Match Thread Notts County v Coventry Friday 18th May (4 Viewers)

jordan210

So no ones going to mention the foul on grimmer for there goal

Paul Anthony

When I sat in the home stand at Forest Green, watching possibly the worst performance I've ever seen a city team play (I wasn't there for Yeovil, luckily!) I honestly thought we'd blown the season. I fully expected a typical slump that would take us out of contention, no way back. It's the way City do things. Build up your hopes, then.....

But we didn't. We pulled it back. For once, we haven't bottled it. And the way we did it tonight was stunning. I really thought we were in for it when they got one back. It just seemed so inevitable. What an absolutely great result, so proud of our team tonight for the way they responded to everything County had up their sleeve,

tisza

they were lucky there wasn't a free-kick for the County goal with defender being held in the box that allowed the ball to get to Grant in first place.

Mr Panda

Can someone with photoshop skills please cut 'This is our lane' from the County images and crop it above a picture or our lads?

Mucca Mad Boys

I think Nolan will be righteously frustrated with the match officials, the penalty, disallowed goal and our 3rd shouldn’t have been. However, over two legs, we were good value for the draw and were certainly head and shoulders above them tonight. The linesmen were terrible, and thankfully that benefitted us, but they called McNulty off twice when he wasn’t, and the first time he was through on goal — and you could tell he knew he was called offside too.

Frankly, Notts County can play the victimhood card, but when all was said and done, they had one good 15m period where they were on top. On another day, we could have had 6 or 7, and that’s not exaggerating.

After missing out on Wembley last year, I’m not missing this for the world! I’ve got my penultimate 3rd year uni exams on the 29th!

Hobo

Don't forget the arm that took Biamou out on the edge of the box, the County player then fell to floor clutching his head like it was an accidental clash of heads. Full of gamesmanship County....lost to a better side fact.

Happy_Martian

Yes they erte

They looked it to me! Both of them

Where on the players body is the line drawn to show if they're offside or not ? When the ball was played each time, their bodies may have been ahead by centimetres but their feet were in line with the defenders.

And for the disallowed goal, Forte was not offside when the ball was played but a County player coming in from the side was. The Lino wouldn't have known who was going for the ball so was right to flag as he was in an active position.

CovKid73

I think Nolan will be righteously frustrated with the match officials, the penalty, disallowed goal and our 3rd shouldn’t have been. However, over two legs, we were good value for the draw and were certainly head and shoulders above them tonight. The linesmen were terrible, and thankfully that benefitted us, but they called McNulty off twice when he wasn’t, and the first time he was through on goal — and you could tell he knew he was called offside too.

Frankly, Notts County can play the victimhood card, but when all was said and done, they had one good 15m period where they were on top. On another day, we could have had 6 or 7, and that’s not exaggerating.

After missing out on Wembley last year, I’m not missing this for the world! I’ve got my penultimate 3rd year uni exams on the 29th!
I missed out on Wembley on purpose last season - I wouldn't have been able to celebrate winning that thing (call yourself a Cov fan???). Didn't mean anything to me..... This is different......

lifeskyblue

Far the better side apart from first 20 second half. Notts were pretty poor...long aimless balls. Hyam immense and Willis too. When we got the ball n the ground we were far too good for them and created more than we usually do. I thought Shipley our weakest player until last 15 when he really got bit between his teeth. Biamou worked tirelessly and with an end result.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ring Of Steel

I’d say that before chucking stones, Notts County need to assess their own brand of turgid, hump it long football.

It could have worked against us as we can be naive and lack experience- but my god they’re an ugly team.

They need to take a good look at themselves as well as pretending that they have somehow been completely cheated- make no mistake, for huge swathes of that game we handed them a harsh footballing lesson.

lifeskyblue

6fb34d08791df048a185153b1844bda3.jpg

I saw this and thought of BringBackRattles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grendel

The disallowed second goal for them was a shocker really - he wasn’t even level but behind Grimner.

Grimmer unfortunately was culpable for the goal and would have been for that as well.

Technically Biamou second goal was offside but that’s really fine margins and they had ample opportunity to deal with it.

Fair play to Biamou he had his best game by a long chalk so deserved the luck for that one.

If I was a county fan I’d be fuming at the decisions but a neutral would say the team deserved the win.

McNulty fantastic game - movement and awareness - bayliss the same and Shipley worked incredibly hard through the whole match

Alan Dugdales Moustache

The disallowed second goal for them was a shocker really - he wasn’t even level but behind Grimner.

Grimmer unfortunately was culpable for the goal and would have been for that as well.

Technically Biamou second goal was offside but that’s really fine margins and they had ample opportunity to deal with it.

Fair play to Biamou he had his best game by a long chalk so deserved the luck for that one.

If I was a county fan I’d be fuming at the decisions but a neutral would say the team deserved the win.

McNulty fantastic game - movement and awareness - bayliss the same and Shipley worked incredibly hard through the whole match
You miserable git. Let yourself down with something positive at the end.

Hobo

They had a lot of luck with their first goal, first attack after forty minutes two little glancing headers and everything just fell right for them. That doesn't happen very often. So they weren't without luck.

D

Deleted member 4439

G

What makes you think Forte was given offside, rather than the Notts player who was offside and encroaching on the six yard box?

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Thanks for that Nottsman.

Biamou deserves his luck, are you having a laugh ?

peace ndlovu

Genuinely cant understand how anyone can fail to see that Stead cynically fouled Grimmer in the build up to their goal. It's good that you try to be objective but, but you need to watch that again. I am delighted not just by the result, but that the score did not flatter us

Sky Blue Pete

Bloody hell!!! Red card!! Dive by their right back after being booked, Duffy assaulting max when going clean through. Plenty of decisions went for them.

Terry_dactyl

Without reading anything else on this thread...well done lads. Great display. A couple of dodgy decisions in our favour but it would’ve been a travesty had we not prevailed over the two legs. Well done city. Fuck off notts county.

Grendel

What makes you think Forte was given offside, rather than the Notts player who was offside and encroaching on the six yard box?

He wasn’t encroaching come on

Nonleagueherewecome

Users who are viewing this thread