Nuneaton MP to raise CCFC home next season in Parliament (3 Viewers)

skybluetony176

Not really how it works though tony. If there were a block by CCC then it wouldn't be in the form of a formal statements - that might prejudice their legal position. There are other ways eg not supporting infra structure developments around the ground, getting other developments done that could hamper Butts Park, quiet back ground talks that put pressure on. CRFC & Sharpe need the support of CCC to get anything done - that's a lever CCC can use. I think it would be naiive to think they haven't used it
Understand all that but even then the appeal process means it’s central government who has the final say on planning not CCC. If JS wanted to deal with SISU I’d be pretty sure he wouldn’t have to worry about SISU coming to the table in an appeal and any subsequent legal proceedings should the appeal prove that prejudice led to an application being turned down. You can’t turn a planning application down on the basis that SISU are involved. It could be argued that with SISU on board that actually application would be treated so fairly that the council would have to have an extremely good case for refusal because of fear of yet another JR with SISU.

I think it’s more likely that JS is just astute enough to keep his distance. Like you said in another post not much is happening with the three year plan. Sounds like he could do with the investment SISU were saying that they could muster. Maybe it turns out that they couldn’t muster it so he won’t deal with SISU. Maybe he sussed it all to be a bluff so won’t deal with SISU. Could literally be dozens of reasons why he won’t deal with SISU. Aside from common sense ;)

Nick

Administrator
We all know from past experience the FL won't dig too deeply.

The CCC quotes are from the CT

Council official says Butts Park football block was just a tactic

Pretty easy to write off Sharpe ruling it out since, they would just say that he's under pressure from CCC. Then give it the "if he didnt want to work on it, why did he submit a business plan", " if he doesnt want to work with us why did he let us show you around".

Again, it's just the impression put across to the football league which is all they will need to do.

italiahorse

It would be pretty naive to think it wasn't printed out straight away and sent to the FL to say "Look at this council" wouldn't it? Which is the point being made.

You mention it amongst yourselves and then start to quote it as fact.
Sisu have never put up a suitable plan (ever) so there is nothing to look at, hence nobody can reject or block it.

Nick

Administrator
Sisu have never put up a suitable plan (ever) so there is nothing to look at, hence nobody can reject or block it.

You aren't getting what's being said again are you?

Do you not think that if it came to moving again that things like that would be used to back their case?

It would be to the FL:

"The local council wont even help and will try their best to hinder us, we tried to look at the only other possible option in Coventry and look what they did."

It will be filed in the "things to show the FL if we need/have to move" drawer when they want to push a narrative to the football league.

Last edited:

chiefdave

Just follow through the basics of what happened:

1) there were reports Fisher had shown the FL around the Butts, not sure if they ever got confirmed but they were dismissed at the time as it was unthinkable that we would move there.
2) Jon Sharp submits the 3 year business plan to CCC based on which he wants the terms of the lease changing. The business plan includes a CCFC groundshare at the Butts. Confirmed by CCC in the CT.
3) CCC attempt to insert a clause preventing professional football being played at the Butts. Confirmed by CCC in the CT.

That's what the FL will be told if SISU want to move us again. In the unlikely event that somebody makes them aware of Sharps later comments regarding no groundshare with SISU in charge all they have to say is he was happy with it and included it in their business plan until CCC got involved.

Similarly for staying at the Ricoh:

1) Wasps announce via the CT they will not engage in any further talks with CCFC when Anderson had said negotiations were going well.
2) Boddy holds talks with Wasps, you would assume minuted so there will be evidence, to extend the short term deal and says he hopes to make an announcement at Xmas.
3) No announcement is made and when supporters query this on CWR, on more than one occasion, they are told the hold up is with Wasps who have backed out of an agreement.

If you're the FL and that is presented to you, and remember there is no other version of events being presented, do you say you have tried but have no option but to play elsewhere or do you expel the club from the FL essentially ending the clubs existence. No doubt followed by several years in court.

