Our Fans (2 Viewers)

The Lurker

So a football ground with 10k people is as small event not worth bothering with but they should be sending sniffer dogs to a pub with 100 people in? Alright mate.

lol. The sniffer dogs were aimed at cov only so say 2,500 people. my reference was referring to the % of people using drugs in a pub will be higher than the % at a football.

clint van damme

F

Of course football fans get a bad rep. Do you see fights outside rugby, cricket, ice hockey, motor racing grounds? There's a reason for that and its not "Persecution"

You eejit.

Yes. Saw a massive row on a train station between two lots of rugby league supporters once. Granted it probably happens a lot less often but it does happen.

The Lurker

The Lurker

That's bullshit, having sniffer dogs isn't treating somebody like a criminal.

It's the same as people whinging about stop and search in case people have knives on them, don't carry a knife and it's no issue is it?

lol remind me how many people have died at the football due to cocaine. Remind me how many people have died to due knife crime? bad taste of an example and a poor one

Nick

Administrator
lol remind me how many people have died at the football due to cocaine. Remind me how many people have died to due knife crime? bad taste of an example and a poor one

I didn't say anybody had died.

Both illegal whether people have died or not.

The Lurker

I didn't say anybody had died.

Both illegal whether people have died or not.

your comparing 2 completely different crimes. in my eyes Saturday having all football fans were treated as criminals is not a great way to police a football match which then leads to trouble.

Nick

Administrator
your comparing 2 completely different crimes. in my eyes Saturday having all football fans were treated as criminals is not a great way to police a football match which then leads to trouble.

Having sniffer dogs isn't treating people as criminals.

CCFC88

Hardly treated as criminals, just walk past the dog and get on with your day

rob9872

You're wrong
jacquemus-tiny-purse.jpg

Irish Sky Blue

When I went through the barrier at Rotherham there was no queue (about half an hour before kick off). The sniffer Dog was there and came over to me but the police were respectful and polite.I would have no problem with them searching out people with drugs. When I got to the turnstile I was patted down by the steward. Again he was polite and respectful. This happens at all our games now including ones at St Andrews. If they stop people entering the stadium with things they shouldn’t have, then good. When entering the car park at St Andrews the car boot is searched too. Again, the guys there are respectful. All of the security measures are in response to the way that some morons behave at football. The rest of us have to put up with them because of these people. As I said in a previous post, idiots like these are costing the clubs money in gate receipts as lots of decent people won’t go.

theferret

Hardly treated as criminals, just walk past the dog and get on with your day

It is a touch annoying when you get pulled to one side when you've doing nothing wrong though. No big deal, but there were disapproving looks and shakes of the head from people walking past. Felt compelled to tell them I'd only had a few pints of Guinness, but not sure they'd have believed me. I did lose my house key during the search as well when I loaded all my crap on the table, but no drama.

I've got no issue with it tbh. If you've nothing to hide and all that. It is the first time I've seen it though. I've seen sniffer dogs at big events, but they're usually for anti-terror as far as I know, although I am sure it's different at music festivals etc. If they are going to do it, they need to stop using apprentice dogs though and bring out the seasoned pros, and also try to ensure it doesn't result in bottlenecks which some have said was a problem.

Irish Sky Blue

When I went through the barrier at Rotherham there was no queue (about half an hour before kick off). The sniffer Dog was there and came over to me but the police were respectful and polite.I would have no problem with them searching out people with drugs. When I got to the turnstile I was patted down by the steward. Again he was polite and respectful. This happens at all our games now including ones at St Andrews. If they stop people entering the stadium with things they shouldn’t have, then good. When entering the car park at St Andrews the car boot is searched too. Again, the guys there are respectful. All of the security measures are in response to the way that some morons behave at football. The rest of us have to put up with them because of these people. As I said in a previous post, idiots like these are costing the clubs money in gate receipts as lots of decent people won’t go.
I just checked this post and see that I used the word respectful 3 times. Too many people going to football show none of this, to opposition fans, stewards, people behind the counters or even their fellow fans.

clint van damme

It is a touch annoying when you get pulled to one side when you've doing nothing wrong though. No big deal, but there were disapproving looks and shakes of the head from people walking past. Felt compelled to tell them I'd only had a few pints of Guinness, but not sure they'd have believed me. I did lose my house key during the search as well when I loaded all my crap on the table, but no drama.

I've got no issue with it tbh. If you've nothing to hide and all that. It is the first time I've seen it though. I've seen sniffer dogs at big events, but they're usually for anti-terror as far as I know, although I am sure it's different at music festivals etc. If they are going to do it, they need to stop using apprentice dogs though and bring out the seasoned pros, and also try to ensure it doesn't result in bottlenecks which some have said was a problem.

