Nuneaton MP to raise CCFC home next season in Parliament (4 Viewers)

italiahorse

The points were made hours ago which you still haven't got. Are you deliberately acting so thick?

I'm not wading through hours of posts because you say I haven't answered the question that you can't simply just quote .
I would be thick if I did.
Grow up.

skybluetony176

The point is that literally no one and I do mean literally no one wants to deal with the club while SISU are involved.

CRFC for whatever reasons
CCC for whatever reasons
Higgs for what ever reason
The current board at NTFC apparently for whatever reason
Maybe even MK for whatever ever reason
Fans are boycotting home games, we struggle for local sponsors etc etc

In fact the only people who may possibly entertain us is ironically Wasps

CD and Nick want you to believe that there’s one evil entity behind it all pressing evil buttons making every one feel this way about the club. Ironically they’re correct but in another twist of irony they’re looking in the wrong direction.

covmark

The point is that literally no one and I do mean literally no one wants to deal with the club while SISU are involved.

CCC for whatever reasons

CD and Nick want you to believe that there’s one evil entity behind it all pressing evil buttons making every one feel this way about the club. Ironically they’re correct but in another twist of irony they’re looking in the wrong direction.
What the hell are you dribbling on about? It's fucking obvious what Nick and Dave are trying to explain to you and that fool Italia.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator

CCC for whatever reasons

What are you on about now? Still struggling to read?

Otis

Announcement at Christmas. Dave!!! Dave? Dave!! Are you there Mr Boddy?
If I remember correctly it was suggested that we were close to being able to announce a deal, but that there were some sticking points.

Can only guess those sticking points are still sticking.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
I think this is fairly common knowledge that a one year deal has been agreed, but something just doesnt add up why they SISU havnt signed the paperwork yet.

I think it is just brinkmanship on all sides. SISU have a long history at CCFC of leaving things to the last minute in the hope of applying some sort of pressure to others and Wasps don't need to rush it because they are under no real pressure to get it done, they know that puts pressure on SISU/CCFC. I would think that the prospect of mediation imposed by the courts on all matters including a deal at the Ricoh will also have created a delay especially if SISU believe they can get a better deal because of it. I don't think either side has been in a rush to sign, and the fact that it is still referred to as verbal is hardly reassuring. Both sides will allow it to be seen as the other sides fault.

That said it is hard to see how the Otium directors & auditors sign off the 2017 financials due to be filed 28/02/2018 if they can not demonstrate they have somewhere to play for the next 12 months or more - the implication of no ground to play in is that Otium is no longer a going concern

The worst thing about a one year deal is that we will be back in the same position this time next year. It undermines any stability being built, and doesn't allow any medium or long term planning because I really do not see any alternatives in Coventry becoming available to CCFC in the next 12 months. You might think that a longer deal might get CCFC better terms, almost certainly a 12 month one will not. Despite reassurances that it doesn't affect the squad it is hardly comforting or a selling point that in 2020 we could still have the prospect of being homeless. If the owners can not commit to anything even medium term for the club, be it a home, academy facilities or training ground why should others?

Last edited:

skybluetony176

What are you on about now? Still struggling to read?
I can read. You seem to have yourself conveniently fixated on one small detail while conveniently ignoring the bigger picture that people don’t want to deal with the club under the current owners. The outcome of their behaviour (which has led to a situation where no one wants to deal with us) may well have given the FA justification to accept moving the club again (if they can find someone who will deal with them) however your choosing to ignore the nucleus of our problems so you can conveniently point fingers in other directions. The problem for you is I can read and I don’t mind telling it as I see it.

Skyblueweeman

I think it is just brinkmanship on all sides. SISU have a long history at CCFC of leaving things to the last minute in the hope of applying some sort of pressure to others and Wasps don't need to rush it because they are under no real pressure to get it done. I would think that the prospect of mediation imposed by the courts on all matters including a deal at the Ricoh will also have created a delay especially if SISU believe they can get a better deal because of it. I don't think either side has been in a rush to sign, and the fact that it is still referred to as verbal is hardly reassuring. Both sides will allow it to be seen as the other sides fault. That said it is hard to see how the directors & auditors sign off the 2017 financials due to be filed 28/02/2018 if they can not demonstrate they have somewhere to play for the next 12 months or more

The worst thing about a one year deal is that we will be back in the same position this time next year. It undermines any stability being built, and doesn't allow any medium or long term planning because I really do not see any alternatives becoming available to CCFC in the next 12 months. Despite reassurances that it doesn't affect the squad it is hardly comforting or a selling point that in 2020 we could still have the prospect of being homeless. If the owners can not commit to anything even medium term for the club, be it a home, academy facilities or training ground why should others?

