One small march negative (4 Viewers)

Monners

Just read your post again - you are an idiot.

Just for the record, I am not one of those types - fox hunty, EDL etc..

Cov born to Irish parents, attended state schools, lived in Semilong for 14 years (if you know the town, you will know that it isn't posh!) and Kingsthorpe for the rest - not posh either (at least not now that I live here).

If you don't like the town then fine - no need to be a dick about though is there. Nprthampton people don't have much interest in Coventry (the football club or the city). Plenty of sympathy from friends though about our plight - Incidentally, none of these are foxy or EDL types either.

Gosford Green

Northamptons eastern district was one big London overspill, a sprawling ghastly place that seemd to go on forever and IIRC the town of Northampton is probably now as big as Cov population wise. I can be arsed to google it I am sure someone will point me right (no pun) or wrong.

I knew 2 blokes who were BNP organisers and both ran for a place on the local council. This was 6 or so years ago when the BNP was the new pants of the right.

I really never liked the place and was always so glad to get on that M45. I remember SF getting built, I drove past it on the way home most nights, souless unlike my beloved Highfield Road and small almost hidden away from the road as though the good people of Northampton thought football a peasants game (its a rugby town first and foremost) where as the Ricoh is the frst thing you see on the M6 coming into Cov. The horror I felt when my football team moved there is akin to seeing your wife run off with a bloke at the pub who is universally known as a bit of a twat.

Last edited:

Gosford Green

Just read your post again - you are an idiot.

Just for the record, I am not one of those types - fox hunty, EDL etc..

Cov born to Irish parents, attended state schools, lived in Semilong for 14 years (if you know the town, you will know that it isn't posh!) and Kingsthorpe for the rest - not posh either (at least not now that I live here).

If you don't like the town then fine - no need to be a dick about though is there. Nprthampton people don't have much interest in Coventry (the football club or the city). Plenty of sympathy from friends though about our plight - Incidentally, none of these are foxy or EDL types either.

You might be a knob but we are both Coventry born (Gulson Road) to Irish parents, it looks like thats where the similarity ends.

Monners

SO you don't like the place. Fair enough. And, I wouldn't choose to live in the Eastern District. I mentioned the BNP bit, but that was happening all round the country at the time. Could it be that th EDL types that were there on Saturday, may have been local to the Coventry area? Just a thought.

Can't wait to get back to to Cov as well by the way. Only reason I had left for visiting my home town was the footie.

Edit: Hopeful that there aren't many similarities either - born Middlemarch Road by the way (St. Augustines primary, until we left for upmarket Northamptonshire) :)

Last edited:

Covkid1968#

Ck68, where exactly was this & what time?
With all the media around, am sure they are captured somewhere!
Name & shame the morons!
There is no racism in football!!
Hopefully the SBT will get to the bottom of it!! Morals & all that.......

Right under the ringroad with the car parks to the left and right. No idea of time but it was towards the back of the march

Lets not over egg this - the numbers were small and isolated to a group who seemed to know each other.

I personally dont get the racist thing, I dont know any racists and so its a shock when its in your face in a public place. But given that there were 7000 peeps on the march I agree that it is a tiny % of society and that % was reflected on the day.

CK1968

Gosford Green

Probably from Cov almost certainly infact. I just blame Northampton on all my woes, its the fault of the place that my van had a flat battery last week.

TurkeyTrot

I've worked in Northamptonshire for 16 years at three different places, no different from any town/ city in warwickshire*
*Excluding Long Buckby, they throw sticks at the big metal snake that stops in their village and marry close relatives and have webbed feet.

Users who are viewing this thread