Our Fans (1 Viewer)

SBAndy

Absolute embarrassment today. The sooner these muppets who have the urge to throw bottles fuck off the better. Same for those who thought chucking smoke bombs on the pitch was acceptable. This “we do what we want” attitude is a disgrace. Brought a non-Cov fan along today who didn’t realise we had a reputation for trouble, but as soon as we get to Rotherham you see police horses and on speaking to the police they had to close a pub early because City fans had been throwing bottles. He was shocked at the state of our support and as a result I ain’t bothering with an away game for a while off the back of today.

Irish Sky Blue

As I was leaving today I saw a 'City fan' shouting at two Rotherham fans, an old guy in a wheelchair and the younger man pushing him, calling them Paedos. Very classy.

CCFC54321

Absolute embarrassment today. The sooner these muppets who have the urge to throw bottles fuck off the better. Same for those who thought chucking smoke bombs on the pitch was acceptable. This “we do what we want” attitude is a disgrace. Brought a non-Cov fan along today who didn’t realise we had a reputation for trouble, but as soon as we get to Rotherham you see police horses and on speaking to the police they had to close a pub early because City fans had been throwing bottles. He was shocked at the state of our support and as a result I ain’t bothering with an away game for a while off the back of today.

bye bye then you soft touch. Let the morons chase you away.
Grow up and grow a pair.

letsallsingtogether

bye bye then you soft touch. Let the morons chase you away.
Grow up and grow a pair.
Really?
No wonder hes giveng up.
We go to watch football, not some chavs getting pissed on a can of Bass Shandy.
Shame saw the same at SA on Saturday, we are taking an 80+ year old women to the next game she cant make it on her own hope they stay away and not ruin the only thing she looks forward to.
Tbh I wouldnt go if I wasn't taking her.
Fucking muppets.

Evo1883

The vast majority of our fans are superb, you missed that bit out mate
I don't condone the idiots though,but on the whole we have great fans

larry_david

The blue flare thing isn't new. Happened at crewe away 2 years ago when we scored. We've always had a handful of twat fans but you ask any football fan and they'll say exactly the same. As soon as I arrived today there were 4 lads smoking in the toilets.

CCFC54321

Really?
No wonder hes giveng up.
We go to watch football, not some chavs getting pissed on a can of Bass Shandy.
Shame saw the same at SA on Saturday, we are taking an 80+ year old women to the next game she cant make it on her own hope they stay away and not ruin the only thing she looks forward to.
Tbh I wouldnt go if I wasn't taking her.
Fucking muppets.
99% of city’s support is class. Don’t let 1% chase you away.

Evo1883

Hardly the point though is it.

Well no but what can we do?
That's the job of the club and authorities to stamp out the bad within the fanbase.. There's plenty of threads on here about how bad our fans are but never really any about how good we are, strange mentality

There were a handful of twats today that I saw... Big following small amount of twats

Last edited:

letsallsingtogether

Well no but what can we do?
That's the job of the club and authorities to stamp out the bad within the fanbase.. There's plenty of threads on here about how bad our fans are but never really any about how good we are, strange mentality
Because behaving yourself is normal.
We have had trouble with City fans not nice at all and we can look after ourselves, but that is not the point we go to watch football not some twat who thinks he is Johnny Concrete.

Evo1883

Like I said, the majority of fans that go and behave are great, the authorities and the club will eventually get to the minority and that's that... Its football, happens at every club all over the world at some stage..
Life goes on

Evo1883

It's because people think they can just blame it on sisu and being at st Andrews.
Nonsense, Coventry fans were horrendous during the early 2000s, no sisu, no St andrews

In the last few days I've seen Southampton fans, Tottenham fans, bayern fans, pompey fans all misbehave... Its not just a Coventry thing

Its a football problem, been happening for what... 50 years or more now

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

The blue flare thing isn't new. Happened at crewe away 2 years ago when we scored. We've always had a handful of twat fans but you ask any football fan and they'll say exactly the same. As soon as I arrived today there were 4 lads smoking in the toilets.

I went for a slash at half time and there was two lads smoking, then 4 blokes of 50+ came out the same cubical obviously on the gear. Was in the pub that got closed for about 30 seconds before they announced they were closing, nipped to the loo there, Coke openly being handed between blokes of 40. Finally, in the rhinosaurus, another piss (broke the seal) and in the cubical all you could hear was credit cards tapping porcelain and a shit load of snorting. Why are adults getting coked up at 1pm on a Saturday to watch football. I think it’s more of a reflection on society than cov fans specifically but we were embarrassing today. Usually the majority are superb, there was more than a fair share of bellends there today. It was toxic from kick off and it was noticeable in lack of chants and singing that it wasn’t the usual crowd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chiefdave

Its completely idiotic behaviour, there's no excuse for it. Unfortunately it seems to be getting worse and we can see from some of the comments on similar threads in the past that self policing isn't going to work as they don't think they're doing anything wrong.

Needs stamping out. Not sure how but the club and the police have to come up with something. We know there are people who are put off going to away games and now we've seen people saying the same about the behaviour at home games. Its not the 70s, people should be able to go and watch a game of football without worrying about trouble.

CovKid73

Cracking turnout by the SBA....... Although a minority of buzzards. One lad I saw spent the majority of the second half giving it loads to some of the blokes in the Family Stand - I mean the Family Stand?!?. Couple of theirs were just having a bit of a laugh at us, they were winning we were crap - no massive issues - all part of the fun. This tool - Ralph Lauren cap, Burberry check scarf (yeah Burberry.........) was doing the old slit throat gesture repeatedly. Brave.

pusbccfc

Nonsense, Coventry fans were horrendous during the early 2000s, no sisu, no St andrews

In the last few days I've seen Southampton fans, Tottenham fans, bayern fans, pompey fans all misbehave... Its not just a Coventry thing

Its a football problem, been happening for what... 50 years or more now

Sensible post.

It wasn't pretty today, and it was far worse than usual but there does seem to be this view from Coventry fans that we are a the most poorly behaved set of fans. It happens at most clubs when they have a big day out.

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
It can stop you feeling the effects of alcohol so much so some people use it when on the booze so they can drink more without getting blackout drunk.

I'm half dreading MK in a couple of weeks, they'll all be out then.
They need to learn how to handle their beer then

Liquid Gold

That makes no sense to me. Why would you want to make it so that getting drunk becomes way more expensive as you're buying twice as much booze and a load of gear?
It's just so you can keep drinking all day without reaching your limit and having to go home. I'm not condoning it and don't touch the stuff but that's the reason for it.

theferret

Some premier league bed-wetting on here tonight. I swear some people spend more time watching the crowd than they do the game. Absolutely guarantee that night after we've taken a decent following anywhere they'll be a new 'our fans' thread.

I didn't see any trouble today. There were a few twats, but nothing I've not seen countless times before. It's right to call out bad behaviour, and I don't understand why people snort that shit, but have we really reached the point where people are taking to the internet to write a detailed account of an away fan making rude gestures at a home fan? Just ignore it and watch the game.

The smoke bombs are a bit pointless, but hardly worth getting in a flap over. You wonder how some people would cope following a European team where they have full-on fireworks displays in the away end.

Let's not pretend we're in any way unique. The worst behaviour I've seen this year was Blackpool at SA. Nothing close to that happened today as far as I know.

Macca

unfortunately some people get a hard on believing we have a reputation. Sadly we do. But it’s for trampy behaviour by a few who are then out of the blocks if they bump into anyone likely to fight back

Reactions: vow

Users who are viewing this thread