Match Thread Notts County v Coventry Friday 18th May (1 Viewer)

fernandopartridge

Grimmer is very suspect defensively, and for some reason, it goes under the radar.

Even for Biamou's goal, he was marginally offside when he got the ball on the wing, the rest was shocking defending, he had three defenders around him giving him all the time in the world to get his shot off his right foot. If anyone watched on Sky, Coleman's (Accrington Stanley manager) was saying they were dropping far too deep, for; McNulty's, Biamou's 2nd and Bayliss' goals, they were culpable for their own downfall. They can deflect all they want, but the heart of the issue is that they simply weren't good enough over the two legs.

I'd be frustrated if we were on the end of those poor decisions, but conceding 4 goals at home isn't good enough regardless of said decisions. If they want to move forward as a club, they need to identify where they went wrong to have dropped out of the automatic places (in the first place) and how they can improve in big games,
Their goal was down to Bayliss

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Just watched Sky’s ‘Why Nolan Was Fuming’.

How can Colman say that if their ‘offside’ goal had stood there would only have been one winner?

As his co presenter said, or might have even been him himself after the Biamou goal, if the Lino is unsure, you give the attacker the advantage, as it should be.

Strangely, the Lino who flagged their goal offside shows what the offside rule should be imo; the other guy nearest the Lino is off; Forte isn’t but for me, if you are off, you’re off. No ‘interefering or not’ balony

Would have been nice to hear some nice things said about us, but I guess even if any were said, Sky are unlikely to replay them!

covcity4life

Just watched Sky’s ‘Why Nolan Was Fuming’.

How can Colman say that if their ‘offside’ goal had stood there would only have been one winner?

As his co presenter said, or might have even been him himself after the Biamou goal, if the Lino is unsure, you give the attacker the advantage, as it should be.

Strangely, the Lino who flagged their goal offside shows what the offside rule should be imo; the other guy nearest the Lino is off; Forte isn’t but for me, if you are off, you’re off. No ‘interefering or not’ balony

Would have been nice to hear some nice things said about us, but I guess even if any were said, Sky are unlikely to replay them!
Coleman was very complimentey to us. Even said we deserved it despite decisions

And make no mistakr we got s lot of luck over 2 legs

Soft pen
Forte goal ruled out incorrectly
Biamou offside thrn mcnulty offside b4 our goal

I dont wanns hear crap about of they cheat and shoukd ha e red cards etc

We were better team. But we also got luck. Had it been 2-2 my money be on county too

AngryAnt

We were the better team, deserved it over the two legs and I'm sorry but if Noland is moaning over their second goal (which my gut said he was off, because the other guy was in the 6yrd box, you can't be there and not in play), then he really shouldn't have had 11 men on the pitch. The headbutt was a clear red, right in front of the linesman.

Still, we're off to Wembley!

Gazolba

Highlights:

Last edited:

clint van damme

Sour grapes from Nolan, if i was a County fan I'd be wondering whether he's right man, a Mowbray esque capitulation and he's blaming the referee

we learnt out lessons from the league game and last week, Robins got it spot on.
Nolan did nothing to nullify our strengths, poor managerial performance.

clint van damme

Soft pen

We were better team. But we also got luck. Had it been 2-2 my money be on county too

what about the handball they got away with last week? Or the fact one of their players head butts McNulty and only gets a yellow? Fuck 'em, delighted to go through and delighted to have put that prick Nolan back in his box.

covcity4life

what about the handball they got away with last week? Or the fact one of their players head butts McNulty and only gets a yellow? Fuck 'em, delighted to go through and delighted to have put that prick Nolan back in his box.
Mcnulty did same. No one connected. Stop being a baby

Handball came after a soft pen. May never have happened otherwise

We got very lucky. Dont mean we did not deserve it

And nolan has done nothing to hsve people loke you vehemently hate him

clint van damme

Mcnulty did same. No one connected. Stop being a baby

Handball came after a soft pen. May never have happened otherwise

We got very lucky. Dont mean we did not deserve it

And nolan has done nothing to hsve people loke you vehemently hate him

no he didn't I had a clear view of it, he butted McNulty, not hard, but players go get sent off for it.
I don't vehemently hate Nolan, he's just a dick. I'm not sure why you're defending him, but carry on.
What do you mean, stop being a baby, you're the one crying even though we won. All about CCFC for me, not interested in Notts.

covcity4life

no he didn't I had a clear view of it, he butted McNulty, not hard, but players go get sent off for it.
I don't vehemently hate Nolan, he's just a dick. I'm not sure why you're defending him, but carry on.
What do you mean, stop being a baby, you're the one crying even though we won. All about CCFC for me, not interested in Notts.