Nick

Administrator
People will just say "The FL need to be tougher", "The FL need to take the share off them" but realistically what can they do? What can the MP's discussing it do to force CCFC to stay in Coventry or get answers?

RoboCCFC90

People will just say "The FL need to be tougher", "The FL need to take the share off them" but realistically what can they do? What can the MP's discussing it do to force CCFC to stay in Coventry or get answers?

Unfortunately I fear this is the case.

The EFL just police the competition rules and if CCFC can prove that they're keeping within the rules and EFL requirements then there is nothing the EFL or the FA can do, as frustrating as it is.

Terry Gibson's perm

Marcus Jones should be concentrating on things like the over development in Nuneaton and the underfunding at the hospital not involving himself in football matters having met him in the past he is a total bellend full of hot air and bullshit

thekidfromstrettoncamp

I still think Wasps will say p...off. If I owned a house legally and you come to me and said I want to rent a room and you also said I am going to court to make you pay more for your house although I don't want it. You would say?

italiahorse

You aren't getting what's being said again are you?

Do you not think that if it came to moving again that things like that would be used to back their case?

It would be to the FL:

"The local council wont even help and will try their best to hinder us, we tried to look at the only other possible option in Coventry and look what they did."

It will be filed in the "things to show the FL if we need/have to move" drawer when they want to push a narrative to the football league.

Putting it bluntly, it's not worth discussing because if they moved the club again most of us would not give a sh1t anymore.
It's hypothetical an Sisu have nothing to gain, so it won't happen.
There will be a one year deal.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

Italiahorse if the club was moved I would think all bar the very young would stop going .I brought this up before Christmas and the word was plenty of time this time only plays into Sisu's hands they will say no alternative but to move but if that happened I would hope the football supporter in any league we would be playing in would say we will not travel to your home games and in return we fill their grounds in exchange . This cancer that is Sisu and their like have got to be kicked out of football

Nick

Administrator
Putting it bluntly, it's not worth discussing because if they moved the club again most of us would not give a sh1t anymore.
It's hypothetical an Sisu have nothing to gain, so it won't happen.
There will be a one year deal.

You still completely miss the point to then say it's irrelevant when you don't understand it still.

italiahorse

You still completely miss the point to then say it's irrelevant when you don't understand it still.

You always say that when the answer is not the answer you want.
Lets make its simple. It's hypothetical as Sisu won't move the club now as they have nothing to gain.
It's only you guys that keep saying they have a case to move the club.
Or, another classic is Wasps moved so if we do its okay.

The only deal now is the Ricoh.
Everybody knows this including Wasps and Sisu. (Well nearly everybody)

Nick

Administrator
You always say that when the answer is not the answer you want.
Lets make its simple. It's hypothetical as Sisu won't move the club now as they have nothing to gain.
It's only you guys that keep saying they have a case to move the club.
Or, another classic is Wasps moved so if we do its okay.

The only deal now is the Ricoh.
Everybody knows this including Wasps and Sisu. (Well nearly everybody)

The discussion was about what can the MPs do, which then led to what can the Football League do if the MPs then shout at them.

You then started to go on about how it was only me and CD who thought that SISU would have that lined up to push their view and we had made it all up. We clearly hadn't as anybody with sense will know that SISU will use that if they needed to to push their side of things to the Football League.

If you are saying the club will 100% get a deal at the Ricoh from your insiders at Wasps I suggest you get in touch with the media and MPs ;)

The fact you still don't seem to understand what was being talked about doesn't fare too well does it?

It's interesting though because you have gone from giving it loads like this:

Seems you and CD are alone on this.

To saying how it's irrelevant anyway.

Dave's post above pretty much sums up the scenarios.

italiahorse

The discussion was about what can the MPs do, which then led to what can the Football League do if the MPs then shout at them.

You then started to go on about how it was only me and CD who thought that SISU would have that lined up to push their view and we had made it all up. We clearly hadn't as anybody with sense will know that SISU will use that if they needed to to push their side of things to the Football League.

