Match Thread Norwich (2 Viewers)

shmmeee

Expecting a loss so anything more will be fine.

With Marosi and McCallum missing really unsure of how to set up as Giles would have to be pushed in LB which isn't working to his strengths and robs us of much of his ability to create. Also still without Godden which puts my thoughts of a 5-3-2 or 3-5-2 on the backburner despite Max and Baka being available.

Sheaf, Kelly and Hamer in midfield is my main starting point and working out from there.

As Dabo seems to be more influential at RWB and Giles better going forward it'd suggest WB's would be the better choice, but we do get caught in behind at times playing that, suggesting 3CB's. Or do we go with the two with Kelly just in front of them (or possibly Sheaf)

With the ACM/F do we stick with Shipley to run around and possibly link up around the box, although he does pull out of challenges far too easily? Or O'Hare for a bit more ability to run with the ball, but still with the workrate? Biamou to challenge and hold up the ball to give us a more direct option out (which I think we may need as I feel they'll press high and put us under pressure).

I'm really stuck as to what I'd do.

McCallum and Dabo played quite high when we attacked yesterday, both Sheaf and Kelly can drop deep almost as a 3rd CB. So I think you can go 43? Even with Giles at LB.

I suppose it’s got to be O’Hare back in for McCallum and back to the Brum team with Giles for McCallum basically.

mrtrench

My sister's husband is a Norwich fan. We were supposed to be making a weekend of it in Norfolk... shame.

speedie87

Don’t mind if we lose this but beat derby

Rest McFadz and play ostigard for this so he’s fresh for derby?

Colin Steins Smile

I think resting McFadz for this one could be an idea.

I worry about him dealing with Pukki and getting sent off having been caught out for speed.

Londonccfcfan

Same set up from last night with Giles in for McCallum at left back and O'Hare in midfield.
Would take a draw here but a loss not the end of the world!
Theres just no chance Giles will play Left back. No chance. Mark my words

Londonccfcfan

Robins might go back to 3 at the back. With Giles at wing back. and 3 defensive midfielders. Basically how we ended the last game when Ostigard came on.

Brighton Sky Blue

Won’t have a better chance of getting a result against them with all those missing just a shame we are also a few missing

Mucca Mad Boys

If we stick with the same system as last night, then I think Ostigard could play left back. I think MR has referenced his ability to fill in at full back - I could wrong.

If Godden is returning to the side, it might be worth considering playing 5-3-2 again. Frankly, based off the last two games, we’re giving up too much defensively in an away game against top of the league. It’s probably too risky.

Londonccfcfan

If we stick with the same system as last night, then I think Ostigard could play left back. I think MR has referenced his ability to fill in at full back - I could wrong.

If Godden is returning to the side, it might be worth considering playing 5-3-2 again. Frankly, based off the last two games, we’re giving up too much defensively in an away game against top of the league. It’s probably too risky.
Good shout. just cant see Giles at left back. but then theres hardly any back up defenders on the bench apart form Thompson.

87 n all that

Good shout. just cant see Giles at left back. but then theres hardly any back up defenders on the bench apart form Thompson.
Thompson’s a right footer though so I think he’ll go 3 CH’s. It’s an away game and I think he might change it. Surprised if Shipley starts too. Look fooked in both of the last 2 games when subbed. Even though we can name 9 subs, the options aren’t to great in terms of squad depth, trusting those who might start against those who won’t and can come on and either make an impact or close a game out.

oakey

A game we can go into with pressure of us no fear a free hit, Robins has changed the system and to be fair it has got us points on the board may not be prety at times but yesterday was an improvement on birmigham and another clean sheet, personally would stick to the same formation with Giles replacing mcallum at left back which is a shame as he looked good in the advanced role and ohare for Shipley.
You want to play with ten men?

87 n all that

You want to play with ten men?
Giles is not a defender. If he plays lb then I’ll be shocked. This is the first away (?) game for nearly a month. The formation will be different with the personnel he has available. Good time to play the league leaders though, they’ve got injuries to rival ours.

BackRoomRummermill

Well if Godden is playing 3 nil Cov Godden hatrick .... but then realised I am talking absolute rubbish , it will be 4 and Mcfaz will get one as well !

Amcoventry

They are not near the bottom of the
table so expect a win or a draw

Grendel

Well, Tim Krul's out so we'll both be playing reserve keepers, anybody's guess who will be the best of them

Hardly a guess if their reserve is McGovern

ccfcricoh

Back to 3/5 at the back

Wilson/new

Giles
Hyam
Rose
McFadz
Dabo

Kelly
Sheaf
Hamer