Nuneaton Match Thread (1 Viewer)

torchomatic

I never know what they're saying.

How does that one go? Is that the one where they say "but we dont care" or something and a few shits thrown in?

torchomatic

ajsccfc

Whenever someone here moans about people abusing 'fellow fans' you're never more than three pages away from an example of them doing exactly that.

mrtrench

I go to a football game for the singing. Then again, when I go a gig I try and get a game of 5-a-side going when the band comes on.

Hobo

I go to a football game for the singing. Then again, when I go a gig I try and get a game of 5-a-side going when the band comes on.

A Faces fan then?

oscillatewildly

Does make me laugh that the ones who are getting so wound up about the kids are the ones who sit in the middle of the tesco stand and make no attempt to create an atmosphere.

Sadly, a group of youngsters singing under the scoreboard are all that is left atmosphere wise and without them it would be silent. I used to sit up in the corner when the average age was a lot higher than it is now, but unfortunately they have all fucked off.
Yes, a sad indictment of our 'support' these days. Whilst I cringe at some of the offensive/abusive chanting (incest etc) they are the only ones offering any vocal backing, when they get it right.
It's not compulsory that you should chant/sing at the game of course, but the sustained deafening silence from the overwhelming majority is, from a football supporting angle, quite unedifying. Christ, even the main stand at HR in the 1970's/80's used to get in one rousing chorus of 'CITY! CITY!' during 90 minutes play.

pusbccfc

Yes, a sad indictment of our 'support' these days. Whilst I cringe at some of the offensive/abusive chanting (incest etc) they are the only ones offering any vocal backing, when they get it right.
It's not compulsory that you should chant/sing at the game of course, but the sustained deafening silence from the overwhelming majority is, from a football supporting angle, quite unedifying. Christ, even the main stand at HR in the 1970's/80's used to get in one rousing chorus of 'CITY! CITY!' during 90 minutes play.

It is a shame. Surely the more enjoyable football matches are the ones where each fan can get involved in the atmosphere.

Great_Expectations

I absolutely destest this idea that to support the team or be a "real" fan you must be vocal and involved in "banter" during the game.

I am sure I attended more games last year than a lot of those who come to a selection of matches, sing a few songs and spend the game attempting to instigate a fight.

I am one of those 'Tesco stand bores', I sit bang on the half way line, half way up the stand. Why? Because, in my opinion, they are the best seats to watch the team I support. Which is ultimately why we are there; to support the team we all love, the level of that support should not judged on how much one person sings or chants.

That is in no way a knock to those who spend all game trying to create an atmosphere (the ones singing Coventry songs), but for me, its not the barometer against which fan level should be measured.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

I absolutely destest this idea that to support the team or be a "real" fan you must be vocal and involved in "banter" during the game.

I am sure I attended more games last year than a lot of those who come to a selection of matches, sing a few songs and spend the game attempting to instigate a fight.

I am one of those 'Tesco stand bores', I sit bang on the half way line, half way up the stand. Why? Because, in my opinion, they are the best seats to watch the team I support. Which is ultimately why we are there; to support the team we all love, the level of that support should not judged on how much one person sings or chants.

That is in no way a knock to those who spend all game trying to create an atmosphere (the ones singing Coventry songs), but for me, its not the barometer against which fan level should be measured.

Spot on fellow block 20'er my sentiments exactly!

hill83

Me and my dad have moved round from block 15 to the halfway line now. Couple of reasons, one my dad isn't really up for the extreme banter under the scoreboard anymore. Two, neither am I. And I feel that it's time to actually watch the football now as to be honest I never really have since I've been old enough to drink.

wingy

Second-half XI: Charles-Cook, Dev. Kelly-Evans, Harries, Ricketts, Stokes, B Trialist, C.Thomas, Vincelot, Lawton, Swanson, G.Thomas. #PUSB

Me and my dad have moved round from block 15 to the halfway line now. Couple of reasons, one my dad isn't really up for the extreme banter under the scoreboard anymore. Two, neither am I. And I feel that it's time to actually watch the football now as to be honest I never really have since I've been old enough to drink.

Did you have milk as a snippet?:)

covmark

It's alright mate, get back under there, Robbo will look after you, he's the man!

LB87ccfc

It's alright mate, get back under there, Robbo will look after you, he's the man! 

In his defence CovMark hes never said hes the man, has offered his apologies on here, when lets be fair, most would not give a shit and would not offer apologies.

Has never acted in an aggressive manner when I have seen him at away games before and certainly never acts a LAD.

Hes not someone who is a known face either if you get my drift.

I think we just need to move on from the incident now its done, dusted, iv'e seen alot worse from many a city supporter or football supporter over the years that's for sure.

WestEndAgro

Oooooooooooooooooooh you fat Bastard !

covcity4life

so proud of you:p

Users who are viewing this thread