All dogs can make mistakes as they can only work effectively for a fairly small window of time.

rob9872

Have you ever tried to stroke those dogs? Sometimes they don't mind, sometimes they say no, but I always teach the family to ask before and don't just assume, but I've seen some of the policemen get really aggressive simply over being asked if it was ok.

theferret

All dogs can make mistakes as they can only work effectively for a fairly small window of time.

Yeah, was only jesting. To be honest, drinking in the Bridge Inn where most people seemed to be on it, I'd be surprised if everyone in there wasn't contaminated. Although my mate was convinced it was because he is a butcher and had been handling sausages in the morning. He isn't the sharpest tool.

CovKid73

Have you ever tried to stroke those dogs? Sometimes they don't mind, sometimes they say no, but I always teach the family to ask before and don't just assume, but I've seen some of the policemen get really aggressive simply over being asked if it was ok.
I didn't dare on Saturday, eventhough I got in fairly early and there was no one behind me - I got the vibe from South Yorkshire's finest that canine cuddles wouldn't be tolerated.....

CovKid73

Yeah, was only jesting. To be honest, drinking in the Bridge Inn where most people seemed to be on it, I'd be surprised if everyone in there wasn't contaminated. Although my mate was convinced it was because he is a butcher and had been handling sausages in the morning. He isn't the sharpest tool.
That's funny!

ccfc92

To be fair, as highly trained as they are, I can imagine the dog being mischievous and pretending to be sniffing for drugs :joyful:

CCFC88

I just checked this post and see that I used the word respectful 3 times. Too many people going to football show none of this, to opposition fans, stewards, people behind the counters or even their fellow fans.
Yep, it really isn't or shouldn't be an issue in this day and age, the people that have a problem with this sort of stuff are usually the ones with something to hide. Unfortunately the flares made it past the pat downs and now I'm sure the large travelling contingent heading to our next away match at the spiritual home of Buckinghamshire football will receive much of the same.

PurpleBin

The smoke bombs you can just chuck it in where your bollocks are pre entry to the ground! The cannisters arent that big.

Mcbean

When dogs are sniffing they are working and the handlers need them to understand that time - and then they also let them know when they have down time often with the use of a tennis ball - so thats possible that they are not too happy about patting during sniffing time !

Attachments

• post-1216-1329325998.jpg
    post-1216-1329325998.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 24

Liquid Gold

To be honest dogs can be pretty shit and used more for deterrence than detection. I’ve spent a load of time at music festivals and seen them ignore people when I can smell the gear on them.

Last edited:

Tommo72

I think the point with all of this is that the level of policing etc will depend on the opposition. I would guess that Cov will be classed as a higher risk than most teams in this division? Not sure they would have had sniffer dogs in place for when AFC Winbledon/Fleetwood or similar visit.

torchomatic

Racism rears its ugly head once again. I fear we’ll never be rid of it. It honestly makes me feel nauseous.

It does. I was standing next to these twats at Forest Green Rovers away last season and they were being aggressive and racist to their own players as well as to FGR players. They were all pretty young too, late teens and the worst of a lot was a girl.

Tommo1993

they do make mistakes, I know someone that it's happened to at a festival. Imagine getting gloved just because Fido's having an off day?

Yeah good enough point. Not that I got wrongly busted or anything, but before flying back home from JFK at security, they thought I had something. Seen on their screen that my right pocket was highlighted. They swabbed my hands, patted me down, had a dog sniff me, took me to one side for questioning. Dodgy business but I suppose it’s for our safety.

torchomatic

The MK game will be the same unfortunately.

Some truly vile loutish behaviour last time.

If i had young kids i'd think twice about taking them, sad but true.

We are going as my son loves his away games, but it does worry me. I just have to hope we are "lucky" and are away from these lot. It's a shame the club can't do anything about it. If I saw/heard anything, I would tweet them and see what they say. I have seen a few similar tweets in the past.

torchomatic

what’s the point of it? it’s assuming all football fans are drug takers which isn’t true. didn’t see Rotherham fans going through the same queuing system

The point is to get the drugs off the twats who think it is OK to snort in front of kids at a footy match. As Nick said, don't take in drugs and there won't be an issue. I wouldn't trust anyone who had a problem with it.

torchomatic

If there were 100+ Legion out from the pics I've seen I'd say thats about right then the police will have been on top for that reason. Like it or not, we have a bad reputation...

Legion. Even the name is embarrassing.

letsallsingtogether

What's the issue with sniffer dogs?

Don't take drugs to Football and there's no issue.
Exactly They had sniffer dogs at Lincoln no issues they even had them in the main stand at the Ricoh laat season agaimst Mansfiwld. even arrested some of those posh twats.

Users who are viewing this thread