Papering the crowd? (1 Viewer)

Macca

So it seems the stadium has been a huge failure. The football club have failed to make a success of it. Apparently having a rugby team there is bad.......so what now? Knock it down?

hutch1972

A London derby played in Coventry, you literally couldn't make it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)
Free or not only 5437 bothered today in what was probably their biggest game so far.

Macca

Fairplay they were the better side, decent game. I'm more worried about yesterdays debacle

Moff

Macca

By the time it settles down I'm guessing the football and rugby crowds will be fairly similar. Around 8k each

Grendel

Grendel

Oooo, you naughty boy

Perhaps you can get a combined CCFC and WASPS season ticket, now that would be cool. Just think how much more time I can spend watching sport and avoiding the wife...

To be fair Wasps will probably introduce buy a CCFC season ticket and get a WASPS one free.

I've been offered a free to every game so far -- 2 with hospitality thrown in.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Genuine question here to people who went to both games this weekend, visually how did the two crowds compare?
I've see the photos from todays match at the Ricoh and it looked pretty sparsely populated throughout, I'm not sure where the rugby crowd congregate but the scoreboard area looked empty and nowhere really looked full. Yet on Saturday the corner was crammed for CCFC and that entire stand looked pretty full on Saturday, yet apparently there were 3k more for the Rugby match today, for people who went could you tell the difference?

italiahorse

Genuine question here to people who went to both games this weekend, visually how did the two crowds compare?
I've see the photos from todays match at the Ricoh and it looked pretty sparsely populated throughout, I'm not sure where the rugby crowd congregate but the scoreboard area looked empty and nowhere really looked full. Yet on Saturday the corner was crammed for CCFC and that entire stand looked pretty full on Saturday, yet apparently there were 3k more for the Rugby match today, for people who went could you tell the difference?

It was more packed in the West and North stand than on Saturday. No one in the away end other than the drummers.
Oh, and not a policeman in site. Kids corner had half the supervision of the stadium just in that corner on Saturday.

Last edited:

SkyBlue_Bear83

It was more packed in the West and North stand than on Saturday. No one in the away end other than the drummers.
Oh, and not a policeman in site. Kids corner had half the supervision of the stadium just in that corner on Saturday.

So you would say it looked fuller today? I'm just going on the telegraph photos which don't really show it.

Saturday

JS57283506.jpg

JS57283449.jpg

JS57281468.jpg

JS57283216.jpg

Sunday
JS62177056.jpg

JS62176797.jpg
(^^this is about the fullest picture I can see for Sunday)
JS62176677.jpg

JS62176496.jpg

JS62176119.jpg

The pictures must be misleading because to me they don't represent a 3k higher attendance on Sunday. Wasps probably have a lot more in the corporate stand I'm guessing

Last edited:

Otis

I thought Wasps were advertising a wholesome, family experience.

Why therefore, in the 2nd from bottom photo is the man in the cowboy hat taking his 'girlfriend' from behind? :eek:

chiefdave

Curiosity got the better of me after you posted those pics and I took at look at the gallery from todays game on the CT site. If you ever wanted to put people off going to see Wasps just show them the pics!

Otis

Curiosity got the better of me after you posted those pics and I took at look at the gallery from todays game on the CT site. If you ever wanted to put people off going to see Wasps just show them the pics!

I have noticed a lot of buses and coaches taking 'fans' to Wasps games too and have been very tempted to stand at the roadside holding diversion signs that direct them all the Whitley Waste to Recycling Centre on the London Road.

Terry Gibson's perm

I can see half my face in the top City picture and I look very glum!

I thought somebody on the radio said yesterday that they had sold (a very loose term) 28k+ for today and the local derby against Leicester was a sell out?

SkyBlue_Bear83

But..but they done a cowboy theme day and gave away free hats. Why don't we think of this?

Users who are viewing this thread