One small march negative (1 Viewer)

Covkid1968#

Fantastic day, Moz's speech almost brought a tear to my eye

But on the journey to Broadgate a very small group of idiots started chanting EDL when a Asian family passed.....why does football attract such fecking idiots. If I wasnt with my kids I would have told them to grow up and do one.

The pleasing thing was nobody joined in

Great day and thanks to the SBT

pusbccfc

Didn't see that, but did see some prats giving the Leicester fan (who was no older than 12) abuse. Despite the fact he was holding a Sisu Out banner.

His dad, quite rightfully confronted them.

skybluelee

But on the journey to Broadgate a very small group of idiots started chanting EDL when a Asian family passed.....why does football attract such fecking idiots. If I wasnt with my kids I would have told them to grow up and do one.

Fucking cringeworthy. Uneducated thick twats. Do you not have schools in Coventry?

rob9872

Everyone has them and unfortunately we are no exception. Its society not football so I guess we shouldn't be surprised however shocking.

Hobo

Fucking cringeworthy. Uneducated thick twats. Do you not have schools in Coventry?

You are assuming they are from Coventry and not Beduff ;-) (cliche) or even our new found fan base in Northampton (boo hiss pantomime villans) ;-)

It is sad isn't it also having ago at a 12 year old a Leicester fan, who was supporting the march! Bonkers!

Last edited:

ajsccfc

In any large number of people you're guaranteed a small number of morons. I don't think it's so much football as a law of averages kind of thing.

olderskyblue

A negative: The sound system in Broadgate kept failing. People around me were all complaining they couldn't hear, and left. As did I.

NorthernWisdom

A negative: The sound system in Broadgate kept failing. People around me were all complaining they couldn't hear, and left. As did I.

Have to admit, for those of us who could only turn up late, I got there and my first response was 'is this it?!?' so kind of glad to see the photos later, that show I missed out on the actual decent bit!

Always the way, always late to the party...

shmmeee

I left pretty soon after the speeches started and I was hardly alone walking back at that time. The march itself was definitely the high point.

skybluetony176

Here's a positive.

I was chatting with a cousin on facebook last night. He's not a CCFC fan or Indeed a football fan but was working in Coventry on Saturday morning and decided to hang around and see what was going on. He got chatting to some fans and ended up joining them for some refreshments. He enjoyed the whole experiance so much he now wants to go and watch CCFC when they return to the Ricoh. I dont know who he was drinking with but they did a good job of converting him into a cov fan and a follower of nopm until the club goes home.

SonOfSnoz

Ck68, where exactly was this & what time?
With all the media around, am sure they are captured somewhere!
Name & shame the morons!
There is no racism in football!!
Hopefully the SBT will get to the bottom of it!! Morals & all that.......

turlykerd

Didn't see that, but did see some prats giving the Leicester fan (who was no older than 12) abuse. Despite the fact he was holding a Sisu Out banner.

His dad, quite rightfully confronted them.

That's just dumb ... I mean , real fucking dumb . Some kid supporting us , no matter what his team is, should be applauded . And he's got some nuts too , I'm sure we've all walked or ended up in the middle of opposition fans wearing our city kit and you feel very conspicuous . When I was working in hull town centre a few years back , I left work in my city top and walked to the KC with a shit load of tigers fans , and I took a bit of shit . I can't imagine doing that as a 12 year old .

Gosford Green

Northampton is full of fox hunting tory types at one end of the social scale and at the other end hordes of EDL / BNP little englanders, Britian First should have a foothold by now. I worked there for 9 years and know it very well. Lets blame these twats on Saturday on that place.

Its actually quite a suitable place for hedge funds and their followers.

Nick

Administrator
Northampton is full of fox hunting tory types at one end of the social scale and at the other end hordes of EDL / BNP little englanders, Britian First should have a foothold by now. I worked there for 9 years and know it very well. Lets blame these twats on Saturday on that place.

Ahh anybody bad must be from Northampton but anybody good from Cov? That makes sense....

Monners

Lived and worked in Northampton for 29 years mate - and you are talking bollocks.

Gosford Green

Tories are thin on the ground in Coventry and so are fox hunts, never met that many right wing types either. A few on here yes but they probably dont live anywhere near Coventry.

Coventry is quite to the left. Thats my point. Lets use the clubs move 35 miles away to this alien shithouse as a reason to explain EDL chants.

Nick

Administrator
Tories are thin on the ground in Coventry and so are fox hunts, never met that many right wing types either. A few on here yes but they probably dont live anywhere near Coventry.

Coventry is quite to the left. Thats my point. Lets use the clubs move 35 miles away to this alien shithouse as a reason to explain EDL chants.

Can we not use mental illness to explain your posts*?

*This is a joke.

Monners

A slightly more rational argument GG - soz for the swearing in my initial response.

I don't know too many foxy types in the town itself - the surrounding villages, then yes - there are plenty of wealthy landowner types. But the same can be said for Warwickshire (although I don't know the county as well). Northampton doesn't have the same scale of industrial history as Cov, and has only really grown from the 70's onwards. A lot of people moved up from the London area, with also plenty of Irish, Poles (and not just latterly) and Indian sub continent.

Politically the two constituencies have had Labour and Tory over the years, with Northampton North marginal - tends to be the surrounding villages that support the Tory vote, but that's not to say that some in the town do. Cov is more left wing, undoubtedly, but Northampton (local elections) tends to swing from Tory (at the minute), to Lib Dem, to Labour. An interesting political landscape indeed. The town itself is quite differnet to the rest of the county.

As for extremists - unfortunately you get them everywhere, but the EDL haven't made much impact (unfortuntately the BNP almost did a few years back, but this seems to have tailed off). UKIP on the other hand have actually done well - all being well, that will change.

Last edited:

Steve.B50

Ck68, where exactly was this & what time?
With all the media around, am sure they are captured somewhere!
Name & shame the morons!
There is no racism in football!!
Hopefully the SBT will get to the bottom of it!! Morals & all that.......

The SBT have had no reports of any such incidents. First I heard of this was on here.

Users who are viewing this thread