If you are saying the club will 100% get a deal at the Ricoh from your insiders at Wasps I suggest you get in touch with the media and MPs ;)

The fact you still don't seem to understand what was being talked about doesn't fare too well does it?

It's interesting though because you have gone from giving it loads like this:

To saying how it's irrelevant anyway.

Dave's post above pretty much sums up the scenarios.

You asked the question.
Both of you keep justifying the club have a reason to move at the end of your posts.
That's the bit i'm responding to and the answer you don't like.

I've already said that the MP(s) will get nowhere.

Is there a list of 'stock answers' we can refer to if we don't want to argue all day?

CD post just picks out a few points but misses the facts behind them why it won't happen.

Nick

Administrator
You asked the question.
Both of you keep justifying the club have a reason to move at the end of your posts.
That's the bit i'm responding to and the answer you don't like.

I've already said that the MP(s) will get nowhere.

Is there a list of 'stock answers' we can refer to if we don't want to argue all day?

You still aren't understanding the points being made. It isn't us justifying anything.

Not sure how it could be explained any simpler for you.

Maybe try to grasp the conversion and what is being said before going all out or trying to be cocky and they won't go on as long.

italiahorse

You still aren't understanding the points being made. It isn't us justifying anything.

Not sure how it could be explained any simpler for you.

Maybe try to grasp the conversion and what is being said before going all out or trying to be cocky and they won't go on as long.

You've lost me.
I've addressed the OP.
Now I'm addressing the gaps in the selective facts dropping out of it..

Nick

Administrator
I've understood what I need to and addressed the OP.
If I missed something it's obviously not interesting enough to pass comment on.
Yes, because you have only responded to the original post and nothing else in the thread.

You have passed comment on it also, whilst missing the point.

You can't be that stupid surely?

Nick

Administrator
I always know I've won the argument when the insults start. BINGO !!
You haven't though, as you either struggle to see the point or you are acting thick ?

Could at least just go quiet like Tony if it's above your head.

You tried to be cocky, it backfired as others saw the point, understood it and agreed.

italiahorse

You haven't though, as you either struggle to see the point or you are acting thick ?

Could at least just go quiet like Tony if it's above your head.

You tried to be cocky, it backfired as others saw the point, understood it and agreed.

Okay i'll persist.
What did I miss ................................................

Nick

Administrator
You don't know then ?
..... only saying that because I have looked and it's not obvious.
FFS What others, Dave ? LOL
You are still making yourself look silly. Read it back through.

You seem to be the only one missing the point, others have grasped it.

This is the problem dealing with shouty mouth breathers.

italiahorse

You are still making yourself look silly. Read it back through.

You seem to be the only one missing the point

This is the problem dealing with shouty mouth breathers.

Hold on I'll get some matchsticks.
MP actions a waste of time TICK
FL response a waste of time TICK
CD selective comments corrected TICK
SISU justified in moving us out not realistic optionTICK
Nick's mindless last word persistence TICK
Nope ..... nothing I've not addressed.

Nick

Administrator
Hold on I'll get some matchsticks.
MP actions a waste of time TICK
FL response a waste of time TICK
CD selective comments corrected TICK
SISU justified in moving us out not realistic optionTICK
Nick's mindless last word persistence TICK
Nope ..... nothing I've not addressed.
You still haven't actually understood the point..

Londonccfcfan

I still think Wasps will say p...off. If I owned a house legally and you come to me and said I want to rent a room and you also said I am going to court to make you pay more for your house although I don't want it. You would say?

A friend of mine (season ticket holder) i cant say who he works for but wasps are one of their partners. Has spoken to one of the Directors of wasps albeit HR Director and she informed him, they have verbally agreed a one year deal, SISU just havnt signed it yet!

I think this is fairly common knowledge that a one year deal has been agreed, but something just doesnt add up why they SISU havnt signed the paperwork yet.

Users who are viewing this thread