You clearly are obsessed with them. Wanting to pretend they wernt hard done by

And why would i hate nolan????

Just enjoy cov winning without lies

clint van damme

You clearly are obsessed with them. Wanting to pretend they wernt hard done by

And why would i hate nolan????

Just enjoy cov winning without lies

What lies? you talk absolute shite. Hard done by? I could give you 40 years worth of hard done by!
You enjoy your day jumping to the defence of the opposition, I'm going to savour the victory. All about CCFC for me.

covcity4life

What lies? you talk absolute shite. You enjoy your day jumping to the defence of the opposition, I'm going to savour the victory. All about CCFC for me.
Yes because admitting we got rub of the green means defending oplosition

Savour the victory by all means. Im bout to watch 1st and 2nd leg highlights back to back myself

clint van damme

Yes because admitting we got rub of the green means defending oplosition

Savour the victory by all means. Im bout to watch 1st and 2nd leg highlights back to back myself

no, they had decisions going against them but so did we though you seem to be ignoring that. Did those bad decisions fall more in our favour on this occasion, I'd say so.
We also had decisions go against us in the league game but they got away with them because there was no TV coverage.
That's down to the officials not CCFC. The better team is going through.

Sky Blue Pete

Soft pen

It’s not crap about the cards Mate. They are all decisions. Change what you can change. Nolan is an idiot blaming the decisions. I hope he looks at the interview and is a little ashamed. They were played off the Park sure both sides had decisions go for and against them that’s football. 5-2!!!! We will knock of the penalty and the offside goal. That better? Oh and we still won 3-2. Put that to Nolan.

clint van damme

It’s not crap about the cards Mate. They are all decisions. Change what you can change. Nolan is an idiot blaming the decisions. I hope he looks at the interview and is a little ashamed. They were played off the Park sure both sides had decisions go for and against them that’s football. 5-2!!!! We will knock of the penalty and the offside goal. That better? Oh and we still won 3-2. Put that to Nolan.

it's a Mourinhoesque attempt at deflecting from the fact that they were in the automatics for much of the season and blew it.

covcity4life

You would be seething if we went out with dissalowed goals and offside goals

And so would.robins

What a twat he is too tho i guess?

Oh my

clint van damme

have you told mowbray you've fallen for someone else?!
Robins would, as he has done many times, give a more balanced view and not just cherry pick the incidents that suit him. I never called nolan a twat. Youre getting yourself worked up and imagining things.

clint van damme

just nipped to the shop, (about 3 hours ago), and nipped in for a pint.
Have bumped into to two or three different groups of lads I know who are regulars and were there last night. Brought it home to me how much this means, all absolutely buzzing. I know it sounds obvious but seeing how pleased they were and hearing them talking about what a night last night was sort of brought it home to me. Fingers crossed we finish the job.

wingy

I was frigging angry not holding out to half time.
Another set piece FU.
I blamed Stokes myself ,no way that should have got beyond him that unfortunately set the tone of the second half .
Am I being over harsh?

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Just watching the game back

Sure the commentator said ‘Get In’ when County scored.

Just seen the head to head incident too. How that wasn’t a red I’ll never know. Think McNulty was too honest staying on his feet and sill think Lino lost concentration on what was happening by getting too involved amongst the fracas rather than observing. Not that it matters now though :)

Otis

Just seen the head to head incident too. How that wasn’t a red I’ll never know. Think McNulty was too honest staying on his feet and sill think Lino lost concentration on what was happening by getting too involved amongst the fracas rather than observing. Not that it matters now though :)
Many a dishonest player and those under the instruction of their manager would have gone down after the head to head.

Wouldn't have been surprised if that was the other way round that the County player would have gone to the floor.

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
What about McNulty through after the foul on Max and the lino flagged him offside when he wasn't, we had a few decisions but I still think we would have won, they threw players forward and we were close to breaking on that a few times in the second half.
If you leave 3-4 players always offside on set plays and hope that your running players come through to score by creating this distraction then at times its going to work for you and other times, the linesman gets it wrong, how many have they scored this year from this bully boy long ball tactic.
Nolan clearly angry and sadly, he didn't show the same kind of words that Robins did, he should have expressed his anger and then conceded by saying that both games were extremely tough and we did well.

Astute

Looked to me as though McNulty wound him up more by smiling at him after the clash of heads. It made him do it even more. It is good to see that we finally have players with a backbone.

Users who are viewing this thread