Nuneaton MP to raise CCFC home next season in Parliament (23 Viewers)

Londonccfcfan

Its getting beyond ridiculous. How can that Boddy declare before Christmas that an anouncement is imminent and now we are well into February without even a follow up or apology that theres obviously been a glitch.

As usual with most things from above at this club the transparency and communication is criminal to its loyal fanbase.

Sick Boy

Hmmm I wonder why someone was more willing to sell to someone offering investment and partnership than taking them to court and slandering them while reneging on every deal they’ve ever made who also repeatedly stated publicly they didn’t want to make an offer.

Truly a mystery!

How much rent had our club paid to the council prior to the stadium being sold? How much was paid to the council to sell it?

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Whilst I kind of agree with a few posters here, yes it needs to be addressed but at the same time wonder is parliament the right place, why is it taking a Nuneaton MP to raising it? What are the Coventry ones doing?

I think that as unrelated as it is, with the pre match plans for Saturday going ahead almost the same way as Wasps do things, and us being allowed to extend or use of the Arena, we must be on better talking terms with Wasps than we were before, so that can only be a positive thing, right?

OK, it might mean that we’ve had to pay extra for the one game (chances are it won’t have come free, and the club will making a loss on the game overall), but I’m trying to see it as a positive.

I’m hoping they give us hot water in the toilet sinks as part of the deal. It was quite satisfying washing my hands the other week and getting hot water from the taps at half time, although I think someone had just turned the boiler on a few hours earlier than planned since there was a Wasps game the following day :D

Nick

Administrator
Whilst I kind of agree with a few posters here, yes it needs to be addressed but at the same time wonder is parliament the right place, why is it taking a Nuneaton MP to raising it? What are the Coventry ones doing?

I think that as unrelated as it is, with the pre match plans for Saturday going ahead almost the same way as Wasps do things, and us being allowed to extend or use of the Arena, we must be on better talking terms with Wasps than we were before, so that can only be a positive thing, right?

OK, it might mean that we’ve had to pay extra for the one game (chances are it won’t have come free, and the club will making a loss on the game overall), but I’m trying to see it as a positive.

I’m hoping they give us hot water in the toilet sinks as part of the deal. It was quite satisfying washing my hands the other week and getting hot water from the taps at half time, although I think someone had just turned the boiler on a few hours earlier than planned since there was a Wasps game the following day :D

There's also the "evening with" type events, granted it isn't multi million pound stuff but it's more than before.

The other thing is how media outlets were reporting a deal was agreed but then Wasps pulled it at the last minute, maybe that is why Boddy said something was imminent and then couldn't announce anything?

Captain Dart

Its getting beyond ridiculous. How can that Boddy declare before Christmas that an anouncement is imminent and now we are well into February without even a follow up or apology that theres obviously been a glitch.

As usual with most things from above at this club the transparency and communication is criminal to its loyal fanbase.

One of the biggest issues for me, what are SISU doing and why do they issue so many misleading statements and fail to deliver on so many promises.

Whatever they are actually doing it is not usually what they say they are doing or intend to do.

Captain Dart

There's also the "evening with" type events, granted it isn't multi million pound stuff but it's more than before.

The other thing is how media outlets were reporting a deal was agreed but then Wasps pulled it at the last minute, maybe that is why Boddy said something was imminent and then couldn't announce anything?

Bloody hell, you are really grasping at straws to try and make a positive, how much profit does an event like that generate, £5,000 tops I would have thought.

Worth doing for a good number of reasons but insubstantial in the grand scheme of things.

Nick

Administrator
Bloody hell, you are really grasping at straws to try and make a positive, how much profit does an event like that generate, £5,000 tops I would have thought.

Worth doing for a good number of reasons but insubstantial in the grand scheme of things.

Did you miss where I said it isn't multi-million but it's more than we have done before? I made a point of saying it's hardly massive, but it wasn't happening at all before.

What is grasping at straws is how you will go all out on threads like this about where a football team play you have no interest in watching and why you needed 2 accounts to do it previously.

skybluetony176

TBF Fisher’s Photoshop skills were far superior.
Just remembering the artist impression of what the new ground would look like that was tried to be passed of as proof of plans. Didn’t it just turn out to be a generic artist impression previously used by Gillingham or someone just with the shirts of the people walking around being changed to sky blue?

Nick

Administrator
Just remembering the artist impression of what the new ground would look like that was tried to be passed of as proof of plans. Didn’t it just turn out to be a generic artist impression previously used by Gillingham or someone just with the shirts of the people walking around being changed to sky blue?

There was something like that but can't find it now, going to annoy me!

italiahorse

Wasps pulled it at the last minute? You'll need to show me that one.
No, the one year deal was there but the courts allowed Sisu to play on, so the deal is just put on the back burner.

Nick

Administrator
Wasps pulled it at the last minute? You'll need to show me that one.
No, the one year deal was there but the courts allowed Sisu to play on, so the deal is just put on the back burner.

giphy.gif

It was said on CWR I think just after the imminent thing came out.

That's why I said if Eastwood, Fisher etc were all hauled up and questioned then fair play it would be getting answers.

I can't see how a few MP's who aren't really interested will get any answers from discussing it between themselves, cynical I know but it's more than likely how it will be.

Nick

Administrator
You think ?

I think that was the time it was said, it was said on CWR that Wasps were holding it up but a deal was agreed.

So if that is the case (it could be wrong), what is a debate going to achieve? Can they force it to be signed and processed?

italiahorse

I think that was the time it was said, it was said on CWR that Wasps were holding it up but a deal was agreed.

