Nuneaton Match Thread (4 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
Most Coventry fans are goons at the best of times, take them to Nuneaton and it brings the 'specialness' out even more!
Yeah a few of them were a bit special.

Still got to love starting on an oap steward and giving it loads in his face while your mates hold you back. Then walking back acting like a hero.

I am too young to renember hooligans but I'm pretty sure they weren't like that.

ccfc92

Still got to love starting on an oap steward and giving it loads in his face while your mates hold you back. Then walking back acting like a hero.

I am too young to renember hooligans but I'm pretty sure they weren't like that.

Did you recognise any of them?

stupot07

Not to mention the disgraceful songs they were singing at the steward. Absolute vile bellends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

stupot07

Did I hear saville?

Yes, "there's only one Jimmy saville" and "peado give us a wave".

Anyone who sang them or finds it funny are an absolute disgrace. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Nick

Administrator
Yes, "there's only one Jimmy saville" and "peado give us a wave".

Anyone who sang them or finds it funny are an absolute disgrace. :(

Ironic really that there were blokes hanging around with little kids and singing it.

Would have loved for a steward to give one a backhand, there would be uproar while they all pissed themselves and ran away.

stupot07

Ironic really that there were blokes hanging around with little kids and singing it.

Would have loved for a steward to give one a backhand, there would be uproar while they all pissed themselves and ran away.

You couldn't make it up :(

Nick

Administrator
You have most likely found out by now but it was Cian Harries

Yeah I realised when I saw the team :)

He looked a bit nervy but good and wasn't scared of the big striker and Harewood.

Quite liked the trialist first half.

torchomatic

I know they were embarrassing, weren't they?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
Did you recognise any of them?

I'd hedge my bets they sit by the scoreboard and spend the game with their backs to the game trying to think of silly songs. Embarrassing.

Also, what was the need to rip the advert off?

Shakeitup

I'm all for banter, it's what makes football matches a great live event (seeing as the usual standard of play we see is pants!) However, that's not banter. It's sick. The club should ban anyone involved in such singing. The same would go for sexist, homophobic or racist in my book. They're not Coventry City fans, they're simple disgusting individuals.

ccfc92

I'd hedge my bets they sit by the scoreboard and spend the game with their backs to the game trying to think of silly songs. Embarrassing.

Also, what was the need to rip the advert off?

Was it the "drummer/s"? Or a different group?

Wasn't there :) but seems pointless to vandalise the place. I don't really understand this "rivalry" with N'ton, some people go mad for this game. Too much sun and pop I imagine? :)

Nick

Administrator
Was it the "drummer/s"? Or a different group?

Wasn't there :) but seems pointless to vandalise the place. I don't really understand this "rivalry" with N'ton, some people go mad for this game. Too much sun and pop I imagine? :)

Yep, was a drum there.

Isn't really a rivalry, having about 50 people shout in an old bloke's face then a couple give it loads while walking backwards.

Could bet a tenner these are the types to be in the telegraph when a steward drags them out with their arms folded and a little bruise.

Nick

Administrator
In terms of the game, pretty boring :(

Hopefully the trialist in the first half will get another chance. Liked the look of Charles Cook in goal, did Harewood a treat too!

SlowerThanPlatt

Coventry City manager Tony Mowbray will continue to run his eye over trialist Ruben Lameiras after the 0-0 draw at Nuneaton Town.

The Sky Blues were held at Liberty Way in their first pre-season game leading up to the 2015/16 League One season.

James Maddison hit the bar from a free-kick in City's best chance of the game and Lameiras had two shots saved during the first-half.

Mowbray was happy with the work-out and confirmed he will continue to look at Lameiras at Ryton training ground.

The City boss said: "It was good for us, a good work-out. There were lots of positive things for us to take from the game.

"It was a mixed bag for us with the experienced players, young lads and new signings all coming on and the first game can always catch you out.

"He's got a good pedrigree. He's been a Tottenham Hotspur and you can tell he has got natural ability and a bit of flair.

"I like his positive play and he's definitely worth keeping in the building and continuing to have a look at him."

The City boss also pointed out John Fleck's performance and hopes him and Romain Vincelot will develop an understanding ahead of the new season.

He added: "Fleck is an important player for this club. I knew the name before I came but probably didn't realise just how talented he is.

"I want him to grow next season and become a really influential player for us. Romain also did very well when he come on.

"He brings an energy and a knowledge to our midfield and my hope is that the more games we play, them two can develop an understanding."

ccfc92

Yep, was a drum there.

Isn't really a rivalry, having about 50 people shout in an old bloke's face then a couple give it loads while walking backwards.

Seems like a very odd scenario. Were you far away from it?

Nick

Administrator
Seems like a very odd scenario. Were you far away from it?

I was at the side, they were behind the goal.

Isn't odd, it is just dickheads who need a good slap as they don't seem to be in the real world.

How did it go ? "We do what we want, we are coventry city" while they ripped off an advertising board. Hard as nails!

ccfc92

I was at the side, they were behind the goal.

Isn't odd, it is just dickheads who need a good slap as they don't seem to be in the real world.

How did it go ? "We do what we want, we are coventry city" while they ripped off an advertising board. Hard as nails!

Agreed. Very disappointing behavior. One day they will get cornered by some hard as nails people, and will be given a good slap. Hopefully they'll learn about "being hard" then.

Nick

Administrator
It shows just how much we need strikers, Tudgay always looked to try and hold the ball up and although Maddison was not far off and the trialist stayed quite forward. Second half wasn't the best with Thomas up front.

Would be good to see the potential first 11 playing rather than a mis match.

robbiethemole

I was behind the goal and these kids were just to the side of me about 10 yards away there was one guy about mid 20's starting it all and acting the big I am and all the younger ones following. He needed kicking out and the ones goading the old steward just needed a good slapping they all went quiet when the 2 coppers walked aound in front of them. Absolute disgrace to the name of the Club and should be banned.

Nick

Administrator
I was behind the goal and these kids were just to the side of me about 10 yards away there was one guy about mid 20's starting it all and acting the big I am and all the younger ones following. He needed kicking out and the ones goading the old steward just needed a good slapping they all went quiet when the 2 coppers walked aound in front of them. Absolute disgrace to the name of the Club and should be banned.
The one who ran down to get involved with the steward? Then walked back like he has beaten Tyson?

SkyblueBazza

They were in the main very much like that!

...onwards & upwards PUSB

torchomatic

[video=youtube_share;IDd5FXJHoKs]https://youtu.be/IDd5FXJHoKs[/video]

Ashdown

The one who ran down to get involved with the steward? Then walked back like he has beaten Tyson?
Showing my age I know but some of these Gobshite twats are just a turn off at football these days. At least back in the day the hooligan fraternity were a bit more upfront and braver !

ccfc92

On a more positive note, the singing with the "Bob Marley" steward seemed a good laugh :D :laugh:

Users who are viewing this thread