Our Fans (2 Viewers)

The Lurker

Had sniffer dogs wonder around me at tube and train stations too. Not like they restrict it to football fans!

was you there? it wasn’t like a train station. It was a single file queue with 2500 fans all having to be treated like walking into a prison. the whole process was shocking and after lads been drinking all day recipe for trouble. closing all the pubs for away fans didn’t help the situation. it causes more trouble than it solves

chiefdave

soon as fans get treated like criminals and animals I.e getting sniffed out by dogs before the game then it’s going to antagonise fans. no need for any of that Saturday. didn’t see Rotherham fans having to go through single file.
I don't see how there's any issues with sniffer dogs unless people are carrying drugs. Doesn't bother me when they're at airports, festivals etc and wouldn't bother me if they were at the football.

There has been regular reports of trouble with out supporters and regular reports of drug use so its not even like they just randomly decided to make life difficult for our fans.

NorthernWisdom

was you there? it wasn’t like a train station. It was a single file queue with 2500 fans all having to be treated like walking into a prison. the whole process was shocking and after lads been drinking all day recipe for trouble. closing all the pubs for away fans didn’t help the situation. it causes more trouble than it solves
I'm just pointing out they send sniffer dogs to where there are large crowds.

Now, if you believe some of the people in this thread, the police's intelligence was right anyway. Best way not to have sniffer dogs about is for the dogs to never find anything, then they'll spend more time elsewhere, where they do get results.

The Lurker

I don't see how there's any issues with sniffer dogs unless people are carrying drugs. Doesn't bother me when they're at airports, festivals etc and wouldn't bother me if they were at the football.

There has been regular reports of trouble with out supporters and regular reports of drug use so its not even like they just randomly decided to make life difficult for our fans.

be interesting to see how many fans were arrested for drug offences Saturday? because as I queued up not one person was pulled aside.

The Lurker

Because that's what happens at large gatherings of people. Ever been to a concert? It's all the same, people get searched and there are dogs. If people weren't sniffing gear and throwing smoke bombs maybe they wouldn't search.

lol a large crowd. It’s fuckin league 1. I’ve been international games, premier league grounds, never seen sniffer dogs.

theferret

Bollocks. Do you think security checks at the airport are treating you like an animal?

Fair point. But, I don't really see what the point of it was. I was pulled to one side when I went through, a dog detected something on me. I wasn't bothered because nobody is more anti that stuff than me and I had nothing to worry about. My mate was also pulled, and the hardest thing he's had in his life is a larger shandy. All they did though was ask us to empty our pockets and were then given a minor pat down. Even if I'd had something they wouldn't have found it, so what was the point exactly? Perhaps it was a deterrent, but I've never seen that in all my years watching football.

Some of the stuff posted above is really depressing. To be honest though, I didn't witness anything on Saturday of note, nor did I at Burton, Watford, Oxford or Bolton and they were all large followings. Guess I've just been lucky.

The Lurker

Open your eyes then, they're everywhere.

lol. seriously. everywhere. Apart from Saturday when was the last time we had sniffer dogs? Wembley if I remember and I go home and away following city. there is more trouble up town on a Saturday night but never see sniffer dogs there. football fans get treated badly as were an easy target

The Lurker

fwiw anyone being racist should be banned for life.

the way we were treated Saturday antagonises the idiots. get treated like a criminal more likely act like one

Liquid Gold

The dogs could have been fireworks dogs. If you were in a pub where pyro was set off then they would have taken an interest in you.

rob9872

Come on Lurker.....there were loads of lads on stuff on Saturday so it must have been based on intelligence etc....what the police picked up on in the pubs/before the game possibly.
Tbf ... we travel in numbers > People do like a drink at away games > Some people can't handle their drink > There will be trouble when drink is taken

If we say 5% of people in society are dickheads (and I'm being generous) and you have a crowd of 100 you have 5 dickheads, easy to police and no pack mentality. If you have 2,500 attending then 5% will be 125 dickheads and then you have a problem when they act up and also antagonise other normally sensible folk it can go off easily.

All too simple to blame football, but if you selected 2,500 random people on the street (probably say eg 80% male), then I'm almost certain you'd have a similar number of dickheads. Basically we have an issue in society with a general lack of respect.

The Lurker

Come on Lurker.....there were loads of lads on stuff on Saturday so it must have been based on intelligence etc....what the police picked up on in the pubs/before the game possibly.

it’s not a football thing though. you go to any pub in cov on fri sat night from 6pm I’d say 95% are on drugs. does this mean sniffer dogs on every door? football fans get treated different to anyone else and goes back to my original point. if people get treated like animals and criminals there more likely to act like one. Bolton Watford and Burton had loads of fans and no trouble. guarantee we had fans sniffing at those matches

NorthernWisdom

it’s not a football thing though. you go to any pub in cov on fri sat night from 6pm I’d say 95% are on drugs. does this mean sniffer dogs on every door? football fans get treated different to anyone else and goes back to my original point. if people get treated like animals and criminals there more likely to act like one. Bolton Watford and Burton had loads of fans and no trouble. guarantee we had fans sniffing at those matches

Clearly they don't get treated differently in this instance. You said yourself

Apart from Saturday when was the last time we had sniffer dogs?

Liquid Gold

So a football ground with 10k people is as small event not worth bothering with but they should be sending sniffer dogs to a pub with 100 people in? Alright mate.

PurpleBin

If there were 100+ Legion out from the pics I've seen I'd say thats about right then the police will have been on top for that reason. Like it or not, we have a bad reputation...

Nick

Administrator
what’s the point of it? it’s assuming all football fans are drug takers which isn’t true. didn’t see Rotherham fans going through the same queuing system

Switch on. If they were saying they all were they wouldn't be using dogs to pick out particular people would they?

The point is clearly to find out who has drugs on them.

People should learn to handle their beer and they wouldn't need to sniff anything.

Nick

Administrator
lol. seriously. everywhere. Apart from Saturday when was the last time we had sniffer dogs? Wembley if I remember and I go home and away following city. there is more trouble up town on a Saturday night but never see sniffer dogs there. football fans get treated badly as were an easy target

They had sniffer dogs at Lincoln Away and I think there were a couple at Watford walking about.

CCFC88

Why would the "legion" organise a big day out to Rotherham of all places,
it’s not a football thing though. you go to any pub in cov on fri sat night from 6pm I’d say 95% are on drugs.

Miles off, 50% of blokes possibly, and I'm being generous there

Nick

Administrator
the way we were treated Saturday antagonises the idiots. get treated like a criminal more likely act like one

That's bullshit, having sniffer dogs isn't treating somebody like a criminal.

It's the same as people whinging about stop and search in case people have knives on them, don't carry a knife and it's no issue is it?

clint van damme

Surely a group of hooligans/ex hooligans would prefer to have their big day out at somewhere that isn't a nice friendly club with no real reputation or hooligan influence?

it was a day out for a birthday celebration.

rob9872

I think many are simply legion wannabes than actual legion of which I doubt there were anything like the numbers suggested.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

There were sniffer dogs outside Lords and Edgbaston at the cricket this summer, and at Spurs stadium for the NFL yesterday.

Briles

F

Of course football fans get a bad rep. Do you see fights outside rugby, cricket, ice hockey, motor racing grounds? There's a reason for that and its not "Persecution"

You eejit.

Users who are viewing this thread