Match Thread Notts County v Coventry Friday 18th May (1 Viewer)

Otis

What about McNulty through after the foul on Max and the lino flagged him offside when he wasn't, we had a few decisions but I still think we would have won, they threw players forward and we were close to breaking on that a few times in the second half.
If you leave 3-4 players always offside on set plays and hope that your running players come through to score by creating this distraction then at times its going to work for you and other times, the linesman gets it wrong, how many have they scored this year from this bully boy long ball tactic.
Nolan clearly angry and sadly, he didn't show the same kind of words that Robins did, he should have expressed his anger and then conceded by saying that both games were extremely tough and we did well.
Exactly.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Looked to me as though McNulty wound him up more by smiling at him after the clash of heads. It made him do it even more. It is good to see that we finally have players with a backbone.

It sure does. And the unity the squad seem to have in backing one another up. Lost count how many times there’s been ‘handbags’ In games and the squad have covered each other!

Also good to see Kelly getting in the refs ear County-style after every foul. I don’t like it much when players do it but when opposition players do it repeatedly, you can’t just sit back and not resort to doing the same in reply

Warwickhunt

no he didn't I had a clear view of it, he butted McNulty, not hard, but players go get sent off for it.
I don't vehemently hate Nolan, he's just a dick. I'm not sure why you're defending him, but carry on.
What do you mean, stop being a baby, you're the one crying even though we won. All about CCFC for me, not interested in Notts.
Mcnulty was a proper footballer in that incident he could have dropped to the floor holding his face and screaming in agony! But he did'nt I would like to know if the thought process by him was "if I get him sent off it would fire Notts up even more and we could struggle to contain them even though they only had ten men!" So he stood his ground

Astute

It sure does. And the unity the squad seem to have in backing one another up. Lost count how many times there’s been ‘handbags’ In games and the squad have covered each other!

Also good to see Kelly getting in the refs ear County-style after every foul. I don’t like it much when players do it but when opposition players do it repeatedly, you can’t just sit back and not resort to doing the same in reply
I knew you would come round to my way of thinking eventually ;)

That was why I saw Doyle as a big signing. Our younger players have been bullied out of games for years. His mentality seems to have rubbed off on the players during the season. Doyle isn't the most talented player in our squad by far. But he would be one of the first on the team sheet if it was my choice. And with the way he is playing we might even get another season out of him. I haven't seen anything to suggest not. And he would help to continue an improvement on our younger players.

Astute

Mcnulty was a proper footballer in that incident he could have dropped to the floor holding his face and screaming in agony! But he did'nt I would like to know if the thought process by him was "if I get him sent off it would fire Notts up even more and we could struggle to contain them even though they only had ten men!" So he stood his ground
Not the way I see it. Notts County are nothing but whinging bullies. McNulty wasn't going to get bullied. It helped to make sure that their tactics failed. Laughing or smiling at a bully is the best way to stop them. McNulty played it fair and their player couldn't afford to be a bully for the rest of the game.

stevefloyd

The influence of Doyle is absolutely immense...he is a proper roll up your sleeves footballer and give it everything you have absolutely brilliant signing for us what he lacks in ability he makes up 1 million per cent in battling and demanding from our other players

Note to myself: sober up before making posts that nearly don't make sense

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
Their chairman is still banging on about it. Making themselves look silly now.

Needs to have a look closer to home with his manager who can't get through a game without trying to intimidate officials. Berating them after the game and getting sent to the stands.

Otis

Bloody hell, he needs to let it go.

I think we have identified at least three incidents in the game where we were 'robbed' haven't we.

You would think poor decisions only happen to Notts County.

They should have had at least one player sent off and McNulty was clearly onside when put through in a one on one.

Robins would have definitely moved on from this by now if the roles were reversed. Pretty certain he would have done so within a day of the result.

Ricketts

Apart from the headbut, look at the Notts County player with his foot in the same incident, stamping down on McNultys foot.

I wondered why Max was telling the ref about a stamp.

Needs banning the same as Davies.

And he got a push from Mcnulty as he ran straight across his path trying to delay the throw,

Nick

Administrator
Apart from the headbut, look at the Notts County player with his foot in the same incident, stamping down on McNultys foot.

And he got a push from Mcnulty as he ran straight across his path trying to delay the throw,

Didnt spot that at the time, have you got a link with a decent clip?

clint van damme

got booked for the incident so won't happen.

jordan210

Ok they had some bad decisions go against them.

But its time to move on. Multiple bad decisions went unnoticed or called wrong. for both teams.

For example when sparky had a foul given against him when he was wrestled down by the last defender. Duffy clearly fouling Max then holding his head to try and make it look like a clash.

But we got on with the game. Out manager dint spent his time shouting and swearing at the officials. (Should have been sent to the stands)

The way 'Big Alan' is going on really needs to be looked at by the football league. If a player or manager came out with these comments they would get a ban and a fine. Should not be different for an chairman.

clint van damme

Isnt that only if he was booked for the headbutt attempt and the stamping? If the ref didnt see the stamping isnt that still allowed for a red after?

that's right, but I think the FL would take it as he was booked for the incident, gives them the kop out they'd need.

Users who are viewing this thread