OSB, allow me to introduce you to Dale..... :)

Nick

Administrator
I can read. You seem to have yourself conveniently fixated on one small detail while conveniently ignoring the bigger picture that people don’t want to deal with the club under the current owners. The outcome of their behaviour (which has led to a situation where no one wants to deal with us) may well have given the FA justification to accept moving the club again (if they can find someone who will deal with them) however your choosing to ignore the nucleus of our problems so you can conveniently point fingers in other directions. The problem for you is I can read and I don’t mind telling it as I see it.

You are still missing the point, nobody is fixated on one small detail it was saying the case that SISU would take to the FL and how the FL can pretty much do nothing about it and they were things that would be used to push a narrative to the FL.

You are choosing to ignore the context and the point of what was being discussed again.

I have already pointed out where you were struggling to read when you were giving it loads about Dave saying how the council HAD blocked things, when he said they TRIED to block things and that's what SISU will be pointing out to the FL if it came to moving away.

Take a look in the mirror if you want to accuse people of struggling to read. CD said that CCC had blocked a move to BPA.

They just go to the FL and say they tried to agree a deal to stay at the Ricoh but Wasps walked away, they looked in to moving to the Butts but the council tried to block it.

OSB, NW and others have seen the context of what was being said and why it was being discussed. It looks like it is just you and Italia who have completely missed it. Italia is moaning that Dave posted up a one sided view, not realising that it was the approach SISU would take to the FL if they needed to which in turn means the FL can't do anything, which in turn means the MPs can't do anything.

Nick

Administrator
Imagine walking into OSB's accountancy office for a meeting to be greeted by his assistant, the mad hatter to sort out all of your tax issues. ;)

That's where the dislike comes in, jealousy!

Liquid Gold

With regards to the statements being put out on twitter and the like being non committal I'd say that it's most likely to do with a confidentiality clause in the negotiations.

Hobo

Cardiff Blues have just had their talks with the owners of Cardiff Arms Park break down, negotiations that have taken 10 years!

Perhaps we are not alone with these difficulties and these things more difficult than we the fans appreciate.

Nick

Administrator
OSB is one of the mad hatters

Monday to Friday

Accountant-dream-meaning.jpg

Saturday and Sunday

NorthernWisdom

A friend of mine (season ticket holder) i cant say who he works for but wasps are one of their partners. Has spoken to one of the Directors of wasps albeit HR Director and she informed him, they have verbally agreed a one year deal, SISU just havnt signed it yet!

I think this is fairly common knowledge that a one year deal has been agreed, but something just doesnt add up why they SISU havnt signed the paperwork yet.
That however would be a perfectly reasonable answer for the club to give. A deal has been agreed verbally... but hasn't been formalised. It'd need Wasps to agree to them saying that as well, of course, but that would be an answer.

You're right, that it's a little concerning that SISU haven't signed off on it yet if true. Unless they're hoping for a better deal at the Butts!

NorthernWisdom

The worst thing about a one year deal is that we will be back in the same position this time next year. It undermines any stability being built, and doesn't allow any medium or long term planning because I really do not see any alternatives in Coventry becoming available to CCFC in the next 12 months. You might think that a longer deal might get CCFC better terms, almost certainly a 12 month one will not. Despite reassurances that it doesn't affect the squad it is hardly comforting or a selling point that in 2020 we could still have the prospect of being homeless. If the owners can not commit to anything even medium term for the club, be it a home, academy facilities or training ground why should others?
I do agree with this... but tbh it also makes sense that the club isn't hamstrung by whatever, and future owners are in a position to make whatever deal is best for them. Part of the issue after all (and yes yes, SISU should have noticed / recognised it as an issue) was the stupid deal the club signed up to with ACL, which contributed to us being unviable to all buyers bar carpetbaggers.

In an ideal world, I guess a rolling year deal might be the best compromise in that sense, so at least it'd be certain unless either club served notice. By no means ideal, but if it were that notice had to be served by the end of December for either party, wrt the coming year ahead, at least we wouldn't be where we are now, clueless and with no idea.

skybluetony176

That however would be a perfectly reasonable answer for the club to give. A deal has been agreed verbally... but hasn't been formalised. It'd need Wasps to agree to them saying that as well, of course, but that would be an answer.

You're right, that it's a little concerning that SISU haven't signed off on it yet if true. Unless they're hoping for a better deal at the Butts!

Aside from what JS has said isn’t the BPA going 3G in the summer? As far as I know 3G pitches aren’t permitted in the league so a move to BPA seems unlikely on the basis of the pitch alone. At least for next season. Don’t go up this season followed by relegation next then who knows.

NorthernWisdom

Aside from what JS has said isn’t the BPA going 3G in the summer? As far as I know 3G pitches aren’t permitted in the league so a move to BPA seems unlikely on the basis of the pitch alone. At least for next season. Don’t go up this season followed by relegation next then who knows.
It was said half flippantly, but we paid for a pitch for Northampton, so in the grand scheme of things that's not an insurmountable hurdle anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread