Match Thread Norwich (4 Viewers)

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I've ultimately decided

Camp
Dabo Hyam Fadz Osti Giles
Hamer Kelly Sheaf
Walker Max

Wilson, Pask, Thompson, Shipley, Allen, O'Hare, Jobello, Bapaga, Baka
With so many players out I'm more confident we can give them a good game if we have a go at it, but I still think they'll be pressing and we might need to go long occasionally and Max fighting for it is preferably to the skills of O'Hare etc from the start. Might also surprise them if we go out to attack.

Gibbo

I am certain that at the start of the season this one was marked down as a defeat, and it almost certainly still will be. But there are some things I'd like to see.
  1. 3-5-2 formation Sheaf, Kelly and Hamer sitting in front a back three and then park the bus for 90 minutes.
  2. In front of them Walker and Shipley to run their socks off for 65 minutes holding up attacks, to be replaced by O'Hara and one other (doesn't matter who) to do the same for the last quarter
  3. Walk away with a 0-0
Regardless of formation changes, Robins appears to have briefed them to play much more conservatively. This is good, we have the worst goal difference in the division. We really needed those two clean sheets. And let's face it Cardiff would have been a goalless draw as well, had not their defensive blunder let Walker in. Hopefully the defensive tightness can continue.

Gibbo

What are practicalities of camp having covid tests etc to be able to join squad?
If Cov are like other clubs all players and staff are tested weekly. A friend who is a director of one of the smaller League 1 clubs tells me each test costs £200. They would test before signing I assume.

JeffB

This fixture I always think was the start of our terminal decline when we had the most horrific biased referee called Sarginson who should have been wearing yellow and green and he got Norwich over the line fortuitously 2-3. Nevertheless we always do well against Norwich and I reckon if we have a go rather than go through the motions we can get something out of the game.

Grendel

That's a bit worrying. I think McCallum has been great this season. Really underestimated player.

There is no recall clause is there?

skyblues83

This fixture I always think was the start of our terminal decline when we had the most horrific biased referee called Sarginson who should have been wearing yellow and green and he got Norwich over the line fortuitously 2-3. Nevertheless we always do well against Norwich and I reckon if we have a go rather than go through the motions we can get something out of the game.

this the game where it snowed loads?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SlowerThanPlatt

Norwich City full-back Sam McCallum has returned to Championship side Coventry City on loan for the 2020-21 season.

McCallum signed for Norwich in January 2020, before ending the League One-winning campaign with Coventry.

For Norwich, McCallum featured in Daniel Farke’s 2020-21 pre-season preparations, and represented the Canaries in the Carabao Cup first round against Luton Town.

Everyone at Norwich City wishes Sam all the best for the season ahead.

Grendel

Nah it’s a quote from a journo is it not? Tell you what G just text it in as a question to Clive tomorrow

Well it’s someone who seems to blog - I’m only going off the respective clubs press releases

Gleneagles65

Not at Carrow road we don’t.

steve cooper

That's a bit worrying. I think McCallum has been great this season. Really underestimated player.
McCallum's loan this season may have been part of a re-negotiated payment schedule. MR said at the time that it came out of the blue, so he wasn't chasing him, and had already got Giles in for that position.

johnwillomagic

I actually hope and think Wilson deserves to start at least tomorrow -.....however can see Robins being ruthless and playing Camp we will see soon enough.

kg82

Blimey, their injury list is huge. This is the crocks derby then. Who do Norwich have, that’s fit, to play up top?

LilleSkyBlue

I am certain that at the start of the season this one was marked down as a defeat, and it almost certainly still will be. But there are some things I'd like to see.
  1. 3-5-2 formation Sheaf, Kelly and Hamer sitting in front a back three and then park the bus for 90 minutes.
  2. In front of them Walker and Shipley to run their socks off for 65 minutes holding up attacks, to be replaced by O'Hara and one other (doesn't matter who) to do the same for the last quarter
  3. Walk away with a 0-0
Regardless of formation changes, Robins appears to have briefed them to play much more conservatively. This is good, we have the worst goal difference in the division. We really needed those two clean sheets. And let's face it Cardiff would have been a goalless draw as well, had not their defensive blunder let Walker in. Hopefully the defensive tightness can continue.

the highest number of goals conceded - Wycombe and Derby have worse goal differences

Sorry, I'm pissed like a scurvy hound

Users who are viewing this thread