So if that is the case (it could be wrong), what is a debate going to achieve? Can they force it to be signed and processed?

As with a lot of this, people show an interest and then that interest just dies away and they leave us with it.

Where are the FL ? Still in Sisu's pocket ?

Nick

Administrator
As with a lot of this, people show an interest and then that interest just dies away and they leave us with it.

Where are the FL ? Still in Sisu's pocket ?

Can the FL force Wasps to sign a deal?

The FL can't really do anything about it, they say "OK, Wasps haven't let you play in Coventry we are taking the club off you" and they open themselves up to worlds of shit with not just us but stadium situations going forward.

itsabuzzard

giphy.gif

That's why I said if Eastwood, Fisher etc were all hauled up and questioned then fair play it would be getting answers.

I can't see how a few MP's who aren't really interested will get any answers from discussing it between themselves, cynical I know but it's more than likely how it will be.
Sorry, but can we lose the apostrophe on "few MP's"? It's plural.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

italiahorse

Can the FL force Wasps to sign a deal?

The FL can't really do anything about it, they say "OK, Wasps haven't let you play in Coventry we are taking the club off you" and they open themselves up to worlds of shit with not just us but stadium situations going forward.

I don't know but do Sisu satisfy the rule on owners ? Perhaps they could force them to loose the club.
I think :) it has happened before.

Nick

Administrator
I don't know but do Sisu satisfy the rule on owners ? Perhaps they could force them to loose the club.
I think :) it has happened before.

How can they force it though? They would open a massive can of worms, it won't happen.

Yes, it would be great if they had it so every team had to own a stadium and had to be fan owned, self-sufficient etc but how do they force it through now? How do they force a deal between stadium owners and tenants?

IF it does turn out Wasps are refusing to sign the deal that's been agreed, the FL won't really have much option than to allow a move. Otherwise what then stops other stadium owners from saying "actually, we want shit loads more because if you don't pay us then the FA will take the club off you".

This whole thing that the FA / FL are going to start taking clubs off owners is madness, yes if they are committing crimes, laundering money and doing illegal stuff they are likely to do it more but with teams like Leyton Orient where the guy chucks loads of money in and then turns off the money tap, they can't force him to hand the club over because he doesn't want to plough money in anymore.

italiahorse

IF it does turn out Wasps are refusing to sign the deal that's been agreed, the FL won't really have much option than to allow a move.

They will sign a deal on financial and political reasons.
I heard that the deal mentioned earlier was put together after CCFC were in discussions on moving to MK.

Nick

Administrator
I heard that the deal mentioned earlier was put together after CCFC were in discussions on moving to MK.

Decent seats there, did say to the wife that it's ideal because she could go to the cinema while I go into football. ;)

If they will sign a deal and we will be at the Ricoh, what are a few MPs going to do by discussing it? Realistically, what can they force?

Warwickhunt

The only thing that the MP'S can do is bring the FL into line and make them responsible for the governance of the football league and don't allow them to hide over the difficult decisions.

italiahorse

Decent seats there, did say to the wife that it's ideal because she could go to the cinema while I go into football. ;)

If they will sign a deal and we will be at the Ricoh, what are a few MPs going to do by discussing it? Realistically, what can they force?

It's near my sisters so it will be a weekend away.
The MP discussion will be a waste of time. They can't do anything of value other than air our dirty washing in public.
Can't see other teams fans being interested.
Just imagine the Arsenal fans with all their teams problems (Talk Sport phone ins) showing interest.

skybluetony176

A Northampton Town supporting mate of mine said he’d heard that our owners had looked at the possibility of ground sharing with MK. Took it with a pinch of salt at the time.

Skyblueweeman

As much as I can't wait to find out where we'll be playing next season, I'm not looking forward to the 86 page thread that will inevitably follow up with the usual arguments over how we've been shafted/how we've bowed down to insects/how SISU have achieved a good deal/how SISU have screwed us etc etc etc...

Skyblueweeman

A Northampton Town supporting mate of mine said he’d heard that our owners had looked at the possibility of ground sharing with MK. Took it with a pinch of salt at the time.

I think another ground share away from Coventry would probably be the end for many of the loyal fans.

Personally, I think it'll be another nail in the coffin for us if that were to happen. And I'm normally one of the more optimistic fans on here....

Captain Dart

NortonSkyBlue

I think another ground share away from Coventry would probably be the end for many of the loyal fans.

Personally, I think it'll be another nail in the coffin for us if that were to happen. And I'm normally one of the more optimistic fans on here....
It would be the end for me, no question. I believe that to remove our club outside the city was a travesty and through their incompetence for it to happen again would be a line I will not cross literally and emotionally.

skybluetony176

Agree totally. The story I heard from him is that Northampton have given us a solid no on the possibility of return so we were exploring MK as an alternative. He heard it in the stands at Sixfields, hence I’ve taken it with a pinch of salt.

clint van damme

It would be the same as the Northampton move for me, I wouldn't go and if they move back I'll start going again.
Hopefully it won't come to that.

Sick Boy

It probably would do but the club's long-term future its city was put in doubt when a franchise rugby team moved in.

chiefdave

Its been said more than once on CWR. A deal was agreed which is when Boddy said an announcement was imminent. Wasps then pulled out of the deal. It was stated on CWR that the club is waiting on Wasps and there is little they can do until they get an answer from them.

To be honest its probably better that Boddy is keeping quiet. The other option is him or Fisher start speaking in public which would be presented by the local media as them having a go at Wasps and would just make things worse.

Users who are viewing this thread