equal on wins, it's down to points difference. At the moment, Exeter are +194, Wasps +150.

If Wasps beat Leicester, it'll all come down to the final day and Leicester would be the most likely to miss out, as their final game is at home to Northampton.

Leicester are currently on 60 points, with 13 wins and a points difference of +19. They have scored 32 tries, only five more than London Welsh. Wasps are the top tryscorers in the Premiership with 72. They have won their last six home games against Leicester, including a bonus point win.

All to play for. Exeter probably have a slight advantage, but not really enough to say that they're in the driving seat. If they get nothing from the game at Saracens, Wasps probably have the edge - provided they win their last two games.

Last edited:

Intheknow

I see that Stub Hub has tickets for the Leicester game going for a large premium. Quite why people would pay a premium when tickets are apparently free is beyond me.

Moff

I see that Stub Hub has tickets for the Leicester game going for a large premium. Quite why people would pay a premium when tickets are apparently free is beyond me.

Because they are stupid? (Thats irony before you think I am being serious)

Lots of freebies for the Exeter game, they couldnt give them away in Rugby, perhaps thats why they werent on Stub hub for that one. :whistle:

I dont recall anyone saying there were freebies for the Leicester game, perhaps you can point it out?

Considering you are in the know, you dont seem to know a lot more than whats out there in the public domain. I mean one big game and people are after tickets is hardly breaking news is it. Perhaps in you excitement about a big crowd you might be able to pass on some more worthwhile information?

Intheknow

Because they are stupid? (Thats irony before you think I am being serious)

Lots of freebies for the Exeter game, they couldnt give them away in Rugby, perhaps thats why they werent on Stub hub for that one. :whistle:

I dont recall anyone saying there were freebies for the Leicester game, perhaps you can point it out?

Considering you are in the know, you dont seem to know a lot more than whats out there in the public domain. I mean one big game and people are after tickets is hardly breaking news is it. Perhaps in you excitement about a big crowd you might be able to pass on some more worthwhile information?

If you read the document published for this week for the fund raising and look at my posts on here then I think you'll find that the public domain and Les Reid are less accurate.

chiefdave

Can tell you're not local, anyone local would know the answer to that is that people from Leicester are stupid.

As I've said before boasting that you can fill the ground once a year when the majority of the crowd will be away supporters is incredibly bizzare. If we were playing Leicester or Villa and sold the ground out thanks to 20K away fans I'd be thoroughly ashamed and we'd be a laughing stock.

And of course that's before we even consider that you're boasting about fans being ripped off by touts rather than taking steps to prevent tickets being sold on secondary sites.

Perhaps you'd care to detail the paid attendance and ticket revenue for the games other than Leicester or would that be too embarrassing? You could always hide behind confidentiality as you did when screwing everyone over.

Users who are viewing this thread